Image ImageImage Image

Rumor about Tyrus

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

dflaschberger
Analyst
And1: 0

Re: Rumor about Tyrus 

Post#81 » by dflaschberger » Mon Feb 8, 2010 1:06 pm

Count me in-I want to watch the bulls in the playoffs this year, and it cuts some $ for the summer. I'll take it.

Plus, could he be a sign and trade chip this summer? We send him and the rights to our pick for Bosh (better than nothing for BC)
yungal07
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#82 » by yungal07 » Mon Feb 8, 2010 1:20 pm

sdeezy wrote:As much as i like this trade, it could possibly make our offense even worse. With a frontcourt of Deng/Noah/Haywood, we'd be a terrific interior defensive team, beasts on the boards and give opposing frontcourts fits on the offensive glass. But we'd be travesty as far as spacing on offense is concerned. Not that Taj did much to help but oh well..i'll still take it

Would the Bulls want a package of Jamison and Haywood? Jamison would help the Bulls from a spacing perspective, and quite frankly, I don't want to send him to the Cavs.
Ben
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,850

Post#83 » by Ben » Mon Feb 8, 2010 1:21 pm

I would certainly do Tyrus for Haywood if we can't deal Tyrus as part of a package for someone better. The James Johnson part seems odd to me, b/c I think that it's very rare for a team to punt on a 1st round draft pick so quickly and thus admit that they were totally wrong to pick him. I'm not saying that I wouldn't include JJ if that were the only way to get Haywood, who could be very useful for us now and in the playoffs, but I'd be surprised if the Bulls were willing to deal him for an expiring. If they are, it must be b/c they think that Haywood is a really key piece for us and that Noah might miss a lot of time.
klemen4
Head Coach
And1: 1,927

Post#84 » by klemen4 » Mon Feb 8, 2010 1:36 pm

Basically is expiring for expiring...sure Thomas is 23 years young but team can get him in summer, same goes for Haywood who would not get more than mid level I think...over maybe in 7 mio range.

Haywood for Thomas is fair trade.

Chi gets a better player, solid defender...Was get younger player with potential
“The only important statistic is the final score.” — Bill Russell
chadrucf
RealGM
And1: 5,015

Post#85 » by chadrucf » Mon Feb 8, 2010 1:42 pm

I'm liking this as a great add for this year with all these injuries. Haywood would help us out a lot through the second half and playoffs with a big body for larger centres that have been a problem for Noah. I also like a Deng, Bosh, Noah, Haywood frontcourt as a championship contender.
Clocian
RealGM
And1: 2,579

Post#86 » by Clocian » Mon Feb 8, 2010 1:43 pm

ya, did we give up on including thomas for people like mcgrady and amare?
Damn I love Hip Hop!
JohnnyTapwater
Analyst
And1: 1,591

Post#87 » by JohnnyTapwater » Mon Feb 8, 2010 1:45 pm

Would love to get Mike Miller out of this somehow.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,671

Post#88 » by sco » Mon Feb 8, 2010 2:03 pm

This deal is good to me from a number of perspectives:

1) It gives us the flexibility to deal Miller as part of a bigger deal
2) It gives us the depth to try to get Noah and/or Taj healthy for playoffs
3) It gives us a few extra bucks next year to sign FA's
4) Tyrus seems to have no trade value, so if he's going in this deal, it was the best we can do

I am not sure if I am disappointed that the Bulls are trading JJ so soon or that I am disappointed that it doesn't bother me. He really seems to be lacking on both ends of the court. It is clear to me that he isn't a potential allstar.
:clap:
Clint Eastwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,083
Location: Taking my talents to South Beach (twice a day at times)

Post#89 » by Clint Eastwood » Mon Feb 8, 2010 2:06 pm

sco wrote:This deal is good to me from a number of perspectives:

4) Tyrus seems to have no trade value, so if he's going in this deal, it was the best we can do

I am not sure if I am disappointed that the Bulls are trading JJ so soon or that I am disappointed that it doesn't bother me. He really seems to be lacking on both ends of the court. It is clear to me that he isn't a potential allstar.

the flexibility to trade miller in another deal without crippling our front court depth is a spin i didnt think about. this trade makes great sense for us.
We have Martell Webster. He's called Kyle Korver here, and we shall love him and squeeze him and call him Ashton. -BrooklynBulls
6_Rings
RealGM
And1: 2,891

Post#90 » by 6_Rings » Mon Feb 8, 2010 2:17 pm

i have this feeling Tyrus gonna bust out after getting traded. i think he just needs a change of scenery. bad for us so we need to trade him/package for a serviceable and/or huge expiring so no regrets.
El Turco wrote:Nothing wrong with men shaking their ass while other men in tights jump on top of each other.
BG7
Senior

Post#91 » by BG7 » Mon Feb 8, 2010 2:27 pm

Tommy Udo 6 wrote:
JOHN wrote:Latest info I got is that Brendan Haywood has been informed that he could be going to Chicago for Tyrus Thomas and James Johnson.This comes from a player my guy represents here in Europe and is close to Brendan.

if it sounds too good to be true.......

you mean Paxson will be able to deal his 2 biggest draft busts in the same deal???

Then again, we do have Richard, so we can do a 2 fer 1

Yet, none of John's sources have ever resulted in an actual deal yet.

A while back I emailed Sam about the Butler for Hinrich deal and he said that never happened. What he did tell me is that they inquired on Haywood and the Wizards wanted Noah. Obvisiously they have lowered their price and seems like something their considering
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#92 » by ManualRam » Mon Feb 8, 2010 2:31 pm

6_Rings wrote:i have this feeling Tyrus gonna bust out after getting traded. i think he just needs a change of scenery. bad for us so we need to trade him/package for a serviceable and/or huge expiring so no regrets.

who cares if he does? fact is that hes sucked while hes been a bull and will likely continue to suck as a bull. i dont expect him to get a brain transplant in the meantime, so i dont expect him to break out anywhere. the only way he can even come close to breaking out is if he goes to a really bad team that has no depth at his position. he'll be able to put up decent numbers and his coach will have no choice but to play his dumbass.
RyGuy24
General Manager
And1: 107

Post#93 » by RyGuy24 » Mon Feb 8, 2010 2:31 pm

The one thing JOHN has sort of called was the Thabo pick. Like halfway before the season that we drafted him he said the Bulls had sent a scout (or the GM as well, I don't remember) to get a hard look at this kid named Thabo Sefolosha (who was relaitvely unknown at the time) and that they liked him.
R.I.P Red , Norm, Bullsmaniac, and pdenninggolden.
Mattchoo
Rookie
And1: 107

Post#94 » by Mattchoo » Mon Feb 8, 2010 2:34 pm

sco wrote:This deal is good to me from a number of perspectives:

I agree with everything you've stated here.

Get this deal done today Gar/Pax
Gray Poster
Bench Warmer
And1: 94

Post#95 » by Gray Poster » Mon Feb 8, 2010 2:36 pm

Complicated 4 way that would work but may not be done:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachi ... Id=ylm7uvp

we get Haywood and Butler
Cavs get Jamison
Rockets get Kirk . Tyrus and big Z
Wiz get McGrady
Bulls428
Junior

Post#96 » by Bulls428 » Mon Feb 8, 2010 2:37 pm

This is a great deal it allows Noah to get all the rest he needs to get healthy, then when he is ready to come back he starts at the 4. Tyrus is a joke I am surprised he has any value the sooner he is off the team the better it is for everyone.
Ben
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,850

Post#97 » by Ben » Mon Feb 8, 2010 2:40 pm

6_Rings wrote:i have this feeling Tyrus gonna bust out after getting traded. i think he just needs a change of scenery. bad for us so we need to trade him/package for a serviceable and/or huge expiring so no regrets.

If he does bust out after getting traded there's only so bad we can feel. It wasn't going to happen here, of that we can be pretty sure.
Clocian
RealGM
And1: 2,579

Post#98 » by Clocian » Mon Feb 8, 2010 2:42 pm

Gray Poster wrote:Complicated 4 way that would work but may not be done:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachi ... Id=ylm7uvp

we get Haywood and Butler
Cavs get Jamison
Rockets get Kirk . Tyrus and big Z
Wiz get McGrady

I dont think butler expires...
Damn I love Hip Hop!
BullsFan123
Banned User

Post#99 » by BullsFan123 » Mon Feb 8, 2010 2:49 pm

Ben B. wrote:

If he does bust out after getting traded there's only so bad we can feel. It wasn't going to happen here, of that we can be pretty sure.

If JR sells the team and we fire GarPaxPax and let Vinny go, then it still might happen here :)
BR0D1E86
RealGM
And1: 2,292

Post#100 » by BR0D1E86 » Mon Feb 8, 2010 3:13 pm

We are a bad team. Putting a bandaid on it seems pointless to me..

We’re an average team. That’s evidenced by our average winning %.

Return to Chicago Bulls