Image Image Image Image

White Sox June Thread

SportsWorld
RealGM
And1: 133

White Sox June Thread 

Post#1 » by SportsWorld » Sun Jun 8, 2008 2:02 am

I want to have a thread where we can discuss games for the month of June.

Upcoming series:
2 vs Minnesota
3 @ Detroit
3 vs Colorado
3 vs Pittsburgh
3 @ Chicago Cubs
3 @ Los Angeles Dodgers
3 vs Chicago Cubs
3 vs Cleveland
Shootdabull
Veteran
And1: 138

Re: White Sox June Thread 

Post#2 » by Shootdabull » Mon Jun 9, 2008 9:40 pm

SportsWorld wrote:I want to have a thread where we can discuss games for the month of June.

Upcoming series:
2 vs Minnesota 1-1 Minny bounces back to take one
3 @ Detroit 2-1 We take advantage of a tigers team not playing well
3 vs Colorado 3-0 What the difference a year make
3 vs Pittsburgh 2-1 Pirates are playing well, but we are at home
3 @ Chicago Cubs 1-2 Cubs are looking good
3 @ Los Angeles Dodgers 1-2 Dodger are tough at home
3 vs Chicago Cubs 2-1 split the series with the cubs
3 vs Cleveland
2-1 put some distance on the tribe

The schedule for june looks pretty favorable based on the way teams are currently playing. Lots of home games should help the cause. Personally I would like to see the cubs & sox split as I have hopes both will make the playoffs this year. I think the dodger series is going to be a tough one for us being on the road and all the attention the cubs series will bring. I would like to see us put some ground on cle & det as both those teams are under performing so far, but I expect at least one of them to make a run.
SportsWorld
RealGM
And1: 133

Post#3 » by SportsWorld » Mon Jun 9, 2008 9:48 pm

Amazing. The Cubs and White Sox are a combined 15-0 in their last 15 home games.
Shootdabull
Veteran

Post#4 » by Shootdabull » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:15 pm

The way we run so hot and cold I am having trouble trying to figure this team out. We look great for seven games and then not so good the next six. I thought the last two series were winnable. maybe we can get it going against the pirates.
nitetrain8603
RealGM
And1: 1,701

Post#5 » by nitetrain8603 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:34 pm

I think we are like the '05 Angels. We might make the playoffs and win a series, but we won't make it to the big show. Too many guys are inconsistent or are just flat out stinking. Konerko is injured and sucking. Swisher is a huge dissapointment. Thome hasn't been able to get anything going. Cabrera barely began to hit in the beginning of the month. I personally wouldn't mind benching one of Thome/Swisher/Konerko and starting Brian Anderson in CF. Quentin also, unfortunately, has been slumping.
G I N T
Bench Warmer
And1: 202

Post#6 » by G I N T » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:21 pm

Losing 2 out of 3 at home to Colorado was unexpected, but at least they had a big lead coming into the series. 4.5 games up isn't bad.
Shootdabull
Veteran

Post#7 » by Shootdabull » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:10 pm

G I N T wrote:Losing 2 out of 3 at home to Colorado was unexpected, but at least they had a big lead coming into the series. 4.5 games up isn't bad.

A 4.5 game lead is great. I thought at the beginning of the year we would be chasing the tigers & indians. Now that we are in first I'm getting greedy. I want to us make it into the playoffs. The hitting has me stumped. I thought we would be able to hit but we are very hot & cold. We need more games like yesterdays against the pirates.
G I N T
Bench Warmer

Post#8 » by G I N T » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:20 pm

Nice to see the offense out of the slump. Granted, this is Pittsburgh, but much better than what we saw against Detroit and Colorado.
G I N T
Bench Warmer

Post#9 » by G I N T » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:21 pm

Imo, Swisher's late tear as been the key.

This has been done with Konerko on the DL too. Hopefully he'll be healthy when he returns.
G I N T
Bench Warmer

Post#10 » by G I N T » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:20 pm

Couldn't have played that series any worse. They didn't have a chance to win the last two games, but the first one was theirs.

Cabrera's "foul ball" was questionable, and if it was fair, the umps robbed the Sox of a win.

Dotel was just awful.
Shootdabull
Veteran

Post#11 » by Shootdabull » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:21 pm

G I N T wrote:Couldn't have played that series any worse. They didn't have a chance to win the last two games, but the first one was theirs.

Cabrera's "foul ball" was questionable, and if it was fair, the umps robbed the Sox of a win.

Dotel was just awful.

Yea I was hoping for at worst 1-2. The cubs just out played us. They are playing great at home. Hopefully we can regroup against the dodgers, they have been under performing this season. Our lead has really shrunk we need a win tonight.
G I N T
Bench Warmer

Post#12 » by G I N T » Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:53 am

Couldn't see the Sox losing this one after what happened a week ago. Nice to see their offense light up one of the best starters in the league.

What sucks is that MInnesota isn't losing right now. 9 straight wins for them, so it's still a 0.5 game lead.
Shootdabull
Veteran

Post#13 » by Shootdabull » Tue Jul 1, 2008 2:47 pm

G I N T wrote:Couldn't see the Sox losing this one after what happened a week ago. Nice to see their offense light up one of the best starters in the league.

What sucks is that MInnesota isn't losing right now. 9 straight wins for them, so it's still a 0.5 game lead.

We have a nice little winning streak going now. Let's keep taking care of the tribe. Nick is making up for is awful slump with a vengence. This team really runs hot and cold. The twins are keeping the pressure on, but the team that scares me more is the tigers. There pitching has come around the three or weeks and they are making up ground. Go Danks!!

Sports World are you planning on a July thread?

Return to Chicago White Sox