ImageImageImage

Lebron vs Stevenson

Moderator: ijspeelman

fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#121 » by fishercob » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:13 pm

TheOUTLAW wrote:The only reason that that idiot Stevenson is even talking is because he got a win. Who knows what LeBron supposedly said and frankly who cares. The people that perpetuate it are the ones that need to grow up.

Huh? What talking has Deshawn done since basically a month before the playoffs?

And yeah, the media is going to take this and run with it -- it's what they do.

I think today is the series. I think whoever wins today wins the series. It's gonna be a great game.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,883

Post#122 » by Wizardspride » Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:25 pm

TheOUTLAW wrote: Who knows what LeBron supposedly said and frankly who cares. The people that perpetuate it are the ones that need to grow up.

I would tend to agree with you Outlaw
but you or I don't know what LeBron
actually said about DeShawn or the Wiz.

And to be honest, I'm sure that if the shoe
was on the other foot, many Cavs fans
would have no problem with thier player
responding accordingly.
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
L&H_05
RealGM
And1: 94

Post#123 » by L&H_05 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:53 pm

If DeShawn didn't go media with it, it would be a non issue...
CzBoobie
Assistant Coach
And1: 409

Post#124 » by CzBoobie » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:57 pm

L&H_05 wrote:If DeShawn didn't go media with it, it would be a non issue...

I blame Drew Gooden...
gflem
Analyst
And1: 276

Post#125 » by gflem » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:43 pm

absolutely, Drew is the one who crossed the line first by repeating what was said the the locker room. I hope he enjoys watching the playoffs and playing on a bad chicago team since his mouth probably had a lot to do with him being there.

Oh, and fisher, why is lebron the one who has growing up to do? he spoke in the locker room, which is where they discuss their trade. he didnt go to the media, and he didnt go off on a rant against a player and team that had beaten them 6 straight times in the playoffs.

What gooden did is tantamount to insider trading if it is done in the financial world. He obviously had more loyalty to deshawn than the team he played for. I guess nobody ever taught deshawn sticks and stones.
thegame10
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#126 » by thegame10 » Thu May 1, 2008 7:53 am

Lebron is a godly basketball player but his ego will bring him alot of hate. What Stevenson did in my mind was the right thing. The little guy stand up for himself. But its getting out of hand with the jay z diss etc. Both players need to grow up...Lebron James mainly because what does he have to prove his game speaks for him. Deshawn will be remember as a thug...lebron will be great but if he continues this way his rep will be like melo.
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#127 » by Icness » Thu May 1, 2008 1:03 pm

You know what really bugs me about this whole thing? Deshawn Stevenson should be a real nice success story and nwo everybody thinks he's a mouthy joke. This guy went from being one of the worst players in the NBA for his first 3-4 seasons and worked his butt off to improve his skills. Now he's a quality contributor to a pretty good team. Normally I really root for guys like that, guys who refuse to accept not being good enough and genuinely put forth the effort to raise their game instead of just cashing checks. But all this nonsensical crap reminds me too much of the scared little brat in Toronto who couldn't get rid of the ball fast enough.
It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#128 » by Wizardspride » Thu May 1, 2008 1:59 pm

gflem wrote:He obviously had more loyalty to deshawn than the team he played for. I guess nobody ever taught deshawn sticks and stones.

Had more loyalty to one of his best friends? I would hope so.
I'm sure when you were younger you learned that sometimes
things you say have consequences.

I'm not saying that Stevenson handled it the right way
(he should have been more discreet) but something
was said and obviously he was offended.
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#129 » by TheOUTLAW » Thu May 1, 2008 2:08 pm

If you've ever been on a team, whatever happens in the lockerroom stays in the lockerroom. He might defend him there and stop it all immediately, but you don't talk about that with folks who weren't there at all, ever. It's a betrayal to your teammates.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#130 » by Wizardspride » Thu May 1, 2008 2:17 pm

TheOUTLAW wrote:If you've ever been on a team, whatever happens in the lockerroom stays in the lockerroom. He might defend him there and stop it all immediately, but you don't talk about that with folks who weren't there at all, ever. It's a betrayal to your teammates.

I've been on a few teams in my life and I do understand
the lockerroom ettiquette. But like anything else in life,
it's a judgement call. And apparently, Drew Gooden for
better or worse thought that Stevenson should know.

Look, I do think this is rather childish. But by the same
token, lockerroom or not, I do think that you can cross
the line. Not saying LeBron did that, but we'll
probably never really know.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#131 » by TheOUTLAW » Thu May 1, 2008 2:30 pm

Oh you can absolutely cross the line, but that is still up to Gooden to put a stop to and not for him to go telling someone else.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
gflem
Analyst
And1: 276

Post#132 » by gflem » Fri May 2, 2008 12:43 am

Part of the $7 mil or so that drew makes is for being a professional, which he obviously doesnt understand. The team isnt paying you for letting inside info out.

I understand loyalty to your friends, and I do understand that words do have consequences, but I learned that at a much younger age than deshawn apparently did. If drew wanted to stay loyal to his bud, he could and probably should have waited until the offseason.

and yes I do think the whole thing is pretty silly, I am of the opinion that its more the point of what drew did than anything that has come after.
Canomad
Banned User
And1: 69

Post#133 » by Canomad » Fri May 2, 2008 6:41 am

who is this deshawn stevenon guy again????

yeah a nobody why hes beefin with lebron is beyong me the nba should set up a ring and let them fight it out i got lebron in that one.
20MexicanosIn1Van
Veteran
And1: 318

Post#134 » by 20MexicanosIn1Van » Fri May 2, 2008 4:59 pm

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers