Image Image Image Image

Time to break the curse of the A's

Shootdabull
Veteran
And1: 138

Time to break the curse of the A's 

Post#1 » by Shootdabull » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:07 pm

I was just looking at the standings we are 2 1/2 back and the A's are last. What a good time to take a series from them. The 36 games in oakland we have only 8 victories to show for it. We need to start winning series and this is a good place to start. The first one is going to be tough. Contreras has been bad as of late and anderson shut us last time. Getz was just put on the DL and it will be Lillibridge to the rescue. With the good news on the Peavy outing, I'm thinking the good news will continue this weekend. Dispite past failures I think we going to have a good series this time around.
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Re: Time to break the curse of the A's 

Post#2 » by TNBT » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:26 pm

I don't know enough about baseball to start predicting games, but I agree that we need to start putting some wins together if we are going to catch Detroit. Also, what's wrong with Getz?
SportsWorld
RealGM
And1: 133

Post#3 » by SportsWorld » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:44 pm

The Next Big Thing wrote:I don't know enough about baseball to start predicting games, but I agree that we need to start putting some wins together if we are going to catch Detroit. Also, what's wrong with Getz?

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribu ... ridge.html
OAKLAND - The White Sox placed infielder Chris Getz on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to Wednesday, because of an oblique strain and recalled infielder Brent Lillibridge from Triple-A Charlotte.

Getz, 25, is hitting .267 with 18 stolen bases in 89 games. Getz suffered the injury on August 11 at Seattle. Lillibridge, 25, was batting .252 in 67 games with Charlotte.

Geovany Soto of the Cubs had a oblique strain before the All Star Break and was out for about a month.
Shootdabull
Veteran
And1: 138

Post#4 » by Shootdabull » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:06 pm

Well two out of three ain't bad -especially in oakland. We need to knock off KC as the schedule is going to get tougher very soon. Hopefully on Tuesday Freddie will pitch well enough to knock Jose out of the line up when Peavy arives. Jose needs rest or something. We can't afford to keep having him get bombed every time out. Two and half back - over half way through august time to knock off the bottom dwelers as then the road gets tough.

Return to Chicago White Sox