JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,462

Re: Game 44: Clippers @ Cavs 1/29/2023 

Post#21 » by JonFromVA » Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:07 am

jbk1234 wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Not only was Westbrook getting the better of him, but the Clippers were really staying inside his shirt.

The second part is fine since that's real shooting gravity, the first part not so much.

jbk1234 wrote:Best win of the season aided by Lue deciding to go 5 out to close the game with Allen still on the floor.

Oh, I don't know about that. The Clippers went on an 11-3 run during that stretch to cut our lead to just 4.

Either way, nice to survive that, not something I take for granted.

I don't know where you're starting and stopping the run, but Allen scored 6 of our last 9 points starting at the 3:44 mark. Assisted on thr only other made bucket (Mitchell) and secured a couple of key defensive rebounds.

Cutting it at the point the lead closed to 4....

popcornmachine.net
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,575

Post#22 » by jbk1234 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:20 am

JonFromVA wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
The second part is fine since that's real shooting gravity, the first part not so much.

Oh, I don't know about that. The Clippers went on an 11-3 run during that stretch to cut our lead to just 4.

Either way, nice to survive that, not something I take for granted.

I don't know where you're starting and stopping the run, but Allen scored 6 of our last 9 points starting at the 3:44 mark. Assisted on thr only other made bucket (Mitchell) and secured a couple of key defensive rebounds.

popcornmachine.net

It's not like the Clippers put a center back in after the cut it to 4 though. Their performance with 5 out against Allen includes the entire time they ran with that.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#23 » by JonFromVA » Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:36 am

jbk1234 wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

popcornmachine.net

It's not like the Clippers put a center back in after the cut it to 4 though. Their performance with 5 out against Allen includes the entire time they ran with that.

Just saying they were having some success with their 5 out, but PG fouled out and we hit some shots to close the door.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,575

Post#24 » by jbk1234 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:19 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:

popcornmachine.net

Just saying they were having some success with their 5 out, but PG fouled out and we hit some shots to close the door.

Even PG fouling out is related to Lue going 5 out. He was trying to play rim protector and doing so while undersized for the role is going to lead to fouling.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#25 » by JonFromVA » Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:04 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

Even PG fouling out is related to Lue going 5 out. He was trying to play rim protector and doing so while undersized for the role is going to lead to fouling.

If you really want to dissect things to that level you should mention he was playing with a groin injury.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers