ImageImageImageImageImage

2019 Los Angeles Dodgers Regular Season Thread

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb

Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Re: 2019 Los Angeles Dodgers Regular Season Thread 

Post#61 » by Neddy » Sat May 5, 2018 3:30 am

it is truly unfortunate that while performing like a staff ace, Ryu tore his **** muscle off the bone in his groin.

but what a start for young Walker Buehler, future co ace, is here now.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,644

Post#62 » by Quake Griffin » Sat May 5, 2018 4:26 am

I've pretty much been big on Walker since we drafted him....saying he's sliding in behind Peyton as our #2...saying I don't want him included in deals for other "aces"....saying it's not bright to say Gasparino doesn't swing for the fences when 2 of his first 3 1st round picks are swings for the fences and one of em is gonna be great - that guy being Walker.

Today is the day he builds up enough equity with fans to where they get on board with me and agree he shouldn't be traded for "another ace"...He's a Got Damn Dodger.

WOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,248

Post#63 » by Kilroy » Sat May 5, 2018 5:26 am

"Liberatore completes No Hitter in Mexico"... I thought that was some kind of Mexican Political rally, then I realized what I was seeing...
Whoo Hoo!!
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#64 » by Quake Griffin » Sat May 5, 2018 12:23 pm

And...forgot to comment.

Watching Verdugo this week. A few doubles. Breaking to third on a pitch in the dirt. Scoring on a short sac fly.

Like I said before. He isn't slow. He is of the normal speed to be an MLB outfielder. He isn't as fast as say, Joc Pederson, who I believe has above average speed but Alex's speed is NOT an issue. If you continue to say it is, you haven't watched him play and the only thing you know about him is what read off the scouting reports from MLB.com's top 100.

Issue should be put to bed and he should be given every opportunity to earn a spot in the OF.
He looks like he is in better shape as well btw.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#65 » by Quake Griffin » Sun May 6, 2018 5:11 pm

Peyton to the DL with bicep tendinitis.

Hardly the rubber arm he used to be.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#66 » by Quake Griffin » Wed May 9, 2018 8:30 pm

We cannot let the Cubs make the push for Manny Machado and get him.

We should be able to acquire him.
Dloading99
Pro Prospect
And1: 162

Post#67 » by Dloading99 » Mon May 14, 2018 8:31 am

totally agree with you Quake and I called Dodger talk today Demanding that we trade for him.

I said the Same thing. the Cubs are after him. and we can't let the cubs get him Machado Bryant will not do it for us. we can't be non shalont and let guys just take player we want. we danced with Stanton Yankees got him. we danced with Cole Astros got him.

WE gotta get Machado. he would be perfect for our squad.

Slide him in there with Turner Red Turn Two. and you're looking at Turner Bellinger Machado and Taylor in your infield Kemp Puig and Pederson in your outfield or Verdugo.

he makes us great up the middle and gives us the middle of the lineup power we need. with Machado Bellinger Turner and Kemp we look good. I think we need the pop in the lineup.

I think Buehler Kershaw and Wood is enough for the pitching. but if we want to be players this year we need to go get Machado.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#68 » by Quake Griffin » Thu May 17, 2018 2:58 am

Season from hell.

I'm just going to watch Walker and pull for him to become really good.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#69 » by Quake Griffin » Sun May 20, 2018 12:29 am

Rich Hill.

Unbelievable

Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#70 » by Quake Griffin » Sun May 20, 2018 4:28 am

Did this team find itself in Washington?
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#71 » by Quake Griffin » Sun May 20, 2018 8:57 pm

4 in a row
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#72 » by Quake Griffin » Tue May 22, 2018 5:00 am

Buehler developing just fine brehs.

Good start tonight...no run support.

Just need to find him a second non choking playoff starter.
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

My Leave of Absence 

Post#73 » by Ranma » Wed May 23, 2018 8:42 am

Quake Griffin wrote:REGULAR SEASON THREAD!!!!111

Quake Griffin wrote:GET OVER ME WANTING KERSHAW TRADED AND GET INTO THE REGULAR SEASON THREAD!

Thanks, Quake. I apologize for the extended delay in my response. Admittedly, I proactively made a point to be away given our disagreement over trading Kershaw as I found the lack of respect and acknowledgement over what he's accomplished as a Dodger to be repugnant and, quite frankly, I was dreading visiting this forum to read such sentiment on a regular basis, so I figured why deal with such grief. If I recall correctly, I wasn't against the notion of trading Kershaw away per se but given our position as a team built to contend over the next few years, it really didn't make any sense to me.

In any case, that may be why I was away initially away but it's not really why it's been so long as I intended to attend on a regular basis sooner. I've just been really pre-occupied with the NFL and NBA drafts and I still have plenty of material I want to read for both. In fact, I haven't even read much on the MLB and NHL drafts. I'm normally into the NHL draft, but with the Kings' disappointing performance under new GM Rob Blake, I'm not really inclined to be enthusiastic of the new leadership. Still, I intend to read more on the NHL draft eventually, so we'll see if I get around to that.

Furthermore, the Dodgers' disappointing off-season as well as the bad start to the regular season really haven't motivated me to start being a regular again, especially with how busy I've gotten in my off-line life. Hopefully, I'll be back shortly after the NBA draft, but I should be looking forward to seeing what the Dodgers will do this coming off-season. I'll probably update the MLB draft thread with material as I find them, but I'm more inclined to focus on the Clippers and Rams right now, but here is a summary of quite a few thoughts I've had about our Dodgers:

• I've lost hope that Kershaw will ever be the best pitcher in baseball ever again as Max Scherzer has clearly supplanted him. Still, CK is a top-5 pitcher in the game even with his injury concerns, but his production has actually been hurt by a lack of offense by his teammates. His numbers would be even better if he'd gotten better run production over his career.

• A big part of why missing out on Ohtani still stings for me is the fact that the Dodgers didn't go after a good #2 starter like I wanted them too. Yeah, I understand and even agree with the strategy to reset the tax bill, but the world champion Astros acquired Gerrit Cole for cheap and he was one of the targets I wanted to pursue with Chris Archer being the other. Harumph!

• I like the acquisition of Scott Alexander but cheaping out by not retaining Brandon Morrow was such a thoroughly disappointing decision by Friedman & Co., especially in light of their efforts to try to retain Yu Darvish, who I was against re-signing and has done nothing to prove me wrong. Alexander could still have been added but Morrow might have helped keep the bullpen in order even with Jansen's struggles early in the season. Morrow may be an injury risk, but the dude was an absolute gamer for us and we should have rewarded him with our faith as well as a contract, especially since he really wanted to stay with us. Now he's currently a stud for the Cubs. This one is on the brain trust and one of the things I dislike about our front office.

• I absolutely want Manny Machado on this team. As I've advocated for multiple times before, he'd be a perfect addition for the Dodgers even over Bryce Harper. He's a better shortstop than Corey Seager ever will be. I don't give a hoot about how many errors Machado has as he reacquaints himself with his old position. The problem is that I'm afraid of missing out on him in free agency if another team trades for him and extends him and/or our front office will focus on other targets like the aforementioned Harper. I'm also not inclined to overpay in trade with the Orioles, who foolishly haven't traded him last season, but I'm open to packaging Verdugo and Ruiz along with pitchers like Stewart and/or Stripling for Machado even at the risk of renting him if only just to have the inside track to re-sign him to a big-money deal.

• While I haven't been as high on Buehler as you've been, I still consider him a good pitching prospect. As I've said on multiple occasions, my primary concern with him is only his health and how his mechanics play into that. He's clearly our best prospect right now and certainly our most valuable asset in the minors, especially with Urias' career becoming ever more questionable due to his injury.

• I'm pretty perturbed with Corey Seager right now. Kid was stubborn in not taking days off, which now resulted in him having a season-ending injury. Glad his trainer has been fired, but this was an avoidable situation especially since his own body was telling him something was wrong for an extended period of time. There's a time for toughing things out and then there's stupidity. Guess who needs to be fitted for a dunce cap now. The next time the organization tells him to do something, he better not give it grief or any lip and bloody well just do it.

• Also, I'm glad to see Dave Martinez get a manager job even if it's with the Nationals. If you guys recall, he was my top choice for the Dodgers' opening before we filled it with Dave Roberts. I'm still fine with Roberts but can't help but think how we'd do with Martinez instead.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#74 » by Quake Griffin » Sun May 27, 2018 10:49 pm

Walker Buehler continues to impress.

I hope we rest him right in case we need him for an October run.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#75 » by Quake Griffin » Sun May 27, 2018 10:51 pm

Walker Buehler continues to impress.

I hope we rest him right in case we need him for an October run.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#76 » by Quake Griffin » Mon May 28, 2018 1:20 am

Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#77 » by Quake Griffin » Fri Jun 1, 2018 2:42 am

Kershaw's fastball is 88 to 91.

Pitches okay today.
Has back tightness and will be getting an MRI.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#78 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Jun 4, 2018 12:03 am

Sweep in Colorado brehs.

Max Muncy has been a huge find for us this year.

Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Prime Example of When Fans Know Better Than Front Office 

Post#79 » by Ranma » Wed Jun 6, 2018 10:02 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#80 » by Quake Griffin » Sat Jun 9, 2018 4:13 am

Unbelievable.

I have to watch the Giants put up 3 WS.
I have to watch the Worriers put up 3 NBA titles.
I have to watch my guys choke up a WS.

And I can't even get a healthy season of Walker Buehler.

I swear....**** this season if he is seriously hurt.

Return to Los Angeles Dodgers