Image ImageImage Image

Rumor about Tyrus

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Friend_Of_Haley
RealGM
And1: 374

Re: Rumor about Tyrus 

Post#21 » by Friend_Of_Haley » Mon Feb 8, 2010 8:05 am

BrooklynBulls wrote:Throw JJ in, don't care. Haywood's not a rental. You try to trade the crap out of Hinrich immediately so you can resign Haywood and pursue a bigtime FA.

Haywood/Noah
Bosh/Noah/Gibson
Deng/my grams

That's a championship frontcourt and a half.

I'd be weary of Haywood. He is rebounding way outside his career Reb rate. Depends on the price.
sdeezy
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#22 » by sdeezy » Mon Feb 8, 2010 8:05 am

BrooklynBulls wrote:Throw JJ in, don't care. Haywood's not a rental. You try to trade the crap out of Hinrich immediately so you can resign Haywood and pursue a bigtime FA.

Haywood/Noah
Bosh/Noah/Gibson
Deng/my grams

That's a championship frontcourt and a half.

What then do you do with Noah? I know he's a team guy and probably wouldnt mind a 6th man Role but he's clearly a starting center and has proven he's actually top 10ish at that position when healthy. You probably wont be able to keep him at whatever price it is that he'd be worth when extension time comes along
montestewart wrote:Blatche and McGee standing next to Boozer and Thomas reminded me of first-time offenders meeting real cons in a "scared straight" program.
BrooklynBulls
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,652

Post#23 » by BrooklynBulls » Mon Feb 8, 2010 8:14 am

sdeezy wrote:What then do you do with Noah? I know he's a team guy and probably wouldnt mind a 6th man Role but he's clearly a starting center and has proven he's actually top 10ish at that position when healthy. You probably wont be able to keep him at whatever price it is that he'd be worth when extension time comes along

What do you do with Noah? Extend him. He's a starting Center? Lamar Odom is a starting power forward. Big whoop. Too much quality is just not going to be a concern if you're winning, and we'll be winning if it comes down to my scenario. If you can't manage a big star, then yeah, you probably let Haywood walk. Extension time is this offseason, btw.
logical_art
RealGM
And1: 3,671

Post#24 » by logical_art » Mon Feb 8, 2010 8:14 am

Inconsistent big has career year in contract season. I too would be leery of Haywood.
umfan83
RealGM
And1: 3,265

Post#25 » by umfan83 » Mon Feb 8, 2010 8:16 am

If this is true, the Bulls must have really given up on James Johnson. Remember how high they seemed to be on draft night? There were rumors that the Bulls were trying to trade up to get him and were trilled when he dropped to that spot. Now he's possibly being packaged with a malcontent for a rental?
RealGM Bulls Board veteran of the following failed epic battles:
-Kobe (2008)
-Amare (2009)
-Bosh (2010 trade deadline and FA)
-LeBron (2010)
-Wade (2010)
-Melo (2014)
BrooklynBulls
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,652

Post#26 » by BrooklynBulls » Mon Feb 8, 2010 8:18 am

Friend_Of_Haley wrote:I'd be weary of Haywood. He is rebounding way outside his career Reb rate. Depends on the price.

You're right, he's not the best boarder in the world. But he's a great post defender, he's a good anchor, and he's just simply a good player you're getting in return for two guys who are not. James Johnson can be a player eventually...but most likely not, and most likely not as good as Haywood, and certainly not at a position as important as Haywood's.

And on second thought, maybe you start Noah. Who knows. Who cares, even? Two starting Centers on one team has always been a great idea in my book if you can manage it.
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,052

Post#27 » by Rerisen » Mon Feb 8, 2010 8:18 am

logical_art wrote:Inconsistent big has career year in contract season. I too would be leery of Haywood.

I don't see a downside. Unless Tyrus is needed in a package for Amare/Boozer/Bosh this season. But doesn't seem to be the case, or if it is, the team will know by the deadline.

Worse case we get a player that helps the rest of this year in a position we are thin and injury plagued at. And we get rid of a player that Vinny dislikes and whose career is far too tarnished to ever thrive here.
sporadiclee
Sixth Man
And1: 75

Post#28 » by sporadiclee » Mon Feb 8, 2010 8:19 am

I have mixed feelings about trading Johnson so early It would clear another 1.7 million for next year, and I didn't want to draft him in the first place, but it's crazy to presumably give up on him for displaying the same traits that made other teams leery of drafting him. The guy's weaknesses are well known. Maybe Pax is finally giving up on long term project players. I guess trading him now is better than watching him ride the bench for another year.

Haywood would be a solid return. His offensive limitations are a bit concerning, but it's not like Tyrus and Johnson have contributed much offense this season. Moving Taj to the bench would also be a smart move. Overall, I like the trade.
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#29 » by Rerisen » Mon Feb 8, 2010 8:19 am

As far as James Johnson going out, its not about dumping him for nothing. It clears off another 2 million almost for next year. And if they ship Kirk out too, that gets you all the closer to trying to nab a guy like David Lee or Boozer for less than the max.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,230

Post#30 » by HomoSapien » Mon Feb 8, 2010 8:20 am

BrooklynBulls wrote:
sdeezy wrote:What then do you do with Noah? I know he's a team guy and probably wouldnt mind a 6th man Role but he's clearly a starting center and has proven he's actually top 10ish at that position when healthy. You probably wont be able to keep him at whatever price it is that he'd be worth when extension time comes along

What do you do with Noah? Extend him. He's a starting Center? Lamar Odom is a starting power forward. Big whoop. Too much quality is just not going to be a concern if you're winning, and we'll be winning if it comes down to my scenario. If you can't manage a big star, then yeah, you probably let Haywood walk. Extension time is this offseason, btw.

There's no reason that Haywood has to start. He may complain about his role, but let him. Noah's earned the right to be the starter.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
JackFinn
RealGM
And1: 1,605

Post#31 » by JackFinn » Mon Feb 8, 2010 8:20 am

Strange ending up with Rodman, Starks, Hughes, and Haywood. If Posey becomes a Bull, this is BS.
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#32 » by Rerisen » Mon Feb 8, 2010 8:20 am

JackFinn wrote:Strange ending up with Rodman, Starks, Hughes, and Haywood. If Posey becomes a Bull, this is BS.

How do you think Ronda is gonna feel when Kirk is suiting up in Celtic green?
logical_art
RealGM

Post#33 » by logical_art » Mon Feb 8, 2010 8:20 am

Rerisen wrote:
logical_art wrote:Inconsistent big has career year in contract season. I too would be leery of Haywood.

I don't see a downside. Unless Tyrus is needed in a package for Amare/Boozer/Bosh this season. But doesn't seem to be the case, or if it is, the team will know by the deadline.

Worse case we get a player that helps the rest of this year in a position we are thin and injury plagued at. And we get rid of a player that Vinny dislikes and whose career is far too tarnished to ever thrive here.

The downside is in a) giving up JJ so soon and b) extending Haywood.
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#34 » by Rerisen » Mon Feb 8, 2010 8:21 am

logical_art wrote:The downside is in a) giving up JJ so soon and b) extending Haywood.

Hmm. I don't see us extending him unless something goes drastically wrong in the offseason. I think we just want Tyrus gone for any kind of value that can help for this year.

JJ you have to evaluate his money and how long it would take him to develop even if he ever does, vs the team's plans to "Go For It' in 2010 with two 'top shelf' Free Agents.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,230

Post#35 » by HomoSapien » Mon Feb 8, 2010 8:22 am

Rerisen wrote:

Yes, he's having a career year, but he's consistently been an 11, 9, and 2 guy per 36. He's always been productive. There's no reason to believe that will change next year.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
pduh01
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,562

Post#36 » by pduh01 » Mon Feb 8, 2010 8:22 am

You know after we discovered that Noah has his foot injury and it's going to take time for him to heal which technically he doesn't have six weeks. I was thinking the other day we need to go after a big man that can defend and two big man I can think of possible on the block Haywood is one and the other is Camby.

I wouldn't mind about this deal to go after Haywood a guy who is a shot blocker and also a solid defender we need help and there is no guarantee that Noah can pick things up where he left up after the all star break. Hell no guarantee he will return after the all star break he might getting another few weeks off or more.
Check out my blogs
http://nbaanalytical.blogspot.com/ <-------NBA Analytical

Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/phillip93
logical_art
RealGM

Post#37 » by logical_art » Mon Feb 8, 2010 8:25 am

Also, Brad Miller is a solid backup who complements Noah better. I think a more useful expiring contract could be gotten this year.
Jvaughn
RealGM
And1: 4,126

Post#38 » by Jvaughn » Mon Feb 8, 2010 8:25 am

HomoSapien wrote:
BrooklynBulls wrote:

There's no reason that Haywood has to start. He may complain about his role, but let him. Noah's earned the right to be the starter.

+1

If Haywood is extended and we pick up Bosh/Amare/Boozer/Lee I say Haywood off the bench unless Noah is struggling against the opposing big. Noah is a borderline all-star. I start him. We should use Haywood like Dallas used to use Dampier. Only defensive purposes against great/strong post players.
spearsy23 wrote:Kobe is a low percentage chucker just like Jennings, he's just better at it.

teamCHItown wrote:Now we have threads on what violent felons think of our Bulls. Great. Next up, OJ Simpson's take on a possible Taj Gibson extension.
Jeffster81
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,774

Post#39 » by Jeffster81 » Mon Feb 8, 2010 8:28 am

umfan83 wrote:If this is true, the Bulls must have really given up on James Johnson. Remember how high they seemed to be on draft night? There were rumors that the Bulls were trying to trade up to get him and were trilled when he dropped to that spot. Now he's possibly being packaged with a malcontent for a rental?

I agree. First: if this is the trade is truly on the table then the Bulls should either ask for a conditional 1at rd pick this yr (I would take Top 15 protected) or a conditional 1st rd pick next year (this time only Top 10 protected). No need to give up two players with still potential for a rental. Add a pick or this deal should not even be considered. I'm not against trading either JJ or Thomas, but not for some mediocre center.

Now as for why this rumor has popped up, I think this is the Bulls tipping their hand. This could be a sign that the Bulls are willing to dangle Noah in a trade for a soon-to-be-FA like Bosh. As I think a Bosh/Haywood tandem in the front court would work better on the offensive/defensive then a tandem of Bosh/Noah. JMO.
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#40 » by Rerisen » Mon Feb 8, 2010 8:28 am

HomoSapien wrote:There's no reason that Haywood has to start. He may complain about his role, but let him. Noah's earned the right to be the starter.

He should get plenty of minutes with Tyrus gone anyway. It's not like we can't play him and Noah together against various teams.

And with Taj battling the same foot problems, and Miller really needing to be used sparingly, I don't see a reason for him to whine much about minutes.

Return to Chicago Bulls