ImageImageImage

Lebron vs Stevenson

Moderator: ijspeelman

yungal07
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#101 » by yungal07 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:09 am

Why would anyone hate on the Cavs? The Cavs are a mid-tier EC playoff team. That's aside from the fact that they are literally a one-man team with a bunch of junk and average players surrounding him.

Lebron (and Cavs fans) put himself on a pedestal, when in reality, he's not a good enough leader to get his team to the mountaintop. Wizards fans don't envy Lebron. We envy the Detroit Pistons.
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#102 » by B Mac » Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:12 am

So wait... someone's gonna need to refresh my memory here... Who was it we beat in the ECF last year? Oh yea thats right.

As for why would anyone hate on the Cavs? You should probably ask Gilbert and his blog that, or ask pretty much your entire fan base that. They sure do spend a lot of time hating on a one-man team with a bunch of junk.

Thanks for yet another great post yungal. This one ranks right up there with you saying that trading Haywood for Gibson was extremely lopsided in the Cavs favor.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#103 » by TheOUTLAW » Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:28 am

yungal07 wrote:Why would anyone hate on the Cavs? The Cavs are a mid-tier EC playoff team. That's aside from the fact that they are literally a one-man team with a bunch of junk and average players surrounding him.

Lebron (and Cavs fans) put himself on a pedestal, when in reality, he's not a good enough leader to get his team to the mountaintop. Wizards fans don't envy Lebron. We envy the Detroit Pistons.

You envy the Piston and yet we've proven we can beat them in a series and you haven't proven you can beat us. Whatever. Fact is, the Cavs were at the mountaintop last year. That's alot further than the Wiz have been in a generation.

envy whomever you'd like. I'd just as soon have no Wiz fans post over here anyway (Donkey McDonkerton excluded from that last comment).
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#104 » by B Mac » Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:33 am

TheOUTLAW wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

envy whomever you'd like. I'd just as soon have no Wiz fans post over here anyway (Donkey McDonkerton excluded from that last comment).

Cant we pass a rule on that or something?
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#105 » by TheOUTLAW » Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:52 am

Nah, as long as they aren't trolling, baiting, masking cursing etc they can post wherever they'd like. In fact it is interesting to get viewpoints different from your own. However, so many of them appear completely blinded by hate.
Donkey McDonkerton
General Manager
And1: 411

Post#106 » by Donkey McDonkerton » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:51 pm

TheOUTLAW wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

You envy the Piston and yet we've proven we can beat them in a series and you haven't proven you can beat us. Whatever. Fact is, the Cavs were at the mountaintop last year. That's alot further than the Wiz have been in a generation.

You rang?

All I know is DSteves dad can beat up Lebrons dad...so this whole feud is pointless anyway.

I don't envy the Pistons or the Cavs, I want to beat them both...both good basketball teams, and the Wiz need to take care of a good team to get their respect. I'm just hoping for the day (if there is one) when we can put a healthy team back on the court. As a fan, and not trying to be a homer, the Wiz have a VERY GOOD team when healthy...I thought they proved that before, it's just been a while.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#107 » by TheOUTLAW » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:15 pm

DONK!!!! Long time no see

Finally someone that can put together an argument for his favorite team without breaking the rules of the forum.

Yes the Wiz are a good team when healthy. Heck they are even pretty good when not healthy. I still think we could take them but as has already been shown, the games tend to be close.

By the way, does anyone know who who LeBrons father is? His primary father figure is still in jail because of mortgage fraud.
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#108 » by B Mac » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:16 pm

Donkey McDonkerton wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

All I know is DSteves dad can beat up Lebrons dad...so this whole feud is pointless anyway.

We'd probably have to find out who LeBron's dad is first.... Actually did anyone see that story on the news a couple years back about this guy that claims to be LeBron's dad? They had an interview with him and pictures of him from high school... looks a ton like LeBron. Dude was huge, wouldnt be surprised if that was LeBron's dad afterall.
Donkey McDonkerton
General Manager
And1: 411

Post#109 » by Donkey McDonkerton » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:23 pm

I know who Lebrons dad is, and that is why I said Stevensons dad could win the fight

Lebrons dad
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#110 » by TheOUTLAW » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:39 pm

You stupid
omarvelous
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#111 » by omarvelous » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:29 pm

devwat12 wrote:Little Brother Syndrome.

Wiz get hyped up to play the Cavs since Cleveland ended their season 2 straight times.

If this was a playoff game and Lebron hadn't played 46 minutes the night before, he would have torn the Wiz up like he always does.

I assume Stevenson is just trying to get some publicity. Can't blame him. After his showing in last season's playoffs (19%? That's 2x as bad as Larry Hughes!), I'd be trying to put myself back on the radar too.

hmm......

1st: The only reason you guys beat the wiz last year is obvious.
We were short 2 of our 3 all stars and the only one we had left torched you guys. The year before LeBron got away with a travel for the win for one of the games. since the series ended 4-2 that game would've made it go to a seventh game.

2nd: seven turnovers, no excuses

3rd: Deshawn hit a game winner 3 a couple games before that against New Orleans so I doubt he was looking for publicity

right now, wiz are .5 a game out of the 5th spot and we're catching up on toronto which means we could play cleveland again in the playoffs for 3 straight years. Since Caron is fine and Gil is nearing his return, I have a better feeling about the playoffs this time around. :wink:
GO WIZ!
LoveThemCavs
Analyst
And1: 143

Post#112 » by LoveThemCavs » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:13 pm

Game 1 box score shows me this on Sunday morning. Figured I might as well bump this thread since no one saw this coming. :lol:

LeBron "Overated" James- 41 minutes, 12-19 shooting, 32 points, 6 rebound, 5 assist, 1 steal, 2 blocks, 1 turnover

DeShawn "Supah-star" Stevenson- 38 minutes, 1-9 shooting, 3 points, 1 rebound, 5 assist, 1 steal, 1 turnover
Uncooked
Bench Warmer

Post#113 » by Uncooked » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:35 pm

omarvelous wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

hmm......

1st: The only reason you guys beat the wiz last year is obvious.
We were short 2 of our 3 all stars and the only one we had left torched you guys. The year before LeBron got away with a travel for the win for one of the games. since the series ended 4-2 that game would've made it go to a seventh game.

2nd: seven turnovers, no excuses

3rd: Deshawn hit a game winner 3 a couple games before that against New Orleans so I doubt he was looking for publicity

right now, wiz are .5 a game out of the 5th spot and we're catching up on toronto which means we could play cleveland again in the playoffs for 3 straight years. Since Caron is fine and Gil is nearing his return, I have a better feeling about the playoffs this time around. :wink:

The only reason the Cavs won the last two seasons was because the Wizards weren't quality basketball players, and the Cavs were.
goddago
Junior

Post#114 » by goddago » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:47 pm

Guess which Wizard has the following clauses in his contract...

The following is stated in the clearest language possible in order to strongly communicate messages to Deshaun. Failure to comply with these stipulations will result in his dismissal from the Washington Wizards.

a. Refrain from posting your credit card number on any public Web sites, particularly MySpace, Facebook or other social networks

b. No hookers

b1. Related to item b, no pimps

b2. Related to item b and b1, no guns, bullets, shooting and or other things related to gunfire and firearms

c. No rape (statuatory or otherwise)

d. No more high-profile relationships that you go out of your way to bring more prominently into the public eye

e. No more solicitation of high-profile women via your public or private MySpace page (white, black, yellow, in rehab or otherwise)

f. Related to items a, d, e and , potentially, b-b2 and c, NO COMPUTER. Effective game one of the NBA season the Washington Wizards request that DeShawn Stevenson hand over all Internet-connected devices. These devices shall be returned upon the completion of the season, granted Mr. Stevenson has complied with items a-e.

By the way, what's the real spelling on Mr. Stevenson's name anyway? Do you think the whole 'u' versus 'w' thing is a form of protection? "Nah, nah...mine's with a 'u' not a 'w'! I've never had a shootout outside my crib!!"

I don't think these are standard clauses in an NBA contract are they?
CatNation
Banned User

Post#115 » by CatNation » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:31 am

lol stevenson has successfully made himself the biggest joke of the 2008 NBA playoffs. :rofl: wizards are terrible.
Benedict_Boozer
RealGM
And1: 5,726

Post#116 » by Benedict_Boozer » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:51 am

Stevenson is just like the wiz fan base (donkey and a handful of others excluded) alot of talk they can't back up.
gflem
Analyst
And1: 276

Post#117 » by gflem » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:13 pm

yungal07 wrote:Why would anyone hate on the Cavs? The Cavs are a mid-tier EC playoff team. That's aside from the fact that they are literally a one-man team with a bunch of junk and average players surrounding him.

Enjoying the series so far? I dont envy the pistons losing game 1 at home, but I do envy the Wiz players, at least they get to take an early vacation every year.
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#118 » by fishercob » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:52 am

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/04/26/AR2008042602240_2.html?hpid=topnews

Wow. Ridiculous!

Honestly, Cav fans, aren't your a little disappointed in LeBron for engaging in this to this level? He says there's no feud and that he's not going to respond and let his play do the talking and then...this?

Seems like Mr. Global Icon has some growing up to do -- like MJ would ever get into anything like this. He'd just cut Deshawn's figurative heart out on the court...
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#119 » by TheOUTLAW » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:39 pm

The only reason that that idiot Stevenson is even talking is because he got a win. Who knows what LeBron supposedly said and frankly who cares. The people that perpetuate it are the ones that need to grow up.
CzBoobie
Assistant Coach
And1: 412

Post#120 » by CzBoobie » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:44 pm

fishercob wrote:http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/04/26/AR2008042602240_2.html?hpid=topnews

Wow. Ridiculous!

Honestly, Cav fans, aren't your a little disappointed in LeBron for engaging in this to this level? He says there's no feud and that he's not going to respond and let his play do the talking and then...this?

Seems like Mr. Global Icon has some growing up to do -- like MJ would ever get into anything like this. He'd just cut Deshawn's figurative heart out on the court...

Yeah, ridiculous...can't wait for game 4.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers