Post#1 » by RaoulDuke79 » Fri Apr 4, 2008 5:52 pm

vs.

Probable starters:

Chris Sampson

vs.

Rich Hill

Keys to the game:

Score some damn runs.

Sampson has owned the Cubs in the past with going 2-0 with a 0.60 ERA against them so let's hope he can continue that trend and we get back on the winning track.

GO ASTROS!

:clap:
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,225

Post#2 » by RaoulDuke79 » Fri Apr 4, 2008 7:01 pm

As expected, Sampson is looking solid through 3. The offense needs to get going, it's starting to really annoy me. We have some good hitters in our lineup and it's pissing me off that we can't get anything going.
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#3 » by RaoulDuke79 » Fri Apr 4, 2008 7:09 pm

2-0 off a Towles HR, I'll take it.

Sampson better keep the lead, we have a bad trend of getting the lead or tying the game and giving it right back.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#4 » by RaoulDuke79 » Fri Apr 4, 2008 7:51 pm

Sampson only 3 hits through 6, but still only a 2 run lead. We need to score some more runs because the Cubs will get on the board eventually.

Must hold on and win this game!
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#5 » by RaoulDuke79 » Fri Apr 4, 2008 9:00 pm

And that's the way the cookie crumbles. Good win even though Valverde almost pulled a Lidge.

Sampson looked great but I'm not surprised, he's one of the only bright spots in our rotation.

It's funny seeing some of the Cubs fans responses though, reminds me of how I felt losing to the Padres yesterday.

"it's the effin' Padres, how did we lose to this garbage team, rabble rabble".

Emotional fans are the best. Every loss pisses me off too. Every win is fantastic. Show some class though guys...get over yourself.
A.J.
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#6 » by A.J. » Fri Apr 4, 2008 10:27 pm

hey, RaoulDuke. From now own, instead of me or you making a game thread against the cubs and brewers we can go to their board and post
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#7 » by RaoulDuke79 » Fri Apr 4, 2008 10:35 pm

A.J. wrote:hey, RaoulDuke. From now own, instead of me or you making a game thread against the cubs and brewers we can go to their board and post

Good idea ;)

Although I don't think I'll be posting there anymore, I don't really like discussing games with fans who can't give credit to other teams when they lose.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#8 » by RaoulDuke79 » Fri Apr 4, 2008 10:49 pm

BTW I didn't mean any offense by calling you a homer on their board, I just hate when some Cubs fan tries to basically call me one because he's a sore loser and can't give props to our team when we win.

I love the Astros and will never stop doing so, I just don't have that much faith in them, and for good reasons.

I'm cautiously optimistic about them right now because the pitching has been alot better than I expected(I'm not worried about Oswalt, and Wandy had 2 bad innings, other than that, pretty solid overall).

I hope our offense can come around and start scoring some runs like I know they're capable of, we might actually be pretty decent if so, despite what others think.

So yea, apologies if that comment was out of line or anything.
A.J.
Banned User

Post#9 » by A.J. » Fri Apr 4, 2008 11:20 pm

RaoulDuke79 wrote:BTW I didn't mean any offense by calling you a homer on their board, I just hate when some Cubs fan tries to basically call me one because he's a sore loser and can't give props to our team when we win.

I love the Astros and will never stop doing so, I just don't have that much faith in them, and for good reasons.

I'm cautiously optimistic about them right now because the pitching has been alot better than I expected(I'm not worried about Oswalt, and Wandy had 2 bad innings, other than that, pretty solid overall).

I hope our offense can come around and start scoring some runs like I know they're capable of, we might actually be pretty decent if so, despite what others think.

So yea, apologies if that comment was out of line or anything.

i accept your apology man, :D
Baller 24
RealGM
And1: 18

Post#10 » by Baller 24 » Sat Apr 5, 2008 3:11 am

Good game today, Towels and Tejada were great, lets hope we can keep this up, but this is what we may see in every game, with the score always so close. The pitching needs to improve.
dockingsched wrote: the biggest loss of the off-season for the lakers was earl clark
SportsWorld
RealGM
And1: 133

Post#11 » by SportsWorld » Sat Apr 5, 2008 3:15 am

Yeah come on over to the Cubs board if you guys want but remember if you do post there that it is the Cubs board and not the Astros board. You probably won't get warned but you will piss off the other Cub fans there.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#12 » by RaoulDuke79 » Sat Apr 5, 2008 4:09 am

SportsWorld wrote:Yeah come on over to the Cubs board if you guys want but remember if you do post there that it is the Cubs board and not the Astros board. You probably won't get warned but you will piss off the other Cub fans there.

Eh, I can only speak for myself but I know I've never made homeristic posts or ever been anything but polite and respectful towards other fans on any board I visit(I usually don't even post on other forums it's just nobody was posting here today during the game, it got boring!).

:wink:
Baller 24
RealGM

Post#13 » by Baller 24 » Sat Apr 5, 2008 4:11 am

SportsWorld wrote:Yeah come on over to the Cubs board if you guys want but remember if you do post there that it is the Cubs board and not the Astros board. You probably won't get warned but you will piss off the other Cub fans there.

Good
:D
dockingsched wrote: the biggest loss of the off-season for the lakers was earl clark
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#14 » by RaoulDuke79 » Sat Apr 5, 2008 4:11 am

Baller 24 wrote:Good game today, Towels and Tejada were great, lets hope we can keep this up, but this is what we may see in every game, with the score always so close. The pitching needs to improve.

The pitching was solid today, what do you mean? You can't ask for a much better start than what Sampson gave us, and other than the solo HR from Valverde the bullpen did it's job.

I'd be much more concerned about our lack of scoring runs. 4 won't be enough on nights that we get crappy starts, which is probably going to be pretty often.

2 of the 3 games we lost in SD were what, 2-1 and 3-2? That's solid pitching, it's just lack of runs that cost us.
Baller 24
RealGM

Post#15 » by Baller 24 » Sat Apr 5, 2008 4:13 am

Pitching is great, but I mean I dunno what to expect from this team, at one point they had the best starting pitching rotation and are at the bottom of there division. Other times they are winning 12 games in a row, and acing every team with horrible offense. Hopefully we can keep this up, but I'm not going to say there going to do great the entire year, because some of these pitchers are quite inconsistent.
A.J.
Banned User

Post#16 » by A.J. » Sat Apr 5, 2008 4:18 am

i say we take tomorrow's game as well. even posters in the cubs board are afraid to make a game thread. lol
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#17 » by RaoulDuke79 » Sat Apr 5, 2008 4:19 am

Yea I have been surprised at how good our pitching has been, even though it's just the first week. I don't expect us to be very good in that department over the course of the season, but I did think our main strength would be scoring runs so even on the nights our pitching sucks we could still have a chance to win some games.

So far, they've had only 1 good offensive game(game 3) and still almost lost(had to come from behind with 4 runs in the 9th with 2 outs, 1 strike away from losing).

I think once the bats get going consistantly, if they do, we could be decent. Still not good enough to compete for the division but not mediocre!

It's weird to think we are basically going to be fighting to finish 3rd after winning a bunch of division titles/WC's.

Oh wells. Go Astros anyways!
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#18 » by RaoulDuke79 » Sat Apr 5, 2008 4:23 am

A.J. wrote:i say we take tomorrow's game as well. even posters in the cubs board are afraid to make a game thread. lol

Let's hope Oswalt has his best stuff going tomorrow. His curveball was non-existant in SD and that cost us.

Of course, going against Peavy didn't help either...
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Post#19 » by TMU » Sat Apr 5, 2008 6:08 am

Baller 24 wrote:Good game today, Towels and Tejada were great, lets hope we can keep this up, but this is what we may see in every game, with the score always so close. The pitching needs to improve.

Towelie?

Man that headstand was hilarious. Imagine what he would do if the opposing pitcher drilled his head instead.
Baller 24
RealGM

Post#20 » by Baller 24 » Sat Apr 5, 2008 3:10 pm

T-Mac United wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Towelie?

Man that headstand was hilarious. Imagine what he would do if the opposing pitcher drilled his head instead.

:rofl:

Return to Houston Astros