Moderator: ijspeelman

TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

32% of NBA players want LeBron on their teams over anyone 

Post#1 » by TheOUTLAW » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:30 pm

According to Sports Illustrated

Which opposing NBA player would you most like to have on your team?

LeBron James, Cavaliers F......32%
Kobe Bryant, Lakers G......13%
Steve Nash, Suns G......8%
Kevin Garnett, Celtics F......7%
Chris Paul, Hornets G.....7%

You'll never see this here, but NBA players would rather play with LeBron than the player that came in second (Kobe) by a 2.5 to 1 ratio.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
Canomad
Banned User
And1: 69

Re: 32% of NBA players want LeBron on their teams over anyone 

Post#2 » by Canomad » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:27 pm

i would love to here the kobe lovers opinion on this. they will start busting out some weird stats saying how this is all false.
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Post#3 » by TMU » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:19 pm

canomad wrote:i would love to here the kobe lovers opinion on this. they will start busting out some weird stats saying how this is all false.

Kobe fans don't believe in stats, let alone percentages.
They see things with their omniscient, omnipresent, and omnipotent naked eyes.
Niko23
Lead Assistant
And1: 884

Post#4 » by Niko23 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:42 pm

Team up with Kobe?? But his wife would make me dig through dog sh$t for a receipt

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rise Against
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 73

Post#5 » by Rise Against » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:42 pm

I am surprised to see that Dwight Howard isn't on the top 5.. And also, surprising to see Nash have a higher percentage than Paul.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by TheOUTLAW » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:36 pm

Well it was only 190 but considering thats about a third of all players it truly is a significant percentage
RevMan26
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#7 » by RevMan26 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:57 pm

Also surprised Dwayne Wade isn't on there...
Don Ford
Analyst
And1: 1,042

Post#8 » by Don Ford » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:46 am

This is probably because so many players want to get in on that really cool pregame fake team picture thing that LeBron started.
MagicMadness
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,332

Post#9 » by MagicMadness » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:28 am

I'm surprised it isn't higher for LeBron.
Canomad
Banned User
And1: 69

Post#10 » by Canomad » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:02 am

Don Ford wrote:This is probably because so many players want to get in on that really cool pregame fake team picture thing that LeBron started.

U mad?
LoveThemCavs
Analyst
And1: 143

Post#11 » by LoveThemCavs » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:23 am

canomad wrote:
Don Ford wrote:This is probably because so many players want to get in on that really cool pregame fake team picture thing that LeBron started.

U mad?

I don't think Don Ford is implying any kind of spite toward LeBron or the Cavs. Maybe it's just me. I've seen many opposing fans think it's a pretty cool pregame picture of the team that makes things fun. And some shouldn't be instigating the Laker/Kobe fans to post nonsense here. They do have the season series on us 2-0.
Cybulski37
Bench Warmer
And1: 9

Post#12 » by Cybulski37 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:47 pm

The other 68% is DeShawna.
warriorfan650 wrote:Baron Davis = 2 All Star Games Played.
Jonathan Bender = 2 Games Played.

Owned!
bynumsbreakout
Junior

Post#13 » by bynumsbreakout » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:50 pm

TheOUTLAW wrote:According to Sports Illustrated

You'll never see this here, but NBA players would rather play with LeBron than the player that came in second (Kobe) by a 2.5 to 1 ratio.

I knew that as soon as I read this thread title that this would somehow have to do with Lebron vs. Kobe, and from a mod no less. Lebron is a great player and a well-liked teammate, it's no surprise that he's number one on this list. I'm amazed Kobe is even number two on the list considering what he's gone through and the reputation he has. I swear that there are Cavs fans (and Laker fans as well supporting Kobe) that would rather see their star win the "oh so coveted best player/most respected player in the league award" as opposed to seeing their own team win the championship. It just blows my mind sometimes. We both have great teams with a great superstar on each, why can't we just concentrate on that and enjoy it as opposed to bashing the other team's star (as I said earlier this goes for laker fans as well). For the record, I think Lebron deserves MVP this year. My point is, Lebron is a great player and good teammate, with this survey backing that claim up...good for him. What the hell does it have to do with Kobe where every other poster has to bring him up?
:roll:
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by TheOUTLAW » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:29 pm

There is nothing wrong with having a thread about LeBron vs Kobe as long as you guys can act like adults when discussing it. The problem is that when it's done on the general board the posters can't discuss it without it degenerating to some stupid flame war. That won't happen here. It really is no different than the "who's MVP" thread on the Lakers board. If anything, I'd expect there to be alot of LeBron vs Kobe threads since they are generally agreed to be the best players in the NBA. There really is very little Kobe bashing that goes on here if any, but feel free to continue being passive aggressive.
CHIMOCHI
Starter
And1: 2

Post#15 » by CHIMOCHI » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:41 pm

why so sensitive?

list speaks the truth
u mad?
bynumsbreakout
Junior

Post#16 » by bynumsbreakout » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:00 pm

TheOUTLAW wrote:There is nothing wrong with having a thread about LeBron vs Kobe as long as you guys can act like adults when discussing it. The problem is that when it's done on the general board the posters can't discuss it without it degenerating to some stupid flame war. That won't happen here. It really is no different than the "who's MVP" thread on the Lakers board. If anything, I'd expect there to be alot of LeBron vs Kobe threads since they are generally agreed to be the best players in the NBA. There really is very little Kobe bashing that goes on here if any, but feel free to continue being passive aggressive.

passive aggressive? I was nothing but respectful in my post. I understand that there is nothing wrong with a Kobe vs. Lebron thread, I just didn't realize this was a Kobe v.s Lebron thread. It seemed like a thread about a survey to me. I don't read the Cavs board enough to know that most threads result in Kobe vs. Lebron. I apologize.
Chris435
Starter
And1: 58

Post#17 » by Chris435 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:03 pm

bynumsbreakout wrote:
TheOUTLAW wrote:There is nothing wrong with having a thread about LeBron vs Kobe as long as you guys can act like adults when discussing it. The problem is that when it's done on the general board the posters can't discuss it without it degenerating to some stupid flame war. That won't happen here. It really is no different than the "who's MVP" thread on the Lakers board. If anything, I'd expect there to be alot of LeBron vs Kobe threads since they are generally agreed to be the best players in the NBA. There really is very little Kobe bashing that goes on here if any, but feel free to continue being passive aggressive.

passive aggressive? I was nothing but respectful in my post. I understand that there is nothing wrong with a Kobe vs. Lebron thread, I just didn't realize this was a Kobe v.s Lebron thread. It seemed like a thread about a survey to me. I don't read the Cavs board enough to know that most threads result in Kobe vs. Lebron. I apologize.

lol, i find that hard to believe. If 32% of NBA players want LeBron, then I'm 100% sure you'd like to know where Kobe falls on that list.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by TheOUTLAW » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:34 pm

Actually Kobe is hardly even ever mentioned on this board, but I wouldn't be surprised if he were. And in fact this is not a Kobe vs. LeBron thread except for the fact that Kobe is the player that most want to play with after LeBron.
pistons_own
Veteran

Post#19 » by pistons_own » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:49 pm

TheOUTLAW wrote:According to Sports Illustrated

thts nothing
Don Ford
Analyst
And1: 1,042

Post#20 » by Don Ford » Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:37 am

LoveThemCavs wrote:
canomad wrote:

U mad?

I don't think Don Ford is implying any kind of spite toward LeBron or the Cavs. Maybe it's just me. I've seen many opposing fans think it's a pretty cool pregame picture of the team that makes things fun. And some shouldn't be instigating the Laker/Kobe fans to post nonsense here. They do have the season series on us 2-0.

Wasn't trying to start anything. The fake picture thing does seem a little corny to me but it is nice to see spontaneity. The NBA can get kind of stuffy some times and it is just a game. The poll doesn't really suprise me that much, it seems to me that Kobe is more along the lines of Jordan as a teammate, very demanding, whereas LeBron is closer to Magic, more outgoing and easier to get along with. But its' still all about winning, everyone gets along ok with their teammates if they're winning championships, even Shaq and Kobe managed to co-exist as long as they were winning titles.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers