Trade Ideas

Moderator: ijspeelman

KuruptedCav
Analyst
And1: 1,126

Re: Trade Ideas 

Post#1741 » by KuruptedCav » Tue May 14, 2024 12:47 am

JujitsuFlip wrote:
KuruptedCav wrote:Mitchell for Ingram needs more added from the Pelicans than they should be willing to move.

And if the destination is somewhere else, then it depends on the asset split.

I’m glad the Cavs now have LeVert, Strus, Nieng, Wade as players who can fill out trades.

I still think the most likely scenario is Mitchell extending and the team pivoting to a Mitchell/Mobley core with Allen and Garland eventually being moved to add better complementary players (not necessarily better players).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
After this playoff run, Niang is negative value for sure.

Wade's injury history, always being at the end of the season, probably makes him less desirable.

I would probably hold onto Strus, guy would be a good 2, coming off the bench if they're able to get 3 starters for Allen and Mitchell.

I'm cool with moving on from LeVert this summer even if the Cavs make no other moves. I'm over the hot and cold inconsistencies. Just like good and bad Cedi all over again.

I wouldn’t dump anyone. I’m just commenting that post Mitchell trade the Cavs had no roster flexibility and no assets outside of their Core4.

I’m not saying John Collins (or Gordon Hayward or any other player) was the answer, but, the Cavs weren’t in a position to kick those tires last year and are in that position this year.

I like Strus, I like Levert, I like Okoro, I would like it more if someone was 6’8”

JujitsuFlip
General Manager
And1: 5,448

Post#1742 » by JujitsuFlip » Tue May 14, 2024 12:56 am

KuruptedCav wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:
KuruptedCav wrote:Mitchell for Ingram needs more added from the Pelicans than they should be willing to move.

And if the destination is somewhere else, then it depends on the asset split.

I’m glad the Cavs now have LeVert, Strus, Nieng, Wade as players who can fill out trades.

I still think the most likely scenario is Mitchell extending and the team pivoting to a Mitchell/Mobley core with Allen and Garland eventually being moved to add better complementary players (not necessarily better players).

After this playoff run, Niang is negative value for sure.

Wade's injury history, always being at the end of the season, probably makes him less desirable.

I would probably hold onto Strus, guy would be a good 2, coming off the bench if they're able to get 3 starters for Allen and Mitchell.

I'm cool with moving on from LeVert this summer even if the Cavs make no other moves. I'm over the hot and cold inconsistencies. Just like good and bad Cedi all over again.

I wouldn’t dump anyone. I’m just commenting that post Mitchell trade the Cavs had no roster flexibility and no assets outside of their Core4.

I’m not saying John Collins (or Gordon Hayward or any other player) was the answer, but, the Cavs weren’t in a position to kick those tires last year and are in that position this year.

I like Strus, I like Levert, I like Okoro, I would like it more if someone was 6’8”

I don't like Okoro at all, i hope he allows us to sign and trade him this summer.

LeVert just is what he is, which is inconsistent and after 3 seasons, I'm cool on that.
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,482

Post#1743 » by JonFromVA » Tue May 14, 2024 1:53 am

JujitsuFlip wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:I don't wanna trade #20 under any circumstance. The future is so cloudy, just getting a cheap young guy under control for 4 or 5 years is exactly what this team needs. If he turns into a stud, great but if he only becomes a role player, that is fine too.

We wasted time on Windler, time to scout better and make use of a late 1st rounder.

I agree, but I bet JBB would love to have a Naz Reid or PJ Washington level player right now.
For sure but neither guy was ever realistic.

Naz was off the market before the moratorium even opened and the Cavs were avoiding the tax like the plague this season so getting Washington in a S&T was never gonna happen. We also didn't have the pieces to get Washington, i guess is why we got Niang.

We'll see what the Cavs do. They have the MLE, they have a 1st rounder, they have plenty of tradeable guys. Regardless which way they go, the roster can be upgraded this summer.

That's the point, they can try to find the PJ Washington of this off-season.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#1744 » by JujitsuFlip » Tue May 14, 2024 2:06 am

JonFromVA wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
I agree, but I bet JBB would love to have a Naz Reid or PJ Washington level player right now.
For sure but neither guy was ever realistic.

Naz was off the market before the moratorium even opened and the Cavs were avoiding the tax like the plague this season so getting Washington in a S&T was never gonna happen. We also didn't have the pieces to get Washington, i guess is why we got Niang.

We'll see what the Cavs do. They have the MLE, they have a 1st rounder, they have plenty of tradeable guys. Regardless which way they go, the roster can be upgraded this summer.

They can try but if their target is restricted again, i assume it'll be a futile effort.
toooskies
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,762

Post#1745 » by toooskies » Tue May 14, 2024 2:18 am

LeBron showing up courtside in Cleveland for a playoff game does not indicate he's happy to retire quietly as a Laker.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,693

Post#1746 » by jbk1234 » Tue May 14, 2024 2:20 am

toooskies wrote:LeBron showing up courtside in Cleveland for a playoff game does not indicate he's happy to retire quietly as a Laker.

Not if the Lakers are going to be a first round out.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#1747 » by JujitsuFlip » Tue May 14, 2024 3:12 am

toooskies wrote:LeBron showing up courtside in Cleveland for a playoff game does not indicate he's happy to retire quietly as a Laker.
He'll be in wine and gold next season. I'm just nervous to see what a 40 year old LeBron salary looks like.

If we retain Garland and Mobley, idc who else is on the team, tbh.

LeBron on this squad and the Cavs win this series. People will call me crazy but i believe that.
KuruptedCav
Analyst
And1: 1,126

Post#1748 » by KuruptedCav » Tue May 14, 2024 12:38 pm

JujitsuFlip wrote:
He'll be in wine and gold next season. I'm just nervous to see what a 40 year old LeBron salary looks like.

LeBron on this squad and the Cavs win this series. People will call me crazy but i believe that.

Nobody calling you crazy on that. Lebron replacing Okoro and Nieng’s minutes and you’re going to the finals with a good shot to win.

But, is he Ton Brady or Aaron Rodgers…. Which is an always present specter that increases with age. I don’t think you can go all-in and he wants you to be all-in.

toooskies
Assistant Coach

Post#1749 » by toooskies » Tue May 14, 2024 1:24 pm

KuruptedCav wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:

Nobody calling you crazy on that. Lebron replacing Okoro and Nieng’s minutes and you’re going to the finals with a good shot to win.

But, is he Ton Brady or Aaron Rodgers…. Which is an always present specter that increases with age. I don’t think you can go all-in and he wants you to be all-in.

In the best case I think LeBron is replacing Strus and LeVert's minutes, assuming they'd have to go out in a sign-and-trade.

Luckily for the Cavs, they're already almost all-in so there's not much he can twist their arm into.
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#1750 » by JonFromVA » Tue May 14, 2024 2:39 pm

JujitsuFlip wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:For sure but neither guy was ever realistic.

They can try but if their target is restricted again, i assume it'll be a futile effort.

PJ was restricted, but Charlotte had enough forwards and didn't want to pay him. So we might have snagged him before he eventually extended with Charlotte if we had any assets to send their way.
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#1751 » by JonFromVA » Tue May 14, 2024 2:59 pm

LeBron might be signalling, or maybe he was visiting his home in Bath, checking on his various projects, meeting with Rich, and wanted to catch a playoff game.

Either way he has another decision to make and surprise surprise we have another big hole at the SF position just like in 2014, and maybe just maybe LeBron could still play SF at 40 if Allen and Mobley were there to help him or would we plan for him to start at PF?
ijspeelman
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
And1: 888

Post#1752 » by ijspeelman » Tue May 14, 2024 4:57 pm

I don't think Cavs sell low on Garland. I think they'll chalk up this year to bad luck and run him back

Don't want to sell a cost-controlled potential all-star for a low price
toooskies
Assistant Coach

Post#1753 » by toooskies » Tue May 14, 2024 5:03 pm

JonFromVA wrote:

LeBron might be signalling, or maybe he was visiting his home in Bath, checking on his various projects, meeting with Rich, and wanted to catch a playoff game.

Either way he has another decision to make and surprise surprise we have another big hole at the SF position just like in 2014, and maybe just maybe LeBron could still play SF at 40 if Allen and Mobley were there to help him or would we plan for him to start at PF?

When is anything that LeBron does not signaling? He fully knew what he was doing.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1754 » by jbk1234 » Tue May 14, 2024 5:10 pm

ijspeelman wrote:I don't think Cavs sell low on Garland. I think they'll chalk up this year to bad luck and run him back

The fact Garland scored 30 last night, against the Celtics and without Mitchell, should give everyone pause as far as their priors. It won't, but it should.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#1755 » by JonFromVA » Tue May 14, 2024 6:54 pm

toooskies wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:

When is anything that LeBron does not signaling? He fully knew what he was doing.

The question is who was he signalling?

After all, if he wants to tell the Cavs something he just has to let Rich know, and Rich will pass it on.

I think this is a case that if the Lakers jump through all the hoops LeBron expects he will remain in LA, but he doesn't want them to tank him for granted. Doing something as innocuous as showing up to a Cavs game might just push his Son in to the 1st round of the NBA draft. You'd think going on 40 he'd be at the end of his rope in terms of making that sort of a power play, but it's hard not to look at this Cavs team and not see them going to the finals if they could plugin James.

And that thought may be all it takes ...
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#1756 » by JonFromVA » Tue May 14, 2024 7:04 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
ijspeelman wrote:I don't think Cavs sell low on Garland. I think they'll chalk up this year to bad luck and run him back

The fact Garland scored 30 last night, against the Celtics and without Mitchell, should give everyone pause as far as their priors. It won't, but it should.

Garland scored 30 on 27 shots and only went to the line twice. Double his shot attempts in most other games and he would have done the same. I don't think that pushes the needle anywhere beyond the simple fact that he got 27 shots up without collapsing from exhaustion or back pain.

He's going to look a whole lot better with or without Mitchell when fully healthy, but it's fair to question whether we'll ever see him fully healthy for more than a few games before something else happens.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#1757 » by JujitsuFlip » Thu May 16, 2024 3:07 am

Sheesh, idk if it has even been an hour since the season ended and Shams already reporting Rich Paul will ask for Garland to be traded if Mitchell extends.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1758 » by jbk1234 » Thu May 16, 2024 3:23 am

JujitsuFlip wrote:Sheesh, idk if it has even been an hour since the season ended and Shams already reporting Rich Paul will ask for Garland to be traded if Mitchell extends.

Rich Paul can ask. We can say no.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#1759 » by JujitsuFlip » Thu May 16, 2024 4:08 am

jbk1234 wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:Sheesh, idk if it has even been an hour since the season ended and Shams already reporting Rich Paul will ask for Garland to be traded if Mitchell extends.

I'd break that duo up anyway, they're both lead guards, imo.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1760 » by jbk1234 » Thu May 16, 2024 10:44 am

JujitsuFlip wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

I'd break that duo up anyway, they're both lead guards, imo.

The first order of business is to get Mitchell extended. I'd listen on Garland, but I would not make a trade just to make a trade. If I didn't like the offers, Garland wouldn't be going anywhere.
cbosh4mvp wrote:

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers