Verlander Cy Young, MVP 

Post#1 » by ajaX82 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:07 am

what a season. respect ya'll
TSE
Banned User
And1: 9

Re: Verlander Cy Young, MVP 

Post#2 » by TSE » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:18 pm

Would have rather had a WS title. No respect from me for this team. I also don't think Verlander deserved the MVP award and I bet if we tried to trade him we'd find he'd have less value than some other players who are truly more valuable. Baseball awards are bogus and don't deserve to have too much stock put into them. Although Justin's agent surely will and will probably sucker us into paying him even more money beyond what he deserves next time the topic of money comes up. This news might actually make things worse for us in the future. And it's just embarrassing in the present to have accolades like this surface in the midst of failing at the really important objective of the game, which is to WIN it!
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#3 » by chrbal » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:38 pm

Well no respect from TSE for the Tigers, i'm sure they are crushed and just need time to work on their feeling in hopes that one day TSE will forgive them. Moment of silence...
TSE
Banned User

Post#4 » by TSE » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:44 pm

Well still time to make a big trade to spark some excitement for next year! :)
Lionlifer
Rookie
And1: 626

Post#5 » by Lionlifer » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:44 pm

Lets get it JV! MVP! MVP! MVP!
2016 Pistons All Time Fantasy League Champ!
RustInPeace
Sixth Man
And1: 3

Post#6 » by RustInPeace » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:32 pm

You heard it here folks, having a player win a Cy Young and MVP is bad for your franchise!
TSE
Banned User

Post#7 » by TSE » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:37 am

Depends on the perspective. If a team is set and able to dominate already, then to have a guy also pick up those awards isn't going to hurt and can add to the effect. But if you are losing anyhow and you don't have the resources you need to win, then those awards are going to make it harder to afford improving. But then again, some people don't think winning is everything. In the Lions forum people actually would rather have no SB win and have Barry Sanders have his career with Detroit, than to have a SB victory without Barry's career here. However, if you are planning to trade those types of players, then you will often find a team that appreciates those designations as a way to sell prestige to thier fans and they may overpay you if you trade them with the awards as opposed to without, so it could be a blessing in disguise.

To me the true answer as to whether that's a good thing or bad thing for a franchise depends on what their specific unique plans are for the team and those players. In some situations it can be helpful whereas others it would not. That's my opinion. Different strokes for different folks, so that's fine if you think it's bad for your franchise, but you should summarize as to why, as many people might have that opinion for a variety of reasons.

Return to Detroit Tigers