ImageImageImageImage

Turner traded for Sanchez and Infante

TSE
Banned User
And1: 9

Re: Turner traded for Sanchez and Infante 

Post#21 » by TSE » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:03 am

Only unrealistic because from my perspective I've spent many thousands of hours in developing the means to come up with the rationale for why it's not unrealistic, i'm sold and you're not, so your impression is a naturally logical one.
joseph mamah
Starter
And1: 178

Post#22 » by joseph mamah » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:05 am

I wonder what nate cornejo is doin these days ?
joseph mamah
Starter

Post#23 » by joseph mamah » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:17 am

matt anderson, kyle sleeth and kenny baugh please stand up.
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Post#24 » by ajaX82 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:50 am

Would have rather had a massively discounted HanRam and made a move for a different SP. Really missed a swing for the fences move there
Lionlifer
Rookie
And1: 626

Post#25 » by Lionlifer » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:26 pm

ajaX82 wrote:Would have rather had a massively discounted HanRam and made a move for a different SP. Really missed a swing for the fences move there

Couldn't believe how cheaply Miami let him go, had to have figured they could have gotten a better return.
2016 Pistons All Time Fantasy League Champ!
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#26 » by Manocad » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:26 pm

joseph mamah wrote:Those are some very unrealistic expectations.

Welcome to the world that is TSE's baseball (and hockey) analysis.
joseph mamah
Starter

Post#27 » by joseph mamah » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:25 pm

yeah i kind of figured hes somewhat of a space cadet. About ramirez hes good but hes also a head case whos on the books for 15 mil next year and whatever hes owed this year. florida could have got a better return if they wanted to eat some of that salary.
TSE
Banned User

Post#28 » by TSE » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:07 am

Manocad wrote:

I could add a ton of value to the Red Wings' staff, in particular by immediately teaching them how to approach end of game strategies utilizing proper game theory would be a great place to start. But my expertise to a unique one-of-a-kind level of impact is particularly geared towards baseball and football, and well politics and financial planning also to name anything else that is significantly interesting.
TSE
Banned User

Post#29 » by TSE » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:53 am

ajaX82 wrote:Would have rather had a massively discounted HanRam and made a move for a different SP. Really missed a swing for the fences move there

DD is tight with Florida and I'm sure they talked about it. We probably no longer had the financial comfort zone to do a move like that. Plus it could have been further risky if they didn't determine what his appropriate future exit strategy might be; that's arguably our worst department of management. Well that and missing out on awesome "swing for the fences" deals that we could be creating. Pardon me for realizing that converting on home runs is a very valuable thing to do.
Lionlifer
Rookie
And1: 626

Post#30 » by Lionlifer » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:25 pm

TSE wrote:
Manocad wrote:

I could add a ton of value to the Red Wings' staff, in particular by immediately teaching them how to approach end of game strategies utilizing proper game theory would be a great place to start. But my expertise to a unique one-of-a-kind level of impact is particularly geared towards baseball and football, and well politics and financial planning also to name anything else that is significantly interesting.

The real genius behind this act is there is no way of ever proving any of these wild claims. Since there is no chance of ever implementing any of these strategies/theories, there is no chance of failure, so the confidence only grows.

You really have to admire the mind blowing levels of narcissism here.
2016 Pistons All Time Fantasy League Champ!
Manocad
RealGM

Post#31 » by Manocad » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:07 pm

The fact that he isn't working for a sports team as a GM is all the proof you need that he doesn't have the ability to be a better GM than anyone currently working as one. Part of being a good GM is your ability to get the job. If you can't land a job as a GM then how do you claim you have the ability to be a great GM?
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#32 » by ajaX82 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:19 pm

Ahem

This is not the "How would TSE fair as a GM?" thread thankfully. It's a thread about a relatively big trade we made. Let's get back on topic shall we? I feel this is actually something we could have a healthy conversation about.

Please, no more off-topic nonsense. We've gone through this before and it's useless.

Thanks!
Manocad
RealGM

Post#33 » by Manocad » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:57 pm

My fault.

I like the trade. Sanchez is a proven starter, not extraordinary but at least consistent. And anything beats the Triple A roster the Tigers were rotating through second base.
joseph mamah
Starter

Post#34 » by joseph mamah » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:00 pm

The one thing i didnt think about when the trade was made that i was thinking yesterday was what if infante didnt want to come back to detroit. I mean he was living in florida and he didnt really leave here on the best of terms. leyland wasnt his biggest fan. baseball is definitely a mental game. lets hope even if he doesnt want to be here the playoff chase will keep him focused.
TSE
Banned User

Post#35 » by TSE » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:39 pm

Manocad wrote:The fact that he isn't working for a sports team as a GM is all the proof you need that he doesn't have the ability to be a better GM than anyone currently working as one. Part of being a good GM is your ability to get the job. If you can't land a job as a GM then how do you claim you have the ability to be a great GM?

I think getting the job and doing the job are completely different things. I suppose I could attempt to call Mr. Illitch on the phone and explain all of this to him, but what is the likelihood that he would say sure come on in for an appointment to talk about turning over the keys of my franchise to you? How many sentences would I get to contribute to have a qualified chance to sell him my total vision, and to get him to accept and buy-in? Every person he ever comes in contact with probably wants to give him their advice about what to do.

It is definitely possible if I wanted to mount a gameplan for doing whatever it takes to get that chance, but at the same token I'm also already in a career that demands all of my possible attention that I have to give and that's on me to create an opportunity to have that meeting with Mr. Illitch. I have tried before and sent a package to DD under the endorsement of another Tigers' executive and that wasn't strong enough for DD to even simply read what I sent him. That was attempt 1, and when I figure out what attempt 2 shall be to get Illitch's attention then I will gladly pursue it and do everything I can to earn an audience. Just because I don't have the job doesn't mean I can't get the job, but I have to choose to pursue it and figure out the right way to pursue it. That takes a skill set that I do have, but finding ways to arrange meetings with billionaires without introduction or established leverage isn't my strong suit.
TSE
Banned User

Post#36 » by TSE » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:40 pm

Lionlifer wrote:The real genius behind this act is there is no way of ever proving any of these wild claims. Since there is no chance of ever implementing any of these strategies/theories, there is no chance of failure, so the confidence only grows.

You really have to admire the mind blowing levels of narcissism here.

I actually can prove the claims, through the art of logical presentation. I therefore disagree with your assessment.
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#37 » by ajaX82 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:41 pm

TSE,

Please read my post above. We've talked about getting off-topic before, so I won't rehash previous points. This is still not a thread to discuss your prospective GM abilities. Please stop. PM me with questions

- ajaX
DetroitDon15
General Manager
And1: 478

Post#38 » by DetroitDon15 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:02 pm

Overpay. I'd rather have went anf got Garza over Sanchez. I'm sure we coulda wiggled out Barney if we tangled Turner like we did. Hate giving up top specs for rentals.
kellmellus50
Starter
And1: 142

Post#39 » by kellmellus50 » Thu Aug 9, 2012 1:29 pm

Sanchez so far is turning out to be a bust we should have keeped turner.
Manocad
RealGM

Post#40 » by Manocad » Thu Aug 9, 2012 4:22 pm

Sanchez has made three starts in a league he hasn't pitched in before; that doesn't equal "bust." And we got Infante who has proved to be a pretty damn big upgrade at second base. Therefore I dismiss your argument as illogical.

Return to Detroit Tigers