ImageImageImage

Free agent Moves for the Astros

RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,189

Re: Free agent Moves for the Astros 

Post#21 » by RaoulDuke79 » Wed Jan 7, 2009 2:29 am

http://blogs.chron.com/sportsjustice/ar ... barga.html

"our friendly local GM is going to have the opportunity to improve his team at a very low cost. Randy Wolf? He's still out there. Ben Sheets? Him, too.

Andy Pettitte, Jon Garland, Paul Byrd, Adam Dunn, Braden Looper and Gregg Zaun are still shopping for teams. All of them probably entered free agency with an idea about their market value. If they're smart, they're all adjusting that value. Downward."

Hey Drayton, stop worrying about cutting salary and get something done. I'd love to get Sheets and Wolf out of those names. It won't happen I bet, but that would make me feel a lot better about our rotation going into the season.
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#22 » by RaoulDuke79 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:12 pm

You know, at first I was worried we weren't going to sign any good FA's or make any trades, but then we signed Russ Ortiz and now I know we're the team to beat next season.

100 wins here we come. WATCH OUT NATIONAL LEAGUE, WE SIGNED RUSS ORTIZ, MIKE HAMPTON, AND AARON BOONE. SCARED? YOU SHOULD BE!
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
Vator
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 579

Post#23 » by Vator » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:49 pm

This is probably the most pessimistic that I have ever been going into a season that I can remember. This has got to be one of the most disappointing offseasons ever. Thanks Drayton.

You suck so we suck!
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#24 » by RaoulDuke79 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:40 pm

Well one good thing appears to be a reality for us Astros fans:

HOUSTON -- Prices for free agents are falling fast in these last remaining moments of a strange and unpredictable offseason, and although the Astros are at the very least keeping an eye on the progress, one player is most definitely not anywhere near the proverbial radar -- outfielder Adam Dunn.

Phew. I was a bit worried when I saw the Astros had interest in him. Dodged a bullet on that one! As much as I'd love a guy who is fantastic at striking out and has no speed and mediocre defense, I think it's probably for the best to pass on him.

I am absolutely thrilled to see how our top-notch rotation performs though. We have what appears to be quite possibly the best starting rotation in the NL going into the season. Stupid Yankees going out and signing C.C and Burnett, pffft, you missed out on Hampton you fools! EAT THAT!
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Post#25 » by TMU » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:20 pm

OMG, the Astros finally have a catcher!!!
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#26 » by RaoulDuke79 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:49 am

If only we got him before he stopped using roids and was still productive. Typical Astros, get them when they're washed up and useless.

Return to Houston Astros