ImageImageImageImage

Fielder and Tigers agree to 9-year deal

ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Re: Fielder and Tigers agree to 9-year deal 

Post#21 » by ajaX82 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:29 am

Via Bless You Boys, Cabby saying that he is indeed moving to third, his "natural position." Hope you have Google Translate:

http://www.liderendeportes.com/Noticias ... base-.aspx

What ya'll think? I think he will be better than one would assume there (he has come worlds in terms of his first base defense), but that he won't exactly be winning Gold Gloves
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#22 » by Manocad » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:02 am

TSE wrote:I wish I could run the team so that we would have a high probability to win the WS every year and for a ridiculously efficient payroll that a guy like Dombrowski would never be able to comprehend with the seriously flawed mind that he is working with. He has absolutely no clue how to logically manage a sports franchise. (this is assuming the game of wishes for discussion purposes has to be limited to practical baseball-related ideas!)

If you could run a team well you'd have a job running a team.

You don't, meaning you can't.
TSE
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#23 » by TSE » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:38 am

Faulty logic, that's not how the world works.

I actually attempted to broker a meeting, and I have a letter actually signed by Dombrowski himself that he's not interested in talking with me, although it's a form letter with just "David" in actual handwriting, he never actually read the 20+ page letter that I sent him, which was endorsed by a VP of the team that I was personally introduced to by one of his personal friends and had his recommendation/approval to go direct to DD for an audience while using his name, and that actually worked to get the letter through to DD's office and into his personal hands assuming he was the one that actually signed his own name. That's how little interest he has in other people's opinions. It's only apparent that he didn't actually read the letter because the content of his form letter talks about how "we don't currently have any open positions, etc", which wasn't the actual positioning of my letter as I never actually asked for a job, he just naturally assumed that's what I was getting at with the proposal I sent.

If I had a way to meet with Mr. Illitch, I don't believe he would deny what I have to say and he would have to hire me instantly after seeing my presentation if I ever was allowed to give one, but there's little I can do without the opportunity to communicate with him. I can GM the team to success precisely as I have described, but I make no claims about being a master in figuring out how to get Illitch to listen to what I have to say.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,440

Post#24 » by trwi7 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:28 am

TSE wrote:Faulty logic, that's not how the world works.

I actually attempted to broker a meeting, and I have a letter actually signed by Dombrowski himself that he's not interested in talking with me, although it's a form letter with just "David" in actual handwriting, he never actually read the 20+ page letter that I sent him, which was endorsed by a VP of the team that I was personally introduced to by one of his personal friends and had his recommendation/approval to go direct to DD for an audience while using his name, and that actually worked to get the letter through to DD's office and into his personal hands assuming he was the one that actually signed his own name. That's how little interest he has in other people's opinions. It's only apparent that he didn't actually read the letter because the content of his form letter talks about how "we don't currently have any open positions, etc", which wasn't the actual positioning of my letter as I never actually asked for a job, he just naturally assumed that's what I was getting at with the proposal I sent.

If I had a way to meet with Mr. Illitch, I don't believe he would deny what I have to say and he would have to hire me instantly after seeing my presentation if I ever was allowed to give one, but there's little I can do without the opportunity to communicate with him. I can GM the team to success precisely as I have described, but I make no claims about being a master in figuring out how to get Illitch to listen to what I have to say.

In detail, describe how Super Two works and why it is of no benefit to the team.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Han Solo
General Manager
And1: 7,449

Post#25 » by Han Solo » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:35 am

Han Solo
General Manager

Post#26 » by Han Solo » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:37 am

I can't believe some of you are complaining about this.

Cabrera/Fielder is going to be the best 1-2 punch this game has seen in a LONG time. Do you realize how hard it's going to be to pitch to them when one's a righty and the other is a lefty?
The5thSunday
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#27 » by The5thSunday » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:41 am

Detroit Tigers' Miguel Cabrera confirms shift to third base in 2012

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2012/01/detroit_tigers_miguel_cabrera.html
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#28 » by chrbal » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:14 pm

Han Solo wrote:I can't believe some of you are complaining about this.

Cabrera/Fielder is going to be the best 1-2 punch this game has seen in a LONG time. Do you realize how hard it's going to be to pitch to them when one's a righty and the other is a lefty?

Go through some old posts by TSE and Kell. You'll start to believe. Jesus himself could show up Opening Day to announce the Tigers would win the world series for the next 2 years because of Prince, and you would still here posts of "its still too much money to spend overall'.
RustInPeace
Sixth Man
And1: 3

Post#29 » by RustInPeace » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:49 pm

I've seen a lot of great troll gimmicks, and I have to say TSE is up there in terms of dedication. Keep it up.
Lionlifer
Rookie
And1: 626

Post#30 » by Lionlifer » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:52 pm

Isn't it also faulty logic to assume you could do the job, based entirely on what you think the outcome would be if you were given the opportunity? Thats like claiming to be the greatest painter to ever live, but never picking up a brush.....
2016 Pistons All Time Fantasy League Champ!
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 15,026

Post#31 » by Snakebites » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:29 pm

Lionlifer wrote:

Isn't it also faulty logic to assume you could do the job, based entirely on what you think the outcome would be if you were given the opportunity? Thats like claiming to be the greatest painter to ever live, but never picking up a brush.....

Yeah, thats even more faulty IMO.

Anyone who has ever tried a new job of any type can tell you this.

Luckily for TSE, he'll never get that meeting with the owner, so his happy delusion can survive indefinitely.
TSE
Banned User

Post#32 » by TSE » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:41 pm

Lionlifer wrote:

No, because my assumption is not based entirely on what I think will be the outcome. That's a result and if I had the job it's possible that the outcome could be a poor one, what if the entire team had a plane crash and it had nothing to do with my performance on the job? The outcome would suck, but that's not within my control, that's not what I base my assumption on. I base my assumption on a lifetime of experiences that I have happened to have and everything that is part of my perspective and knowledge base. It would be impossible to transfer 100% of the thoughts in my mind in order for you to see things exactly how I see them, but based upon everything that is applicable and relevant for purposes of formulating that assumption, I feel extremely confident in my claims and can defend those claims to anybody that wants to make inquiry that I deem to be qualified to invest the time in to make that such case. I do not believe that Mr. Illitch could vet me on this stance and tell me that he would still rather have DD as the GM if he were to investigate what I know and what I could teach him about my philosophy of baseball strategy and management.
TSE
Banned User

Post#33 » by TSE » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:52 pm

trwi7 wrote:
In detail, describe how Super Two works and why it is of no benefit to the team.

Not sure I understand the question because it predicates that "super 2" is of no benefit to the team. I don't even know what "the team" means, do you mean specifically the Tigers, or to any baseball team as a general question? I wouldn't take a position on that particular type of designation of player status as having a zero benefit (that would seem to insinuate that never in any possible circumstance could a team benefit to even the most miniscule degree), nor would I know how how you personally define precisely what that phrase means from a qualitative standpoint. It just doesn't compute for me to understand the foundation of your premise as a basis for asking that question. If you are interested in knowing the part about how it works, well you can Google that for an answer.

Here's a basic definition for you if that helps:
http://www.bizofbaseball.com/index.php? ... &Itemid=75
TSE
Banned User

Post#34 » by TSE » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:31 am

chrbal wrote:

Go through some old posts by TSE and Kell. You'll start to believe. Jesus himself could show up Opening Day to announce the Tigers would win the world series for the next 2 years because of Prince, and you would still here posts of "its still too much money to spend overall'.

Somehow I don't think Jesus would claim that our future WS win was because of Prince, I think he would be more of the opinion that this is a team game and that the WS wins were a result of the total output of the team having been enough to make us the best team. But why would he tell us only 2 years would be my next question. And if our team payroll was $150M, how does he justify that amount when breaking down my strategies show that a team can secure a significant probability to win it all for far less? Where's his financial breakdown and justification of why we should spend that amount even if we do have that knowledge that we are about to win the next 2 years? How do we do in years 3-10, and how does that $150M relate to our payroll and results for that time period? If that's a bleak future then how come? Is it because we blew our money and missed trade opportunities to set up our resources/assets for the future? Or is Jesus going to tell me that he has knowledge that the world will end in 2 years and that our best interest is to front-load as many resources as possible into the next 2 specific years. If the world will continue, what makes the next 2 years special when compared to the following 10, or 20, or 100 years after that, how much do those years matter with respect to these next 2?

So you would not hear posts about how it is too much money to spend overall, you would hear some qualifying follow-up questions before you would hear me render a rebuttal opinion. I don't take positions without having first followed a logical process of decision making and opinion formulation.
Han Solo
General Manager

Post#35 » by Han Solo » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:43 am

TSE wrote:
chrbal wrote:

Somehow I don't think Jesus would claim that our future WS win was because of Prince, I think he would be more of the opinion that this is a team game and that the WS wins were a result of the total output of the team having been enough to make us the best team. But why would he tell us only 2 years would be my next question. And if our team payroll was $150M, how does he justify that amount when breaking down my strategies show that a team can secure a significant probability to win it all for far less? Where's his financial breakdown and justification of why we should spend that amount even if we do have that knowledge that we are about to win the next 2 years? How do we do in years 3-10, and how does that $150M relate to our payroll and results for that time period? If that's a bleak future then how come? Is it because we blew our money and missed trade opportunities to set up our resources/assets for the future? Or is Jesus going to tell me that he has knowledge that the world will end in 2 years and that our best interest is to front-load as many resources as possible into the next 2 specific years. If the world will continue, what makes the next 2 years special when compared to the following 10, or 20, or 100 years after that, how much do those years matter with respect to these next 2?

So you would not hear posts about how it is too much money to spend overall, you would hear some qualifying follow-up questions before you would hear me render a rebuttal opinion. I don't take positions without having first followed a logical process of decision making and opinion formulation.

Wow
TSE
Banned User

Post#36 » by TSE » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:30 am

Hmm, didn't realize Han Solo was so easily shocked! That guy couldn't be rattled if the whole universe was about to come to end and he had to play draw poker to save it, but apparently reading one TSE-baseball post will make his jaw drop. ;)
BDM22
RealGM
And1: 4,261

Post#37 » by BDM22 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:21 pm

^^^ LOL @ all of this
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#38 » by chrbal » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:08 pm

TSE wrote:
chrbal wrote:

I didn't bother reading much of your rant, but i'm guessing it helps prove my point. Of you just being argumentative. In a twisted way your pointless rants entertain me.
Bartender
Sixth Man
And1: 3

Post#39 » by Bartender » Wed Feb 1, 2012 3:19 am

TSE... the couch general manager.

TSE wrote:Wow I actually like this trade, good job Mayhew!
captainturnover
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#40 » by captainturnover » Fri Feb 3, 2012 10:57 pm

As a brewers fan the detroit tigers paid about 114 million too much for him. He's going on 28, keeps getting bigger (fatter), is probably one of the worst defensive first basemen in baseball, and isn't clutch. Think of him when he's 30 or 35? The clutch player on the brewers unfortunately is Braun. Fielder is a Bill Buckner. During the NLCS this year he took off game 5 and 6. He's has the typical me first mentality otherwise he would be a brewer. GM Doug Melvin pays players he thinks are worth their money. Both Detroit and Milwaukee are over $100 million in player salaries this year and Melvin would've paid him if he was worth it. He's only good every other year and you can look at his stats. I just hope he doesn't turn into a Dontrelle Willis or Renteria deal for you guys. Most brewers fans that are saying this not because he left it's because were disappointed with the way he left, Braun, and the fact you have a better pitching staff.

He's no Pujols, Gonzalez, Ryan Howard, Carlos Pena, or Adam Lind. I guarantee by Fielder's third year with you guys will be calling for Dumbroski's head.

Return to Detroit Tigers