ImageImageImageImage

ALCS: Rangers vs Tigers

kellmellus50
Starter
And1: 142

Re: ALCS: Rangers vs Tigers 

Post#21 » by kellmellus50 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:22 am

Tigers could reactivate Delmon Young or Brennan Boesch to replace Magglio Ordonez

If the Tigers were to replace Ordonez with a minor league player, FOXSports.com's Jon Paul Morosi reported Sunday that Triple-A Toledo outfielder Clete Thomas would be added, according to a source. The left-handed-hitting Thomas hasn't appeared in a Major League game since 2009.

leland Quote:We're a tough team," he said. "We'll figure something out. We're like every other team in baseball that has this type of situation pop up.

"Nobody is going to feel sorry for us — and we're not going to sit around and feel sorry for ourselves. I can guarantee you that

The runs will have to come from the middle of the lineup, Cabrera, Martinez, Avila with occasional help from Peralta and Raburn. Kelly has better speed than Maggs

Andy Dirks, another lefty and the last outfielder on the roster, also provides solid defense and has shown more success against lefties -- he went 10-for-31. But Dirks, a rookie, hasn't played since Sept.

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20111010/SPO ... z1aNdI4s3v

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ss
f/2011/10/tigers_could_reactivate_delmon.html
TSE
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#22 » by TSE » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:16 am

That's why it's good to have lots of hitters on your roster. Illitch just asked a question in the press, "Can you imagine another bat in this lineup?" I say yes, it sounds like crap, but one notch less crappy than what we presently we have. We should have lots more good bats. Mr. Illitch, can you imagine a lineup where we don't have to imagine to be marginally less crappy, but instead we can live in and enjoy a beautiful thing? Then wake up and start concentrating on your vision instead of falling asleep at the wheel.
kellmellus50
Starter

Post#23 » by kellmellus50 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:47 am

after the 1st hit perry gave up i said pull him for another pitcher and leland left him in bad deciesion
TSE
Banned User

Post#24 » by TSE » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:27 am

kellmellus50 wrote:after the 1st hit perry gave up i said pull him for another pitcher and leland left him in bad deciesion

I voted for let Valverde pitch 'til his arm falls off lol

1 bad inning by Perry sure wrecked that whole contest; not fun. We should have just come up with 4 runs before that inning took place, so it's own damn fault anyways.
TSE
Banned User

Post#25 » by TSE » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:33 am

Calvin Johnson rocks, he's like the anti DD-Land; nothing but....goodness.
kellmellus50
Starter

Post#26 » by kellmellus50 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:14 am

i never liked perry it seem everyone hits hard off him , i hope they trade him in the off season.He does not fool anyone with his pitches and where's the strick outs ?he just does not have it keep him on the bench for the rest of the series

note someone said after losing the first 2 games the last 28 teams lost the series.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 15,041

Post#27 » by Snakebites » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:12 pm

I gotta hand it to Perry.

No outs and a walk of grand slam. Absolutely impossible to do worse than he did in that situation.

Well, I guess in theory he could have had a rogue pitch hit and kill someone. Failing in that the bottom of the 11th went as horribly as it could have possibly done.
kellmellus50
Starter

Post#28 » by kellmellus50 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:54 pm

Gene lamont can't do anything right if he would sent santiago home we would have won the game.
TSE
Banned User

Post#29 » by TSE » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:30 am

Yeah and the thing that ticks me off the most is exactly what I said at the beginning of the year, which is that in Ililtch's mind he sees this team as a tremendous success, and with that comes validation and security for DD and Leyland and company. These guys did a D- grade job, they absolutely flunked well beyond the most basic minimum of standards of quality, but they get scored an A+. I almost gave them an F, but then I figured what if Fister and Delmon Young blew up horribly, well that deserves a lower ranking yet so I had to push them up one category beyond the bottom. This disgusting injustice is what ruins the experience for me, because that negative is such a fantastic atrocity that if we win the WS then it just leaves that nasty feeling inside that the bad guys get away with the crime.

I just personally believe that professional sports teams should only be managed by highly intelligent and gifted people that understand the big picture, the small picture, and the whole damn map and everything in the universe that exists beyond the map. And if you can't have that at least have somebody who is not embarrassing and so far off the grid from the profile of what kind of person would be decent or minimally competent at a job like this.
kellmellus50
Starter

Post#30 » by kellmellus50 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:32 am

Porcello and Harrison will be a high scoring game hopefully Tigers can steal this one.
I like Andy Dirks he stole a base got a hit.
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#31 » by Manocad » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:40 am

TSE wrote:Yeah and the thing that ticks me off the most is exactly what I said at the beginning of the year, which is that in Ililtch's mind he sees this team as a tremendous success, and with that comes validation and security for DD and Leyland and company. These guys did a D- grade job, they absolutely flunked well beyond the most basic minimum of standards of quality, but they get scored an A+. I almost gave them an F, but then I figured what if Fister and Delmon Young blew up horribly, well that deserves a lower ranking yet so I had to push them up one category beyond the bottom. This disgusting injustice is what ruins the experience for me, because that negative is such a fantastic atrocity that if we win the WS then it just leaves that nasty feeling inside that the bad guys get away with the crime.

I just personally believe that professional sports teams should only be managed by highly intelligent and gifted people that understand the big picture, the small picture, and the whole damn map and everything in the universe that exists beyond the map. And if you can't have that at least have somebody who is not embarrassing and so far off the grid from the profile of what kind of person would be decent or minimally competent at a job like this.

Playing in the ALCS gets a D- grade... :lol:
ElectricMayhem
RealGM
And1: 11,196

Post#32 » by ElectricMayhem » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:08 pm

TSE wrote:This disgusting injustice is what ruins the experience for me, because that negative is such a fantastic atrocity that if we win the WS then it just leaves that nasty feeling inside that the bad guys get away with the crime.

Don't you pity those poor simpletons who would actually appreciate a World Series Championship?

By the way, you sound a lot like this guy. I don't know his name, but he sounds pretty smart...like you.

If the Detroit Tigers continue their winning ways, they will never understand that their GM and coaching methods never lead to winning. The worst thing we can do is reinforce negative behavior. Therefore, we must root for the Tigers to collapse so they can realize the error of their ways and hire someone such as myself who can lead them to 10 straight championships. Only a short-sighted fool would trade in 10 straight championships for one little playoff run this year. A World Series victory would do nothing but lock us into mediocrity for years to come. This is why any true Detroit Tigers fan is praying we lose the rest of our games and hoping for either Chicago or Cleveland to steal the division for us. It's for our own good.
At the end of the day, it's not about wins and losses. Teamwork, fair play, and good sportsmanship make champions of us all.

Go arbitrary assortment of athletes! Beat the other arbitrary assortment of athletes or my mood will suffer!
kellmellus50
Starter

Post#33 » by kellmellus50 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:26 pm

Bottom line our coaching deceisions is very questionable example Leland should never have left perry stay in the game when texas was hitting him hard and lamont should have sent santiago home and not stop him. those 2 deceisions cost the tigers the game and you have to blame coaching very simple.

TSE is right you have to have better coaching and i would have fired gene lamont at the beginning of this year he is so bad it's not funny..
TSE
Banned User

Post#34 » by TSE » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:14 am

Manocad wrote:Playing in the ALCS gets a D- grade... :lol:

You are only looking at the upside, and not with proper correspondence to the inputs. I have factored in the opportunity cost lost from alternative choices, and my projections show that Illitch, if he owns the team long enough, could very practically lose out on over 2 billion dollars in gross proceeds + principal value during the time that he has owned the team. In a worst case scenario you can actually demonstrate over 3 billion lost, but that's beyond the benchmark necessary to relate that back to the D- grade that I assigned.
kellmellus50
Starter

Post#35 » by kellmellus50 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:39 am

Another leland deceision he is playing young in left field with his injuries, he can't field and can't hit so far since his injury he has not got on base .We should have kelly playing in left field would have saved us a run the game would be tied 2-2 .

Coaches win and lose games all the time.
RustInPeace
Sixth Man
And1: 3

Post#36 » by RustInPeace » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:43 am

literally thinks this season is a failure and that there's only one ideal way to make a good baseball team
kellmellus50
Starter

Post#37 » by kellmellus50 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:24 am

Leland again should have replace cabrea with a faster runner kelly and they would have scored when young hit a long fly..
TSE
Banned User

Post#38 » by TSE » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:52 am

RustInPeace wrote:literally thinks this season is a failure and that there's only one ideal way to make a good baseball team

I don't care which way they do it, I'm talking about the results, the "what is acheived" not the "how they choose to go about accomplishing the what". I think the goal should be to have multiple WS titles in a time span and that at the end of the time span you should also walk away with a bonus suitcase of $10B+ in extra total value of tangible and intangible benefits that you gained for yourself and your community if that's a practical and viable option. To simply pass out on that accomplishment on the basis of being ignorant that the opportunity exists and having incompetence to seize the opportunity as well, is just not acceptable to me and it dissatisfies me a great deal. Mega disappointment that all the suffering people in Detroit are being deprived of a better life. I think they should have it and that the owner of the team should accept the great responsibility. He may not have a legal obligation, but to me there is a moral and ethical obligation that I feel deserves to have a respectful person fulfill.
Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 3,754

Post#39 » by Cowology » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:02 am

Sigh... Trying to keep things in perspective here, but it's tough. We're one of only 4 teams remaining. How upset should you really be when you overshoot expectations from just a few short months ago and reach the ALCS? By all accounts that seems like a very successful season.

But damn, we've had our chances. To give up 2x 11th inning HR's after failing to capitalize on opportunities of our own is a tough pill to swallow right now. Even if Verlander pulls out game 5, which is very possible, it's highly unlikely we'd be able to pull this thing out.

Oh well, it's an overused cliche, but I guess we just take it 1 game at a time and see what happens. Go Tigers!
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 15,041

Post#40 » by Snakebites » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:50 pm

I really wish we could save the bickering, complaining, and blame assigning until after we've actually lost the series. This thread is near unreadable.

There's no denying that last loss was tough to swallow. I tend to think coming back from behind in a series is more possible in baseball than in basketball, but there's no way around the fact that its a real longshot. The Rangers have been the better team so far this series, but I suppose it isn't over yet.

Return to Detroit Tigers