Iwasawitness
Veteran
And1: 3,237

Re: Game 17: Hawks @ Cavs 11/28/2023 

Post#21 » by Iwasawitness » Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:11 pm

toooskies wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:
afarmenian wrote:
I mean....the latter sounds like a better player so don't see how that would happen. I think you would have to mean a good but lesser scorer that brings something else.

It's moot I think deep down if you love him or hate him we all have to know the cavs are not bold enough to back track on there crown Jewel trade target. We all can talk about it but barring a request or total implosion does anyone actually think they would deal him unless they were forced into it
They're not gonna fire JB or trade Mitchell this season.

My only hope is if Mitchell turns down the extension for the 2nd summer in a row, they're smart enough to trade him on the spot.

Mitchell dropped a "disappointed to miss the trip to Las Vegas, we'll just have to get there next year" in his postgame interview w/ Serena Winters in the arena, which shows a touch of long-term investment on his part.

I noticed that too. I’m not going to read much into it for now, but it’s something to keep in mind.
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:NBA: Stop kicking, punching, choking, and stomping on people.

Draymond: This is too much, I quit!
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,465

Post#22 » by JonFromVA » Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:35 pm

Iwasawitness wrote:
toooskies wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:They're not gonna fire JB or trade Mitchell this season.

My only hope is if Mitchell turns down the extension for the 2nd summer in a row, they're smart enough to trade him on the spot.

Mitchell dropped a "disappointed to miss the trip to Las Vegas, we'll just have to get there next year" in his postgame interview w/ Serena Winters in the arena, which shows a touch of long-term investment on his part.

I noticed that too. I’m not going to read much into it for now, but it’s something to keep in mind.

Nothing really to read in to it, he's still under contract at least through next season.

And no matter what might have been going on behind the scenes in Utah, Mitchell was always outwardly very professional. He even disputed Danny Ainge's comments after the trade that Mitchell and Gobert "didn't really believe in each other", claiming at the end of the season he had told the FO he felt they should keep Rudy and figure things out.

Time will tell, but we shouldn't assume we need to use the LBJ passive-aggressive detection filter on Mitchell.
toooskies
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,735

Post#23 » by toooskies » Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:54 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
Iwasawitness wrote:
toooskies wrote:Mitchell dropped a "disappointed to miss the trip to Las Vegas, we'll just have to get there next year" in his postgame interview w/ Serena Winters in the arena, which shows a touch of long-term investment on his part.

Nothing really to read in to it, he's still under contract at least through next season.

And no matter what might have been going on behind the scenes in Utah, Mitchell was always outwardly very professional. He even disputed Danny Ainge's comments after the trade that Mitchell and Gobert "didn't really believe in each other", claiming at the end of the season he had told the FO he felt they should keep Rudy and figure things out.

Time will tell, but we shouldn't assume we need to use the LBJ passive-aggressive detection filter on Mitchell.

Yeah, I mean it's entirely a generic statement that's not a promise, guarantee, or even most likely path forward.

But on the other hand you don't talk about "we" and "next year" unless you're OK with being a "we" next year. (Rather than planning to force your way to NY.)
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,465

Post#24 » by JonFromVA » Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:43 pm

toooskies wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
Iwasawitness wrote:

Yeah, I mean it's entirely a generic statement that's not a promise, guarantee, or even most likely path forward.

But on the other hand you don't talk about "we" and "next year" unless you're OK with being a "we" next year. (Rather than planning to force your way to NY.)

If he's about being a professional, then he will separate his wishes from his obligations to the team currently holding his contract.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager
And1: 5,434

Post#25 » by JujitsuFlip » Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:46 pm

toooskies wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:
afarmenian wrote:
I mean....the latter sounds like a better player so don't see how that would happen. I think you would have to mean a good but lesser scorer that brings something else.

It's moot I think deep down if you love him or hate him we all have to know the cavs are not bold enough to back track on there crown Jewel trade target. We all can talk about it but barring a request or total implosion does anyone actually think they would deal him unless they were forced into it
They're not gonna fire JB or trade Mitchell this season.

He didn't say with which team though ; )

I'm kidding, if Mitchell signs the extension this summer, I'll believe the trade was a win for the Cavs, even if they never reach the ECF or Finals.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers