Image Image Image Image

Teahen in Getz & Fields out Dye Denied

Shootdabull
Veteran
And1: 138

Teahen in Getz & Fields out Dye Denied 

Post#1 » by Shootdabull » Fri Nov 6, 2009 7:58 pm

Well the Sox are making moves.

In at third will be Mark Teahen with his .260-.270 and a dozen home runs. I'm not sure why we went after him but hopefully Kenny knows what he is doing.

Out the former third baseman of the future Josh Fields. Never lived up to the hype maybe he will find his bat in KC.

Out is Getz who had a decent year at second and I suspect he will be better next year

Sox decline to pick up the option on Dye. Who will join Pods & Castro on the free agent list. I wonder if we will try and sign him at a cheaper price or look in another direction.
Pax for Prez
Starter
And1: 375

Re: Teahen in Getz & Fields out Dye Denied 

Post#2 » by Pax for Prez » Sat Nov 7, 2009 2:15 am

I like our infield better now. I was a little concerned about Getz. I think Teahen numbers will improve at the cell and I believe our defense is better as well.

I hope we can add some speed in the outfield and another big bat at the DH.
Shootdabull
Veteran
And1: 138

Re: Teahen in Getz & Fields out Dye Denied 

Post#3 » by Shootdabull » Mon Nov 9, 2009 5:10 pm

I'm surprised they are moving Beckham instead of Alexei. Now beckham needs to learn anouther position where as a move to short would put him at his natural position and I thought Alexei played a decent second. I hope all this moving around doesn't hurt his progress.

I don't much about Teahen fielding at third but a back injury last year could be a little scary. I still remember all the problems crede had with back issues.

I will be interesting to see how Kenny replaces the sluggers Dye & Thome.

Return to Chicago White Sox