Wesley Wright and Jose Cruz Jr. makes team

A.J.
Banned User
And1: 1

Wesley Wright and Jose Cruz Jr. makes team 

Post#1 » by A.J. » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:44 pm

:clap:

heard it on Espn 790

wright was a rule 5 draft choice for our team...he is a left hander and is very young and has a great arm.
steveholt
Junior
And1: 276

Post#2 » by steveholt » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:46 am

Jose Cruz is my favorite player

He's gonna have a MONSTER year

Astros 2nd Favorite team now

STEVE HOLT!!
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,225

Post#3 » by RaoulDuke79 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:46 am

Is Cruz playing that well in the spring or are we that bad?

Just curious. He's pretty terrible. I mean I know he's shown flashes of being good but overall he's mediocre.

I hope he plays well for us because his dad is the man.

edit: Just looked up his stats from ST. Very nice. I doubt he continues that because like I said he's a scrub but hey maybe he will prove me wrong and I certainly hope he does.

Cruz is a 33-year-old journeyman who never reached his potential. He has some pop, but he won't steal bases anymore and strikes out way too much. He would be nothing more than a low-end reserve for the Astros and the deepest of NL-only leagues if he makes the team out of spring training.

That sounds about right.
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
A.J.
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#4 » by A.J. » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:10 pm

RaoulDuke79 wrote:Is Cruz playing that well in the spring or are we that bad?

Just curious. He's pretty terrible. I mean I know he's shown flashes of being good but overall he's mediocre.

I hope he plays well for us because his dad is the man.

edit: Just looked up his stats from ST. Very nice. I doubt he continues that because like I said he's a scrub but hey maybe he will prove me wrong and I certainly hope he does.

Cruz is a 33-year-old journeyman who never reached his potential. He has some pop, but he won't steal bases anymore and strikes out way too much. He would be nothing more than a low-end reserve for the Astros and the deepest of NL-only leagues if he makes the team out of spring training.

That sounds about right.

he is playing his ass out in spring training....im just worried he wont do the same in the regular season
Vator
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 579

Post#5 » by Vator » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:23 pm

I can't believe he is 33 already. I remember him at Rice...he was a stud! His rookie year in Seattle I believe was pretty decent. I can't believe he never really panned out.

Return to Houston Astros