ImageImageImageImage

We told you so

TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

We told you so 

Post#1 » by TheOUTLAW » Tue Oct 9, 2007 3:53 am

Coming into the playoffs the Indians were the most anonymous team in the AL. Most sites didn't give them much chance to beat the big bad Yankees in a series (except ESPN strangely enough). Those of us that have been following the team have been arguing that this team is pretty good however. While this really isn't a time to celebrate (there's more baseball to be played) it is really satisfying to beat the Yankees and to prove CNNSI and Sportsline incorrect.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
Ex-hippie
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#2 » by Ex-hippie » Tue Oct 9, 2007 6:02 pm

What was the Vegas line on the series, anyway? Chip Caray mentioned late in game 4 that the Indians were on the verge of "upsetting" the Yankees. That surprised me. Would it really be an upset if a 96-win team with home field in the series beat a 94-win team?
calibanPK
Pro Prospect
And1: 19

Post#3 » by calibanPK » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:30 pm

Honestly Chip Caray can suck my you know what.

Caray (in a low, unenthusiatic voice): And Johnny Peralta doubles down the left field cap, 1 more run comes in, Tribe leads it now 4-1 (or something).

Caray when the Yankees get ONE single: AND HERE COMES THE YANKEES!! THE OFFENSIVE JUGGERNAUT HAS NOW AWOKEN!!! IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!! THE INDIANS ARE IN TROUBLE NOW!!!
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#4 » by TheOUTLAW » Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:16 pm

hippie wrote:What was the Vegas line on the series, anyway? Chip Caray mentioned late in game 4 that the Indians were on the verge of "upsetting" the Yankees. That surprised me. Would it really be an upset if a 96-win team with home field in the series beat a 94-win team?

I think he meant upset in that "my team didn't win" kinda way.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
heathmalc
Analyst
And1: 16

Post#5 » by heathmalc » Mon Mar 3, 2008 5:48 pm

Indians will win it all this year !
We the People...

Return to Cleveland Indians