ImageImageImage

Nòmades D'en Ricky. The Grey Havens.

Moderator: ijspeelman

El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,192

Re: Nòmades CLEcaus 2nd Season. The Return Of The Ricky. We All Knew RRubio Would Eventually Be A Starter. 

Post#281 » by El Hespiritu » Fri Apr 7, 2023 12:50 am

Not a big fan of these fake rotations at the end of the season.
Looks too similar to tanking-ball (We don't care about winning the game... we're too busy calculating lottery odds or resting people who is not actually tired or developing virginal boys or any other lame sh*t fwim.

But poor minuteless people don't have a choice... they need to be grateful for any charity they get.

-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
-What if they don't listen?
-I kill them and throw them into the sea
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,660

Re: Nòmades CLEcaus 2nd Season. The Return Of The Ricky. We All Knew RRubio Would Eventually Start. 

Post#282 » by SunsRback4Good » Sat Apr 8, 2023 10:41 am

Poor Ricky coming back from a serious injury and now is a shell of his former self. Injuries sure suck but maybe Rubio can turn it around a bit the next year. This season his numbers are shockingly low. :(
JujitsuFlip
General Manager
And1: 5,458

Re: Nòmades CLEcaus 2nd Season. The Return Of The Ricky. We All Knew RRubio Would Eventually Start. 

Post#283 » by JujitsuFlip » Sat Apr 8, 2023 12:56 pm

SunsRback4Good wrote:Poor Ricky coming back from a serious injury and now is a shell of his former self. Injuries sure suck but maybe Rubio can turn it around a bit the next year. This season his numbers are shockingly low. :(
He said he plans to retire soon.
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,488

Post#284 » by JonFromVA » Sat Apr 8, 2023 2:55 pm

SunsRback4Good wrote:Poor Ricky coming back from a serious injury and now is a shell of his former self. Injuries sure suck but maybe Rubio can turn it around a bit the next year. This season his numbers are shockingly low. :(

Ricky wasn't that good last year either, but he was good when on the floor with Garland and that 2man is even better this year and way better than when he's on the floor with Mitchell.

Ricky isn't a sub for either of those guys, he's a PG who flourishes when he's playing with guys who can do stuff like pass, screen, cut, and shoot.

I haven't given up on his brain ...
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Post#285 » by El Hespiritu » Sat Apr 8, 2023 6:27 pm

As I said, we fanboys of poor homeless players without AS prestige must be grateful for any spare minute coins you rich guys from the uptown NBA can generously give him.

You're doing God's job here.

We will pray for you in return
-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Re: Nòmades CLEcaus 2nd Season. The Return Of The Ricky. Let's DNP Rubio. What Could Possibly Go Wrong? 

Post#286 » by El Hespiritu » Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:14 pm

We should had unleash La Mar over Brunson and RR over Barret since day one.
Randle guarded himself.
ijspeelman
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
And1: 889

Re: Nòmades CLEcaus 2nd Season. The Return Of The Ricky. Let's DNP Rubio. What Could Possibly Go Wrong? 

Post#287 » by ijspeelman » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:12 pm

El Hespiritu wrote:We should had unleash La Mar over Brunson and RR over Barret since day one.
Randle guarded himself.

At first, I wasn't down to Lamar too much, but seeing how Allen was doing, I felt like we should have used him more often. He only got used at the end of game 5.
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Post#288 » by El Hespiritu » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:17 pm

Individual bias aside, I always prefer deep rotations over tight ones.
I know it's a general NBA PO habit tho.
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Re: Nòmades CLEcaus 2nd Season. The Return Of The Ricky. The Last (NBA) Dance? 

Post#289 » by El Hespiritu » Tue May 30, 2023 5:34 pm

Ricky, in a Catalan podcast centered around FC Barcelona (he is an ex-FC Barcelona Basketball player) expressed his hesitations about how long he thinks he'll stay at USA.

Ricky Rubio wrote:I'm still under a two years contract for Cleveland...
...well... maybe one... we'll see...

I spare my thoughts about it at the moment.

I'll wait and see.

The interview got some funny items, (you can check if Youtube English Subtitles for Catalan works properly:

Ricky Rubio wrote:When all of that Covid stuff started, there were players calling the Players' Association asking if they could still smoke ganja... I phoned them to ask if we would still be paid our full salary
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#290 » by JujitsuFlip » Tue May 30, 2023 6:38 pm

Yeah, Ricky said last year he was probably only going to play 1 more season beyond 2022-23.
toooskies
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,774

Post#291 » by toooskies » Tue May 30, 2023 6:55 pm

El Hespiritu wrote:Ricky, in a Catalan podcast centered around FC Barcelona (he is an ex-FC Barcelona Basketball player) expressed his hesitations about how long he thinks he'll stay at USA.

Ricky Rubio wrote:I'm still under a two years contract for Cleveland...
...well... maybe one... we'll see...

I spare my thoughts about it at the moment.

I'll wait and see.

The interview got some funny items, (you can check if Youtube English Subtitles for Catalan works properly:

Ricky Rubio wrote:When all of that Covid stuff started, there were players calling the Players' Association asking if they could still smoke ganja... I phoned them to ask if we would still be paid our full salary

He has expressed before that his kids will take priority when they reach school age, which is when his Cavs contract ends.

And Rubio's hesitation there was probably due to the fact that the Cavs might cut him if he has another year like last year.
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Post#292 » by El Hespiritu » Tue May 30, 2023 7:05 pm

Nope, is not probably due to that fact.
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Post#293 » by El Hespiritu » Thu Jun 8, 2023 11:48 am

Chris Paul is in the market.

DON'T YOU DARE TO DO IT!
NOT AGAIN!!
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#294 » by JujitsuFlip » Thu Jun 8, 2023 12:40 pm

El Hespiritu wrote:Chris Paul is in the market.

DON'T YOU DARE TO DO IT!
NOT AGAIN!!
Cavs aren't gonna waste their time with a 38 year old dude. They refuse to go after any real SFs, presumably because of age.
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#295 » by JonFromVA » Thu Jun 8, 2023 3:38 pm

JujitsuFlip wrote:
El Hespiritu wrote:Chris Paul is in the market.

DON'T YOU DARE TO DO IT!
NOT AGAIN!!
Cavs aren't gonna waste their time with a 38 year old dude. They refuse to go after any real SFs, presumably because of age.

Who's a better influence/teacher ... Paul or Rubio?

Rubio is certainly more acclimated to the mentorship role, but I wouldn't mind DG and DM learning some tricks from CP3 (if he was willing to make the transition to backup PG). And he certainly shoots the 3-ball better and more consistently than Ricky.

On the other hand, I'm not sure I want them to learn all of Paul's tricks as the way he dominates his team's offense seems to have limitations in the playoffs.

Anyway, seems highly unlikely that Paul would want to come here, or that we'd even want to target a backup PG with our MLE, or that Paul would even accept a backup role.
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Re: Nòmades CLEcaus 2nd Season. The Return Of The Ricky. Niang and Strus? Well... it could be worse. 

Post#296 » by El Hespiritu » Sat Jul 1, 2023 11:43 am

My rushed and probably inaccurate take on them:

I think Niang will perform nicely or art least not disappointingly.
He could just do the same he did at Utah and Philly. He won't need further adjustments.

Struss is an unknown bet.
No way he can play at Ohio same bball he played at Miami: different rol, different systems, different approach to the game...
He'll need to re-invent himself to adapt and that's not easy.
Just ask Cari.

Can he maybe make it?
Sure.
Maybe.

Addendo: Cedi + La Mar is too much.
Specially La Mar.
ijspeelman
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
And1: 889

Re: Nòmades CLEcaus 2nd Season. The Return Of The Ricky. Niang and Strus? Well... it could be worse. 

Post#297 » by ijspeelman » Sat Jul 1, 2023 3:33 pm

El Hespiritu wrote:My rushed and probably inaccurate take on them:

I think Niang will perform nicely or art least not disappointingly.
He could just do the same he did at Utah and Philly. He won't need further adjustments.

Struss is an unknown bet.
No way he can play at Ohio same bball he played at Miami: different rol, different systems, different approach to the game...
He'll need to re-invent himself to adapt and that's not easy.
Just ask Cari.

Can he maybe make it?
Sure.
Maybe.

Addendo: Cedi + La Mar is too much.
Specially La Mar.

I’m glad we were able to keep Rubio. His on-court production has dwindled with the injury and age, but his brain is still there and I love him as a mentor/veteran presence.

I think Niang and Strus really upgrade Cedi and Lamar’s positions (though I will be sad to see both go). I’m happy that the Spurs find Lamar enticing and hope he can get another contract in the NBA. We definitely need another player to make up for Stevens back-up big minutes.

Side note: every young photo of Strus is hilarious.
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Re: Nòmades CLEcaus 2nd Season. The Last Ricky's Dance?. So Niang & Strus. Well... it could be worse. 

Post#298 » by El Hespiritu » Sat Jul 1, 2023 3:38 pm

I'd like to be so positive as you.

I have nothing against Max: I think he's a good player and he has even some hustle.

But I'm afraid we'll miss La Mar.
Badly.

Wish to be wrong.
JonFromVA
RealGM

Re: Nòmades CLEcaus 2nd Season. The Last Ricky's Dance?. So Niang & Strus. Well... it could be worse. 

Post#299 » by JonFromVA » Sat Jul 1, 2023 7:38 pm

El Hespiritu wrote:I'd like to be so positive as you.

I have nothing against Max: I think he's a good player and he has even some hustle.

But I'm afraid we'll miss La Mar.
Badly.

Wish to be wrong.

Toughness, heart, and hustle is not that hard to replace. Would be cool if we could find it in a backup C.

Niang and Strus are not the rebounders we need, but they're not softies.

Not to mention, we still have Okoro on the roster. He and Stevens weren't completely redundant, but this does mean JBB can't play them both at the same time which is a win.
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Re: Nòmades CLEcaus 2nd Season. The Last Ricky's Dance?. Mourning For La Mar 

Post#300 » by El Hespiritu » Tue Jul 4, 2023 10:37 am

Are you happy then?
Good for you.

I am not.
Bad for me.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers