Image Image Image Image

Peavy Thought He Would Be Dealt To Cubs

zilby
RealGM
And1: 38,871

Peavy Thought He Would Be Dealt To Cubs 

Post#1 » by zilby » Sun Aug 2, 2009 11:38 pm

Jake Peavy admitted Sunday that if he was traded to a team in Chicago, he thought it would be the Cubs.

"This winter, I certainly thought I was headed across town," Peavy said during an interview on ESPN 1000's Chicago GameDay. "I think we got pretty close and [I] was excited about that, simply because I love the city of Chicago. I know a bunch of guys on the Cubs and like what they have built over there and [how I] was going to become part of that."

On Friday, the Padres traded Peavy, who has a no-trade clause, to the White Sox for the second time this year. Soon after, he agreed to the move.

"Things all happen for a reason and like I said, I couldn't be happier today to be putting on a White Sox uniform and be here with these guys," Peavy said.

Peavy threw 50 pitches off the mound in a side session on Sunday, noting it was the first time he has thrown off a mound in six weeks.

"It's always an adjustment period," Peavy said. "It's tough to get that feel back throwing off a slope. But it's kind of like riding a bike. It will be back after a few more side sessions, hopefully, [and] get better each time out and [I'll] be able to get in a game and get some innings under my belt here soon."

http://baseball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ ... _for_cubs/
Hawaiian pizza is good.

Return to Chicago White Sox