Image ImageImage Image

You've got $24M to spend and there's no Big 3. Who ya got ?

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

DanChee33
Junior
And1: 26

Re: You've got $24M to spend and there's no Big 3. Who ya got ? 

Post#81 » by DanChee33 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:33 pm

dafunky1 wrote:Nope, dont trade Noah, you wanna trade Kirk, Taj and a pick to LA for Bynum.My plan is kinda close to yours.I say keep Noah because with Bynum at c and Noah at pf, you have your interior defense, and a big frontcourt,young, and still a boatload of money left

Problem is Lakers will never trade Bynum for the package you try to sell them. Noah and Kirk for Bynum is a longshot, but at least has a small chance if they dont win this season, and they feel Bynum and Gasol dont fit well.

Bynum and Frye seem to me a better fit with eachother and also the other players (especially Deng and Rose) than Noah.
Time has come...
dafunky1
Lead Assistant
And1: 258

Post#82 » by dafunky1 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:43 pm

Why wouldnt the lakers want Hinirich?? In your senerio, if the Lakers dont win the chip, they would want to fill their weakness.........pg. With the Lakers gettin Kirk ,Taj and pick, they get better and younger.Throw another pick if you want.I just think that you dont have to have the big free agent to become a contender.Fwiw,if push comes to shove,I would reluctanly give up Noah and Kirk for Bynum,but thats all they would get.
EastBayFJ
Head Coach
And1: 295

Post#83 » by EastBayFJ » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:25 pm

The additional benefit of Mike Miller compared to other SG /wing options is that you can play him at the 2 and 3 and he gives you another ball handler who can create passing plays if you want to play Derrick off the ball some

If you had a core guard attack of Rose, Hinrich and Miller - all can handle and create and you have long range capacity in Miller and Hinrich backed up by a volume threat in Korver at back up 3

Bear in mind ...Derrick is also talking about adding a 3 shot to his game in the offseason - and he will - when you take into account his mid range game that has been money most of the season . And Lu has also taken steps to developing in this aspect of his offense

When you have the athleticism that this team has - one of the best rebounding front courts coupled with the spacing that the 3 pointers bring and the amount of guys that can make passing plays WITH the speed that this team can play at PLUS the maintenance of our defensive core .......Lee and Miller and Korver aren't the convenient "label" like Amare, Boozer and Johnson but we're a better team

Its important to consider that part of the reason Ben Gordon was shipped was so that Derrick could be Derrick . Derrick is our #1 guy . I believe GarPaxDorf will get guys that fit around Derrick and where there is no confusion or prima donna shyte about faux fading pseudo super stars -which is what you'll get with the damaged goods types that are Amare and Boozer

This is why Lee and his age and all the other fit elements which include deference are why he should be the primary guy if the Big 3 are out of the way ...and over and above the little 3 ( Amare, Boozer and Johnson )
"GarPax played Grab Ass with Mirotic for 5 years and been in Omaha playing Hide the Salami with Doug McBuckets for the 1.5 years and they've developed feelings for him. Well, I say "F feelings and F loyalty!" I want CHIPS! Jerry Krizause
BrooklynBulls
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,652

Post#84 » by BrooklynBulls » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:30 pm

^^^^
2nd unit:

Hinrich
Korver
Miller
Lee
B. Miller

:uhoh:
EastBayFJ
Head Coach

Post#85 » by EastBayFJ » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:32 pm

This team " as is" will end up a 46 win team and a legit 2nd round threat

My questions for the board are :

Does the addition of Lee, Mike Miller and Korver by themselvesmake us a 50 win team ?

Does the addition of Lee, Mike Miller and Korver in the context of fit and allowing greater scope of effectiveness re Rose and Deng take us to a 55 win team ?

At a 55 win win team we're top 3 in the East and legitimately competing for Eastern Conference Championships ....and assuming the Cavs and Magic still still...... I reckon we've got the Cavs covered better than the Magic whom I would see as our biggest road block in coming out of the East
"GarPax played Grab Ass with Mirotic for 5 years and been in Omaha playing Hide the Salami with Doug McBuckets for the 1.5 years and they've developed feelings for him. Well, I say "F feelings and F loyalty!" I want CHIPS! Jerry Krizause
EastBayFJ
Head Coach

Post#86 » by EastBayFJ » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:32 pm

This team " as is" will end up a 46 win team and a legit 2nd round threat

My questions for the board are :

Does the addition of Lee, Mike Miller and Korver by themselves make us a 50 win team ?

Does the addition of Lee, Mike Miller and Korver in the context of fit and allowing greater scope of effectiveness re Rose and Deng take us to a 55 win team ?

At a 55 win win team we're top 3 in the East and legitimately competing for Eastern Conference Championships ....and assuming the Cavs and Magic still still...... I reckon we've got the Cavs covered better than the Magic whom I would see as our biggest road block in coming out of the East
MAQ
RealGM
And1: 2,889

Post#87 » by MAQ » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:33 pm

BrooklynBulls wrote:^^^^
2nd unit:

Hinrich
Korver
Miller
Lee
B. Miller

I was wondering what was wrong. Then I pictued that team on the floor. :lol:
GYBE wrote:I don't think my behaviour changes at all when I'm drunk. But when I'm wasted, my girlfriend becomes a real klutz. She starts walking into doors and falling down stairs. Weird.
pduh01
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,562

Post#88 » by pduh01 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:35 pm

After the strike out with the big three I would target Amare hard but at first my first initial offer to him will be a 12 million deal for 5 years with a team option that will be my first initial offer then you go from there.

Other Power forwards who are free agents this summer I would target for plan C if plan B doesn't work out.

David Lee------My first initial offer will be 9 millions deal/yr.

Carlos Boozer------My first initial offer will be 10 million deal/yr

I will not push hard that much because he will not leave Dallas but I will talk Dirk Nowitzki if he wants to come here and see if things can work out. I only will do that if other PFs I mention above do not want to come here.

Of course if all those PFs don't want to come here then I go with the alternative plan which I will discuss about this "alternative power forward plan" in a different thread for another day whenever that is.

Now I talk about the PF situation on the market I will target other players:

Rudy Gay--------------Ok I have debate that I wouldn't mind taking Gay if we traded Deng but now say strike out above and the big three I would target Rudy Gay as my new #1 priority. My first initial offer will be 10 million/yr and go from there.

Joe Johnson---------My first initial offer will be 9 or 10 millions/yr with a team option I will try to shorten the years if possible say three years offer with a team option I know it's unlikely he'll take it.

Ray Allen----------I will only target him if we can get a elite/all star PF like Chris Bosh/Amare/or even Boozer and of course if I can't get Joe Johnson but I will only offer him 7 million for 3 seasons.

The other players I would target the players rather the above don't come or not:

Anthony Morrow, Kyle Korver, Mike Miller, Eddie House, Manu Ginobili, Roger Mason Jr, Aleksandar Pavlovic, Brian Skinner, Brad Miller(resign him for the vet min.), Brian Cook, Luis Scola, Ime Udoka, Desmond Mason, Flip Murray(resign but for a back up and vet min.), Luther Head, Acie Law(resign him.), Travis Outlaw, Rasual Butler, Rasho Nesterovic(If can't resign Brad Miller.), Amir Johnson. Anthony Johnson(vet min.), Fabricio Oberto(only for one season.), Theo Ratiff(Only for one season vet min.), Kurt Thomas(Vet Min.).
Check out my blogs
http://nbaanalytical.blogspot.com/ <-------NBA Analytical

Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/phillip93
EastBayFJ
Head Coach

Post#89 » by EastBayFJ » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:39 pm

2nd unit:

Hinrich
Korver
Miller
Lee
B. Miller

So I am assuming you are only advocating an 8 man rotation ?

And why would you pair Brad Miller and David Lee ? Korver and Mike Miller

Anyone can manipulate anything they want with something in a vacuum and make some not even half smart :uh oh: reference without having the balls to make a basketball related argument to their point
MAQ
RealGM
And1: 2,889

Post#90 » by MAQ » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:40 pm

EastBayFJ wrote:
2nd unit:

Hinrich
Korver
Miller
Lee
B. Miller

So I am assuming you are only advocating an 8 man rotation ?

And why would you pair Brad Miller and David Lee ? Korver and Mike Miller

Anyone can manipulate anything they want with something in a vacuum and make some not even half smart :uh oh" reference without having the balls to make a basketball related argument to their point

If I know my BrooklynBulls like I think I know my BrooklynBulls...that comment was all in fun.
GYBE wrote:I don't think my behaviour changes at all when I'm drunk. But when I'm wasted, my girlfriend becomes a real klutz. She starts walking into doors and falling down stairs. Weird.
EastBayFJ
Head Coach

Post#91 » by EastBayFJ » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:44 pm

Hey I've been on this board for 9 years and was one of the first moderators of this forum until the majority of you arrived...I know BB's posting style as well and well know when guys are A Holes or are just plain taking the piss

BB is not an A Hole - he' just taking the piss on this one and I merely asked him to make his point if we disagreed or had some strong objection as to the reasons why these additions wouldn't make this team better and against the background of deferential fits, I believe , GarPaxdorf will be looking for given that its all about Derrick
transplant
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Post#92 » by transplant » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:47 pm

pduh01 wrote:After the strike out with the big three I would target Amare hard but at first my first initial offer to him will be a 12 million deal for 5 years with a team option that will be my first initial offer then you go from there.

Other Power forwards who are free agents this summer I would target for plan C if plan B doesn't work out.

David Lee------My first initial offer will be 9 millions deal/yr.

Carlos Boozer------My first initial offer will be 10 million deal/yr

I will not push hard that much because he will not leave Dallas but I will talk Dirk Nowitzki if he wants to come here and see if things can work out. I only will do that if other PFs I mention above do not want to come here.

Of course if all those PFs don't want to come here then I go with the alternative plan which I will discuss about this "alternative power forward plan" in a different thread for another day whenever that is.

Now I talk about the PF situation on the market I will target other players:

Rudy Gay--------------Ok I have debate that I wouldn't mind taking Gay if we traded Deng but now say strike out above and the big three I would target Rudy Gay as my new #1 priority. My first initial offer will be 10 million/yr and go from there.

Joe Johnson---------My first initial offer will be 9 or 10 millions/yr with a team option I will try to shorten the years if possible say three years offer with a team option I know it's unlikely he'll take it.

Ray Allen----------I will only target him if we can get a elite/all star PF like Chris Bosh/Amare/or even Boozer and of course if I can't get Joe Johnson but I will only offer him 7 million for 3 seasons.

The other players I would target the players rather the above don't come or not:

Anthony Morrow, Kyle Korver, Mike Miller, Eddie House, Manu Ginobili, Roger Mason Jr, Aleksandar Pavlovic, Brian Skinner, Brad Miller(resign him for the vet min.), Brian Cook, Luis Scola, Ime Udoka, Desmond Mason, Flip Murray(resign but for a back up and vet min.), Luther Head, Acie Law(resign him.), Travis Outlaw, Rasual Butler, Rasho Nesterovic(If can't resign Brad Miller.), Amir Johnson. Anthony Johnson(vet min.), Fabricio Oberto(only for one season.), Theo Ratiff(Only for one season vet min.), Kurt Thomas(Vet Min.).

Those are great deals...for the Bulls. None of them would be accepted. I'm completely with you if you agree that these offers are either accepted or we move on to the next.
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

- Blatantly stolen from truebluefan
DJhitek
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,354

Post#93 » by DJhitek » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:52 pm

I'd go after David Lee but not getting a stud like Bosh or Wade would be exactly what the Pistons did last year. Unimpressive and disappointing.

If we can't get next level guys than maxing out our money compared to talent has to be the biggest goal and anything else would be a failure IMO.
BrooklynBulls
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#94 » by BrooklynBulls » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:54 pm

EastBayFJ wrote:Hey I've been on this board for 9 years and was one of the first moderators of this forum until the majority of you arrived...I know BB's posting style as well and well know when guys are A Holes or are just plain taking the piss

BB is not an A Hole - he' just taking the piss on this one and I merely asked him to make his point if we disagreed or had some strong objection as to the reasons why these additions wouldn't make this team better and against the background of deferential fits, I believe , GarPaxdorf will be looking for given that its all about Derrick

Thank you for agreeing that I am not an A Hole. You're all white in my book. RIGHT. I MEAN RIGHT.
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,300

Post#95 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:54 pm

2nd unit:

Hinrich
Korver
Miller
Lee
B. Miller

KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
WAYSA
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#96 » by WAYSA » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:59 pm

David Lee is the most overrated player on this board. I don't get it. Never will.

He is a horrible defender who refuses to box out his man.

If you really want this guy - I suggest you take a look at what Gasol/Randolph did to this soft bum the other night. Both Z-Bo + Randolph literally waited under the net for offensive boards - Lee refused to get physical and box them out. I believe Randolph finished with 10 offensive boards. That is pathetic and it is very consistent with how Lee plays. He is a garbage man offensively who doesn't play defense.

He is not worth near the numbers people are throwing out. Noah/Lee would be a horrible front court offensively.
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,300

Post#97 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:59 pm

BrooklynBulls wrote:I'd probably see if I can sign Lee and Morrow using all the capspace.

Rose/Hinrich
Morrow/Hinrich
Deng/Morrow/JJ
Lee/Gibson
Noah/Lee

And a draft pick somewhere in there, Asik if we can afford him, and Brad if he resigns for the min or with remaining space. It doesn't look bad to me. It looks like we've got a 50 game winner with potential for much more.

This, but maybe switch Lee with Boozer.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
BrooklynBulls
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#98 » by BrooklynBulls » Mon Mar 1, 2010 12:00 am

I'm for Boozer, I don't believe Paxson will be, though.
dafunky1
Lead Assistant
And1: 258

Post#99 » by dafunky1 » Mon Mar 1, 2010 12:06 am

I would go hard after Bynum.I even if you have to give up Noah.I dont like the ideal of trading Noah, but I think Omer Asik can fill in with Bynum at c.I like any of Mike Miller/Kyle Korver/Ronnie Brewer/Morrow.

Pf/Taj/2010 1st round pick
c-Bynum
sf- Deng
pg-Rose
sg-Morrow./Miller/Korver/Brewer

That starting 5 is still solid
EastBayFJ
Head Coach

Post#100 » by EastBayFJ » Mon Mar 1, 2010 12:06 am

BrooklynBulls wrote:
EastBayFJ wrote:Hey I've been on this board for 9 years and was one of the first moderators of this forum until the majority of you arrived...I know BB's posting style as well and well know when guys are A Holes or are just plain taking the piss

Thank you for agreeing that I am not an A Hole. You're all white in my book. RIGHT. I MEAN RIGHT.

Hey we could always "C Thomas Howell" Kyle Korver

Return to Chicago Bulls