ImageImageImage

Astros @ Reds 4 game series (5/7 - 5/10)

RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,189

Post#101 » by RaoulDuke79 » Fri May 11, 2007 7:15 pm

nsballer07 wrote:**** THEM BOTH!!!! They betrayed us, they said they wanted to come home and play when they came, but they leave when its close to retirement time, **** Roger I hope we boo him, and Petttie to, I'm looking forward to the game when they come here. I know Petitte will, but iono about Roger, I know I will be though.

Technically, just to be fair, the Astros turned Pettite down, not the other way around. It wasn't about the extra 2 mill or whatever, it was about a 2nd yr player option which we refused to give him, then we went out and traded for Jennings, so he felt like ok, you guys don't really want me, NY does, see ya.

I'm not saying it doesn't bother me, but I also don't completely blame him.

Roger, on the other hand, can go to hell. We went out of our way as an orginization the last couple yrs to accomodate him(financially as well as other ways), and he is CLEARLY going to NY just for the $$, IMO. I guess he will get better run support there, but they're not that good. It looks like from what I've been reading the Astros didn't expect a decision from him this soon, which tells me he didn't really ever consider them and give them a chance to bring him back.

Yankees or not, Andy or not, if he wasn't getting paid basically 1 mill per start(ridiculous), I don't think he'd be there. IMO it's about cash.

Go Astros.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,189

Post#102 » by RaoulDuke79 » Fri May 11, 2007 7:18 pm

Also, am I the only one who always cringes a bit when I listen to Roger speak? Like when he was in Yankee Stadium and addressing the fans?

He just comes off as so fake to me, he's not genuine at all. I don't think he really gives a damn about anybody but himself personally.

I am very grateful that they both came here to pitch for us, and we had our best success ever with them here, but atleast as far as Roger is concerned, I've always felt that guy is just full of it, now I know he is.

Funny thing is, I think he's going to be working for the Astros after he does officially retire, lol.
rocketworld
Starter
And1: 0

Post#103 » by rocketworld » Sat May 12, 2007 4:09 am

yea....he would work with the astros prospects...just like nolan ryan

Return to Houston Astros