ImageImageImageImage

Tigers target Pierre signs minor league deal with Philly

chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Tigers target Pierre signs minor league deal with Philly 

Post#1 » by chrbal » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:33 pm

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2 ... n_pie.html

We honestly couldn't find room for him on a minor league deal? I realize that we are pretty loaded right now, but he would've been perfect in left field helping clean up some of Miggys (most likely, but not officially, mistakes).

I realize its crazy to debate such a minor deal, but he signed for a minor league contract. he had FORTY ONE strikeouts in 639 at bats last year. He steals bases, good hitter, lefty, etc.

This is my random rant about nothing thread. Carry on.

And to go off topic a little. Edwin Jackson is seeking a 1 year contract. Former TIgers and Scott Boras client, Edwin Jackson is seeking a 1 year contract. Might as well dust off your old jerseys if you have them.
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Re: Tigers target Pierre signs minor league deal with Philly 

Post#2 » by ajaX82 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:51 pm

I really like the idea of cheap speed, and think we should invest accordingly, but Pierre is a bad defensive outfielder with a super weak arm and his stolen base numbers last year were bad (27 SB vs 17 CS). He isn't exactly a spring chicken either.

Like the thought, not the player
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Post#3 » by ajaX82 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:57 pm

And truthfully I've read we will have Dirks and Clete in the mix in the OF, and I'm sure Kelly will be around too. Hell even Inge could play there. Not sure we will add another OF
RustInPeace
Sixth Man
And1: 3

Post#4 » by RustInPeace » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:55 am

Pierre is awful.
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#5 » by chrbal » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:14 pm

Thought Pierre was still ok. I just have a hard time believing we're sticking with what we've got. Prince came out of nowhere and Ilitch likes to add talent.

Return to Detroit Tigers