ImageImageImage

Barnes down to 2:

Moderator: ijspeelman

MagicFan32
RealGM
And1: 790

Re: Barnes down to 2: 

Post#21 » by MagicFan32 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:57 am

Barnes and VC are most definitely not downgrades from Hedo and Lee............
aol4532 on bill russell
I think if you put McGee back then, he would get those blocks just as easily as Russell did. Russell's athleticism was well ahead of the players of his time, and that's about it.
L&H_05
RealGM
And1: 94

Re: Barnes down to 2: 

Post#22 » by L&H_05 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:13 am

Well, I would definitely take Lee over Barnes any day of the week... I'd take him over Moon too..

Lee was simply a fantastic role player, and has the potential to do much more... Maybe not an all star caliber player, but perhaps an "elite" role player.. In that Mario Elie, Hersey Hawkins, Rick Fox, Jame Posey type of role.. He was only a rookie, but made quite the impression IMO... He wasn't afraid of many situations, and had the ability to take and make big shots, all the while being a real pesky defender, and great finisher..

Turk and VC is a unique comparison... The reason why I liked Turk a bit more for the Magic was his ability to post up, and also elevate over smaller defenders on his jumper.. VC is not going to post up as much..

If they were both 27 years of age, I would take VC, but it's not like VC is a significant upgrade over Turk or anything.. It's not like he brings another dynamic to the Magic offense that wasn't there before.. And more importantly, if the game is on the line, I'm taking Turk over VC in 2009... 2002 or 2003, I'm taking VC, but Turk has proven to also being a big shot maker..

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers