Image ImageImage Image

Rumor about Tyrus

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

nba_addict
Sixth Man
And1: 7

Re: Rumor about Tyrus 

Post#61 » by nba_addict » Mon Feb 8, 2010 10:41 am

If the deal will include Mike Miller and Hinrich that woul be a wet dream.

PG - Rose / Benny the Bull
SG - Miller / Salmons
SF - Deng / Salmons
PF - Noah / Gibson
C - Haywood / Noah
logical_art
RealGM
And1: 3,671

Post#62 » by logical_art » Mon Feb 8, 2010 11:10 am

Has John been verified as legit?
logical_art
RealGM

Post#63 » by logical_art » Mon Feb 8, 2010 11:13 am

Mr Point
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#64 » by Mr Point » Mon Feb 8, 2010 11:20 am

logical_art wrote:Has John been verified as legit?

No, but guess who his agent is?

That guy.
tenritsu
Starter
And1: 44

Post#65 » by tenritsu » Mon Feb 8, 2010 11:31 am

John had another trade rumor a few days ago, and the mods seemed to act as if he was legit. Therefore, I believe so.
DuckIII wrote:Its getting hard to not be hard.

Awww yea.
jax98
RealGM
And1: 3,013

Post#66 » by jax98 » Mon Feb 8, 2010 11:47 am

If true, I'll gladly take it.

Haywood is a guy who is can match most people physically, and pairing him with Noah could go a long way during a long season. Haywood is currently averaging 33 minutes. By far a career-high. He's usually playing just over a half a game. I mention this because that'd fit in beautifully if we get Bosh. You could effectively play Bosh, Noah and Haywood as your three big rotation, and you'd be set. All three can get on the glass, two of them are good defenders and all of them can score points off putbacks.

And yes. I say all this fully realising that Haywood is a FA after this season. But if Chicago 'only' acquires one big FA, they would have enough money to keep Haywood assuming they trade Kirk.
BullsFan123
Banned User

Post#67 » by BullsFan123 » Mon Feb 8, 2010 11:53 am

tenritsu wrote:

John had another trade rumor a few days ago, and the mods seemed to act as if he was legit. Therefore, I believe so.

That is correct, he did have that Salmons for Reddick rumor but nothing came to fruition yet. Link:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=982656

Also, I remember last year that JOHN's "source in Saloniki" basically told him that Amare to the Bulls is a done deal (which obviously didn't happen).

So, I am skeptical of all these rumors. I do believe that he has "sources" that are involved with basketball in Europe, but I would take these rumors with a grain of salt until one actually proves to be real. They probably just tell him all of the Bulls rumors whether they have a 1% chance or 99% of getting done.

Don't get me wrong JOHN, I do appreciate hearing about these rumors and keep them coming.
JOHN
General Manager
And1: 90

Post#68 » by JOHN » Mon Feb 8, 2010 11:58 am

BullsFan123 wrote:
tenritsu wrote:

That is correct, he did have that Salmons for Reddick rumor but nothing came to fruition yet. Link:

Also, I remember last year that JOHN's "source in Saloniki" basically told him that Amare to the Bulls is a done deal (which obviously didn't happen).

So, I am skeptical of all these rumors. I do believe that he has "sources" that are involved with basketball in Europe, but I would take these rumors with a grain of salt until one actually proves to be real. They probably just tell him all of the Bulls rumors whether they have a 1% chance or 99% of getting done.

Don't get me wrong JOHN, I do appreciate hearing about these rumors and keep them coming.

That was one of Scott Skiles good friends in Thessaloniki.The guy heard that the Bucks were offering Ridnour,Elson and the 10th pick for Hinrich.
Remember remember the 1st of April.......
BullsFan123
Banned User

Post#69 » by BullsFan123 » Mon Feb 8, 2010 12:15 pm

JOHN wrote:
BullsFan123 wrote:
tenritsu wrote:John had another trade rumor a few days ago, and the mods seemed to act as if he was legit. Therefore, I believe so.

That was one of Scott Skiles good friends in Thessaloniki.The guy heard that the Bucks were offering Ridnour,Elson and the 10th pick for Hinrich.

My mistake. Can we still take that deal? :D
Tommy Udo 6
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 28

Post#70 » by Tommy Udo 6 » Mon Feb 8, 2010 12:16 pm

JOHN wrote:Latest info I got is that Brendan Haywood has been informed that he could be going to Chicago for Tyrus Thomas and James Johnson.This comes from a player my guy represents here in Europe and is close to Brendan.

if it sounds too good to be true.......

you mean Paxson will be able to deal his 2 biggest draft busts in the same deal???

Then again, we do have Richard, so we can do a 2 fer 1

Yet, none of John's sources have ever resulted in an actual deal yet.
The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.
- -- Chinese proverb
t-time
RealGM
And1: 1,794

Post#71 » by t-time » Mon Feb 8, 2010 12:18 pm

Stupid trade. This team is going nowhere and Haywood hardly makes a difference. Use JJ to hopefully ditch Hinrich or Salmons... either way we are getting bashed in the first round of the playoffs.
jax98
RealGM
And1: 3,013

Post#72 » by jax98 » Mon Feb 8, 2010 12:22 pm

t-time wrote:Stupid trade. This team is going nowhere and Haywood hardly makes a difference. Use JJ to hopefully ditch Hinrich or Salmons... either way we are getting bashed in the first round of the playoffs.

I see Mr. Positivity has arrived...

;)
Tommy Udo 6
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#73 » by Tommy Udo 6 » Mon Feb 8, 2010 12:25 pm

tenritsu wrote:

We have no way of knowing if he is legit. he gave his sources & a discussion followed.

John apparently has sources that hear the gossip. I dont remember a John reported rumor ever happening - but someone can remind me if one did.

To the best of our knowledge, john is reporting rumors, not making them up.
- -- Chinese proverb
BullsFan123
Banned User

Post#74 » by BullsFan123 » Mon Feb 8, 2010 12:40 pm

Morten Jensen wrote:
t-time wrote:Stupid trade. This team is going nowhere and Haywood hardly makes a difference. Use JJ to hopefully ditch Hinrich or Salmons... either way we are getting bashed in the first round of the playoffs.

;)

I agree with t-time. We don't need this trade to happen. We need to ditch Hinrich, then Deng and Salmons is the last one I would get rid off.

I wouldn't give up on JJ, if we sign one or two big free agents then we are going to need players like Taj and JJ that make $1 - $2 million per; I think that if JJ gets into shape then he can contribute 10-15 minutes per game. Then again if it meant getting rid of Hinrich and Deng, then I would throw in JJ.

I just don't get giving up JJ so we can dump (an expiring) Tyrus, it doesn't make any sense. Haywood is a bum and we do not need him except for a short-term stop gap in case Noah misses a few weeks. But giving up JJ and Tyrus for that would just be bad business.

Also, Noah and Haywood cannot co-exist on the court, that would make up the worst offensive PF/C combo in NBA history.
t-time
RealGM
And1: 1,794

Post#75 » by t-time » Mon Feb 8, 2010 12:40 pm

Morten Jensen wrote:

;)

We are a bad team. Putting a bandaid on it seems pointless to me..
Clint Eastwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,083
Location: Taking my talents to South Beach (twice a day at times)

Post#76 » by Clint Eastwood » Mon Feb 8, 2010 12:43 pm

or maybe this three way
http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade.ph ... id=5438937

tyrus and johnson and our 1st to washington
haywood to portland
fernandez and outlaw to chicago
We have Martell Webster. He's called Kyle Korver here, and we shall love him and squeeze him and call him Ashton. -BrooklynBulls
logical_art
RealGM

Post#77 » by logical_art » Mon Feb 8, 2010 12:44 pm

Tommy Udo 6 wrote:
JOHN wrote:Latest info I got is that Brendan Haywood has been informed that he could be going to Chicago for Tyrus Thomas and James Johnson.This comes from a player my guy represents here in Europe and is close to Brendan.

you mean Paxson will be able to deal his 2 biggest draft busts in the same deal???

JJ is a bust based on half a season?
tenritsu
Starter
And1: 44

Post#78 » by tenritsu » Mon Feb 8, 2010 12:46 pm

t-time wrote:
Morten Jensen wrote:

;)

We are a bad team. Putting a bandaid on it seems pointless to me..

It's not just a bandaid though. The Tyrus Thomas experiment has run its course already. Haywood is an expiring. We need to shed TT anyways for our FA push this summer to work anyways. Haywood brings arguably more production than TT + we need another center if Noah is out for more than just the allstar break, which I fear will happen. The only downside is trading JJ, who I will save judgment on even though he has looked like utter crap.

If washington really wants a 1st round pick, if the 2010 draft is as deep as they say, I can see why the Bulls wouldn't wanna part with a pick.
DuckIII wrote:Its getting hard to not be hard.

Awww yea.
Mattchoo
Rookie
And1: 107

Post#79 » by Mattchoo » Mon Feb 8, 2010 12:48 pm

This deal is great!

Send out two players that add nothing to our team now in order to get back an expiring contract (saving about 1.8M in cap space next year), and the player we get back would be a backup PF/C that has started many parts of his career. Haywood would be an insurance policy for the remainder of the season if Noah doesn't recover from plantar fasciitis. He also is a big guy that can defend other teams heavy guys.

What is not to like OTHER THAN if there is a possible bigger deal out there where TT and/or JJ could be included in it? However, the Bulls should have done their homework by now and should know if teams that have players they covet are interested in either of those two players.
Tommy Udo 6
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#80 » by Tommy Udo 6 » Mon Feb 8, 2010 12:49 pm

logical_art wrote:
Tommy Udo 6 wrote:

JJ is a bust based on half a season?

yes - with all the injuries, he still cant make the floor??

something is seriously wrong with him.
- -- Chinese proverb

Return to Chicago Bulls