ImageImageImageImage

Tigers are interested in Renteria

bravesatl
Rookie
And1: 0

Tigers are interested in Renteria 

Post#1 » by bravesatl » Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:00 pm

what SP would you give us for him? jurrjens maybe?
RIP Coach Hep
Low-Ki
Head Coach
And1: 2

Post#2 » by Low-Ki » Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:36 pm

I definitely think Renteria is the Tig's primary target this off-season, and the way Leyland is talking about Guillen already essentially moved to first base makes me believe Dombrowski might have already something in the works and is just waiting for the season to end sorta deal.

As to what we would sent to Atlanta, I think it would depend on what ATL is looking for as far as taking on salary in return. If you want to spend Renteria's money elsewhere then Jurrjens would make sense. However if you want an established major leaguer in return we could be talking about Nate Robertson. I would also expect Omar Infante included in the deal, simply because we don't have use for him anymore and in the very least he could provide a solid back-up for Johnson and Escobar in your middle infield.

Jurrjens and Infante for Edgar Renteria would make sense IMO. However Jurrjens did have a shoulder issue scare late in the season, but he did come back after missing a start or two to pitch pain free and effective.
Rip Hamilton is a stain on the Pistons franchise.

Return to Detroit Tigers