ImageImageImageImage

NLDS: Colorado Rockies vs. Philadelphia Phillies

Omoneyman0
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#21 » by Omoneyman0 » Sun Oct 7, 2007 5:41 am

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!! just got back from the game 8 more wins baby!!!
Black Jesus 1
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#22 » by Black Jesus 1 » Sun Oct 7, 2007 5:48 am

good luck in the NLCS
RRFB
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,280

Post#23 » by RRFB » Tue Oct 9, 2007 2:11 am

Damn, I had no idea baseball in October was this great.

Usually it's all about the Broncos around now, but I (and the most of Denver apparently) could really care less whether they're winning or not. I'm on such a Rockies high right now, nothing else really matters.

All the bandwagon fans suck, but I guess it comes with the territory. It's definitely worth it though..
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#24 » by The Rebel » Tue Oct 9, 2007 2:24 pm

RRFB wrote:
All the bandwagon fans suck, but I guess it comes with the territory. It's definitely worth it though..

Some of us have been around a long time, we just got tired of spending the money so that the Monforts could stick it in their pocket and cry about how they were in a small market. It is one thing when you have trouble filling the seats and are not generating revenue, it is a whole different thing when you are in the top few teams for attendance and still do nothing to build your team. I still have family that goes to 50+ games a year, but even they had gotten really tired of the bull coming from the Rockies the last 10 years. I personally have watched a few games a year, and have kept an eye on them with the rebuilding through youth this time as opposed to getting a couple of veterans and pretending you have a great chance(as people from the Basketball board Know I am a firm believer in building from the ground up). I personally hope for the sake of the big time Rockies fans that the Monforts do the right thing with these kids and keep them.

All that said I am not a big baseball fan, more just a casual fan that enjoys the occasional game, especially going to the park. But I have always felt that fans should make room for the bandwagon people who want to jump on, if just with the knowledge that the extra revenue generating will never hurt your team.
milehigh
Analyst
And1: 13

Post#25 » by milehigh » Tue Oct 9, 2007 7:44 pm

The Bandwagon thing is kind of annoying but whatever it's nice to see the Rockies getting some love.
RRFB
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,280

Post#26 » by RRFB » Tue Oct 9, 2007 8:52 pm

Yeah, I'd much rather be in our situation with all the bandwagon fans than the DBacks, who can't even sell out a playoff game.

Return to Colorado Rockies