Image ImageImage Image

You've got $24M to spend and there's no Big 3. Who ya got ?

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

theagent
General Manager
And1: 508

Re: You've got $24M to spend and there's no Big 3. Who ya got ? 

Post#21 » by theagent » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:34 pm

This thread just proves how much the FA fiasco will end up messing this team over

sorry but if you have that much money left over why overpay players that will keep you in mediocrity? Some of you guys just don't get it.

Better hope the Bulls get either of Bosh or Amare. Then S&T your way in to JJ.
DanTown8587
RealGM
And1: 9,332

Post#22 » by DanTown8587 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:27 pm

5/41 for Ronnie Brewer
Three34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 123

Post#23 » by Three34 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:45 pm

We are all talking about the same 9.5 ppg with a torn hamstring Ronnie Brewer, aren't we?
DanTown8587
RealGM

Post#24 » by DanTown8587 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:48 pm

Sham wrote:We are all talking about the same 9.5 ppg with a torn hamstring Ronnie Brewer, aren't we?

.234% career three point shooting Ronnie Brewer.
MAQ
RealGM
And1: 2,889

Post#25 » by MAQ » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:49 pm

BrooklynBulls wrote:
Susan wrote:2. Ronnie Brewer at a deal starting at 7 mil over 5 years

A-ha-ha-ha-bsolutely not. What? Ronnie? Brewer? What?

Well, with Kirk on his way out shortly, we'll need someone else to be severely overpaid while also being slightly incompetent offensively next to Rose.
GYBE wrote:I don't think my behaviour changes at all when I'm drunk. But when I'm wasted, my girlfriend becomes a real klutz. She starts walking into doors and falling down stairs. Weird.
6_Rings
RealGM
And1: 2,891

Post#26 » by 6_Rings » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:49 pm

Lee and Ray Allen
El Turco wrote:Nothing wrong with men shaking their ass while other men in tights jump on top of each other.
MAQ
RealGM

Post#27 » by MAQ » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:53 pm

I also don't see how David Lee would be more attractive to anyone than Amare or Boozer. Go read the Knicks fans comments on him. With them not having an All Star in 10 years, you think they'd be singing his praises, but they aren't. It's the exact opposite in fact. And I get the feeling that they aren't just talking out of their ass when it comes to the description of his game.

Amare and Boozer are more offensively potent and Lee is just as sad defensively as those 2. They should easily be ahead of him on our depth chart.
GYBE wrote:I don't think my behaviour changes at all when I'm drunk. But when I'm wasted, my girlfriend becomes a real klutz. She starts walking into doors and falling down stairs. Weird.
MAQ
RealGM

Post#28 » by MAQ » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:55 pm

Susan wrote:5. Completely stay away from Joe Johnson at all costs

This too is kinda silly. My hypothetical isn't possible, but if you can get Johnson for 10-12 million per year, you do it.
Hold That
RealGM
And1: 754

Post#29 » by Hold That » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:58 pm

I'd pay Anhtony Morrow 7mil before I'd pay Ronnie Brewer.. This guy is a diamond in the rough. He's worked on his ballhandling scores at a very efficient rate. 45%FG and 46%3point percentage. Some how manages to average 13ppg with Curry,Monta,Watson and Maggette on his team. I don't see GSW bringing him back, after extending Watson and Monta's big contract..

This guy has one of the most purest strokes in the league.. Cheaper version of Ben Gordon, he can easily average 18ppg if given the opprotunity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijFqo0lH2Zk
DanTown8587
RealGM

Post#30 » by DanTown8587 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:00 pm

Amare starting at max for six years (ETO after 4, TO after 5)
Sign Mike Miller, 3 for 16 (5 million)
Sign Omer Asik 3/8

Rose/Miller/Deng/Amare/Noah
Hinrich, Gibson, #1, Johnson, Asik, Vet min big, Vet min PG, Prospect
Three34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 123

Post#31 » by Three34 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:10 pm

How much more opportunity to point up points and shoot threes can a man have than when in Golden State?
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,163

Post#32 » by League Circles » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:30 pm

1. Offer Amare Stoudemire a max deal. Or at least starting at the max. Maybe a flat contract starting at what the max is for him right now. So that would be like 5 years 85 mil.

2. Offer Carlos Boozer the max starting in year one, but with slight decreases over 5 years. Something like 5 years, 75-80 mil.

3. Offer Joe Johnson the max for year one with decreases, just like Boozer.

4. Offer TMac a deal starting at 8 mil for 3 years.

5. Go shopping for big trades. Consider guys like Elton Brand, Gilbert Arenas, etc. but only if we get draft picks in addition to taking them on for nothing. Something like Brand and one or two #1 picks for a second rounder. Brand is a generic example, I wouldn't actually really want him.

I'd also try to get a Przybilla or Camby and another 2 guard who can shoot.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
Hold That
RealGM
And1: 754

Post#33 » by Hold That » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:31 pm

Sham wrote:How much more opportunity to point up points and shoot threes can a man have than when in Golden State?

Monta Ellis went down at the start of feb. Morrow is averaging 18ppg 3ast and 3reb on 44%FG% and 46% from the 3 in the month of Feb. I dont think it's ironic that Currys stats went through the roof once Morrow got more of an opprotunity with Monta out.

Once Monta returns he wont get that much of an opprotunity again. There wont be a cheaper more ideal backcourt mate for Derrick Rose in the FA market. People can say what they want about GSW system,but the fact remains that a system will not give you a shooting stroke like that. He makes the most out of his open looks.
glowsticks
Starter
And1: 11

Post#34 » by glowsticks » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:39 pm

Can Joe Johnson play the 3? If so, straight up Hawks S&T Joe Johnson for Deng. Offer Boozer/Amare whatever $ (probably the max, even though they don't deserve it)
I assume our number one pick will be a swingman since the draft is jammed with them this year (Anderson perhaps?)
Rose/Kirk
Kirk/#1 Pick/JoeJ
JoeJ/JamesJ/#1 pick
Boozer or Amare/ Taj
Noah/Taj/hopefully Miller

Potentially solid bench

This would work better if our #1 pick or JamesJ do good next year, so we can give more minutes at the 2 to JoeJ
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,333

Post#35 » by coldfish » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:39 pm

IMO, you sit down with Boozer, Lee and Amare and see who is willing to take the most reasonable contract, immediately, between the three of them. Next, you sit down with Ray Allen, Morrow and maybe call Portland about Fernandez and see who you can get the most reasonable deal for. Then you use the rest of the money for quality back ups, including Asik and a 2/3 or 3/4 who can shoot.

Rose / Kirk
Allen, Morrow or Fernandez / Kirk
Deng / FA
Lee, Boozer or Amare / Taj
Noah / Asik

That team is a lot better than the current version. How far it can go is dependent on how good Rose gets.
MAQ
RealGM

Post#36 » by MAQ » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:41 pm

coldfish wrote:IMO, you sit down with Boozer, Lee and Amare and see who is willing to take the most reasonable contract, immediately, between the three of them. Next, you sit down with Ray Allen, Morrow and maybe call Portland about Fernandez and see who you can get the most reasonable deal for.

The more you dick around the less likely it is good things will happen though. Sitting down with those 6 players would just take too long. We need to have our ear to the ground right now through the playoffs about who is willing to take the most reasonable contract so that once FA does start, we know what's going on. I guess it's not feasible for it to happen right now, but trying to do it once the FA period starts leaves me to believe that we simply won't have enough time to do that.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,436

Post#37 » by Susan » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:42 pm

BrooklynBulls wrote:

Ronnie Brewer posted PERs of 15.2, 18.4 and 16.1 in his first 3 seasons. His TS% over that period was .566, .612 and .565 and he's going to be in his prime during the course of the next 5 years. He's not a super high scorer or anything but the dude is going to outproduce Joe Johnson over the course of the next 5 years. That's all without having any semblance of a 3 point shot.
MAQ
RealGM

Post#38 » by MAQ » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:45 pm

Joe Johnson MUST be the most underrated player in the NBA on this board.
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,333

Post#39 » by coldfish » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:45 pm

MAQ wrote:
coldfish wrote:IMO, you sit down with Boozer, Lee and Amare and see who is willing to take the most reasonable contract, immediately, between the three of them. Next, you sit down with Ray Allen, Morrow and maybe call Portland about Fernandez and see who you can get the most reasonable deal for.

The more you dick around the less likely it is good things will happen though. Sitting down with those 6 players would just take too long. We need to have our ear to the ground right now through the playoffs about who is willing to take the most reasonable contract so that once FA does start, we know what's going on. I guess it's not feasible for it to happen right now, but trying to do it once the FA period starts leaves me to believe that we simply won't have enough time to do that.

A while ago, it came out that Miami plans on signing the first guy that agrees with them. IMO, you have to move ultra quick and basically give all three a take or leave it offer that's reasonable for Chicago. Whichever takes it first or gives the most reasonable counter offer is a Bull.

I completely agree that trying to carry on a 3 way back and forth negotiation would be a huge mistake.
BrooklynBulls
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,652

Post#40 » by BrooklynBulls » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:46 pm

Susan wrote:
BrooklynBulls wrote:

Ronnie Brewer posted PERs of 15.2, 18.4 and 16.1 in his first 3 seasons. His TS% over that period was .566, .612 and .565 and he's going to be in his prime during the course of the next 5 years. He's not a super high scorer or anything but the dude is going to outproduce Joe Johnson over the course of the next 5 years. That's all without having any semblance of a 3 point shot.

Situation...matters. Ronnie Brewer was born to play for that backcutting, spaced, great-passing Utah system. He generates NONE of his own offense. When he's not assisted, it's because he's gotten a steal and is going up for a dunk on the other end. He's not a bad player, but he's a hilariously awful fit on a team starting Rose, Deng, Noah. Won't work. He won't outproduce Joe Johnson, not here.

Return to Chicago Bulls