Game 9: Cavs @ Warriors 11/11/2023

Moderator: ijspeelman

JujitsuFlip
General Manager
And1: 5,422

Re: Game 9: Cavs @ Warriors 11/11/2023 

Post#21 » by JujitsuFlip » Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:51 am

ijspeelman wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:Got the win, even though JB had to resort to an 8 man rotation to do it lol

I'll allow it. There was a plenty of rest in this game with it lasting 3 hours lmao
I'll have to see how bad the progressive fatigue is come April before i agree it is allowable in November.

But as we have all discussed in the past, at length; JB will do anything to retain his job.
afarmenian
Analyst
And1: 3,508

Post#22 » by afarmenian » Sun Nov 12, 2023 12:08 pm

Iwasawitness wrote:
afarmenian wrote:Despite the resident cheerleader doing what they do best. This team might hang and is still very much average when you look at the actual basketball.

I still cannot believe how unbelievable bad garland has been with the turnovers its baffling

No one's being a cheerleader here. It's called having a brain and using it.

But it was nice not having the usual suspects constantly complaining like usual. It's a good change of pace.

Why are you quoting me you claimed to have ignored me but looks like you can't help yourself

Please stop coming baiting. You have been warned twice.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#23 » by JujitsuFlip » Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:29 pm

I will say, i wish we had this matchup advantage when we played GSW 4 years in a row, in the finals lol
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,462

Post#24 » by JonFromVA » Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:51 pm

ijspeelman wrote:uhhh that Draymond Green 2nd technical was not in the cards for me lol. I mean, it was definitely intentional and was probably tech worthy (or flagrant one worthy), but a little worried about the implication of the decision to go back and call a tech

I'll always accept the refs going back and making a call right.

I think Mitchell triggered a flagrant foul protocol where the refs are obligated to go back and determine if there was a contributing factor.

So, one possible outcome was for them to determine from the get go that Mitchell committed a common foul and drive on; but we're talking Draymond here and if anyone deserves a second look it's him.

Anyway, I'm not taking anything away from the win. Beating the Dubs twice went a long way to getting the bad taste from losing to the Thunder out of my mouth. Caris is still fundamentally Caris, but having just turned 29 ... we are getting the prime version of him. I'm glad DG knocked in some 3's. Hopefully he's on his way back.
toooskies
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,728

Post#25 » by toooskies » Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:27 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
ijspeelman wrote:uhhh that Draymond Green 2nd technical was not in the cards for me lol. I mean, it was definitely intentional and was probably tech worthy (or flagrant one worthy), but a little worried about the implication of the decision to go back and call a tech

I think Mitchell triggered a flagrant foul protocol where the refs are obligated to go back and determine if there was a contributing factor.

So, one possible outcome was for them to determine from the get go that Mitchell committed a common foul and drive on; but we're talking Draymond here and if anyone deserves a second look it's him.

Anyway, I'm not taking anything away from the win. Beating the Dubs twice went a long way to getting the bad taste from losing to the Thunder out of my mouth. Caris is still fundamentally Caris, but having just turned 29 ... we are getting the prime version of him. I'm glad DG knocked in some 3's. Hopefully he's on his way back.

I think Mitchell purposely triggered the protocol to get the refs to review the previous play. Or was trying to provoke Draymond into a retaliatory step given how on-tilt he was. Didn't do the latter, but mission accomplished. Smart & tough at the same time, which we need more of on this team.

We're seeing Caris with spacing from the guys around him, which helps him perhaps the most of anybody on the team.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#26 » by JujitsuFlip » Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:49 pm

What was the first tech on Draymond? I couldn't find it.
Iwasawitness
Veteran
And1: 3,202

Post#27 » by Iwasawitness » Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:01 pm

JujitsuFlip wrote:What was the first tech on Draymond? I couldn't find it.

He was yelling at a ref about a foul call against him. Draymond wouldn't let it go and even got in his face, and that was the refs breaking point.
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:NBA: Stop kicking, punching, choking, and stomping on people.

Draymond: This is too much, I quit!
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,462

Post#28 » by JonFromVA » Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:14 pm

toooskies wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:

I think Mitchell purposely triggered the protocol to get the refs to review the previous play. Or was trying to provoke Draymond into a retaliatory step given how on-tilt he was. Didn't do the latter, but mission accomplished. Smart & tough at the same time, which we need more of on this team.

We're seeing Caris with spacing from the guys around him, which helps him perhaps the most of anybody on the team.

It was definitely escalating after Mitchell's foul and he could have easily been given a flagrant for it, but Draymond likely embellished the shove Donovan gave him. It did look premeditated on Mitchell's behalf, especially the way he immediately pointed at the other side of the floor.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers