Game 72: 76ers @ Cavs 3/15/2023

Moderator: ijspeelman

jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,612

Re: Game 72: 76ers @ Cavs 3/15/2023 

Post#21 » by jbk1234 » Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:17 am

For a lot of reasons, I feel like challenges shouldn't be reviewed by the crew on the floor. The league office should review them from NYC in real time.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,192

Post#22 » by El Hespiritu » Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:49 am

Probably would have some improvement but in this concrete case I can't feel that would make much difference.

Whether at court or from remote officiating no way they foul out an MVP candidate playing for a contender over an offensive foul without blood against a sophomore playing for an underdog team.

It will be worse at PO.
-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
-What if they don't listen?
-I kill them and throw them into the sea
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,470

Post#23 » by JonFromVA » Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:47 pm

jbk1234 wrote:I'm nervous that Okoro, Cedi, Stevens and Levert are using up all their made threes for March in this game.

Did JBB get out his crystal ball and come to the same conclusion?

He didn't go back to Stevens or Okoro after their opening stint in the 3rd.

Or maybe he just wanted to see if he could get Mitchell and Garland going?

Just seems weird that he did his crazy thing and played the two together, and the one time they were both making shots he decides to go away from it.

Anyway, we need to figure out a way to deal with Embiid and presumably that starts with having Allen healthy, otherwise it's not looking like we can stop him 4 out of 7.

Of course it doesn't help that the refs removed the option of fouling him out of the game, but we'll run in to that in the playoffs too.
ijspeelman
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
And1: 880

Post#24 » by ijspeelman » Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:34 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:I'm nervous that Okoro, Cedi, Stevens and Levert are using up all their made threes for March in this game.

Did JBB get out his crystal ball and come to the same conclusion?

He didn't go back to Stevens or Okoro after their opening stint in the 3rd.

Or maybe he just wanted to see if he could get Mitchell and Garland?

Just seems weird that he did his crazy thing and played the two together, and the one time they were both making shots he decides to go away from it.

Anyway, we need to figure out a way to deal with Embiid and presumably that starts with having Allen healthy, otherwise it's not looking like we can stop him 4 out of 7.

Of course it doesn't help that the refs removed the option of fouling him out of the game, but we'll run in to that in the playoffs too.

It did get to a point where he was obviously going to put Garland, Mitchell, LeVert, and Mobley out there and he needed to choose another guy to finish with. To me, it was either Okoro or Cedi and there are def perks for both so I'm not going to say he went the wrong way choosing Cedi. Cedi, even without making shots, usually makes the other team at least worry about him moving around and shooting which opens up some space for the other guys. Cedi did not make his shots and honestly I think the 6ers either didn't do a great job sticking with him or intentionally left him be. If was the latter, Okoro should have been swapped in since Cedi just wasn't making them at a high enough clip last night, but if we were actually taking advantage and getting Cedi the open shots then he did what he was supposed to do.

DMitch and Garland had very off shooting nights, especially based on the supposed shot quality their field goals seemed to have. The only Garland three make was an "ill-advised" (I don't actually think it was ill-advised because it was an attempted back breaker that worked + he can make that shot, but in most situations with a 3 on 1 you should try to get an easy one at the rim) transition movement three that he drained.

I actually loved how we played Embiid and if it requires him to shoot 63% from the floor on mostly hard and contested shots, we just have to live with that imo.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers