ImageImageImage

Lebron vs Stevenson

Moderator: ijspeelman

MoPetefor3
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Post#21 » by MoPetefor3 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:59 pm

On a side note, was anyone else dreaming of Lebron clotheslining Goofy Arenas to the floor on the sidelines lastnight? I can't stand Gilbert, he reminds me of a kid with ADHD.
With the ninth overall pick in the 2009 NBA Draft, the Raptors select Vyacheslav Kravtsov from the Ukraine. In Jim Kelly we trust!
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#22 » by B Mac » Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:07 pm

There's something about consistantly beating a team that takes the rivalry out of it. Yea I dont like any of the players, but I dont look at the Wizards and instantly think of them as rivals like I do Detroit. Usually in rivalries both sides have to beat the other team when it counts... Washington has yet to do that. Until they do they are just the annoying JV team that finally beat the Varsity in practice.
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#23 » by fishercob » Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:29 pm

Well it's good to see that Deshawn not only got under Lebron's skin, but some of Cav fans' too. Fanbase dislike is the stuff rivalries are made of.

Travel or not, the Cavs beat the Wiz in a closely contested series two years ago. If Cav fans are going to thump their chest about sweeping the Wiz without two all-stars last year, then the insecurity runs deeper than I thought.

The Wizards are significantly deeper and more talented than they were two years ago, and if they can just get friggin healthy can beat anyone in the east in a 7-game series. Heck, they beat the Celtics in a home and home back-to-back without Arenas.

So yeah, we love you guys too. Bring it.

:D
calibanPK
Pro Prospect
And1: 19

Post#24 » by calibanPK » Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:41 pm

fishercob wrote:The Cavs are significantly deeper and more talented than they were two years ago, and if they can just get friggin healthy can beat anyone in the east in a 7-game series.

i can do it too!
Benedict_Boozer
RealGM
And1: 5,726

Post#25 » by Benedict_Boozer » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:14 pm

I hope we play the Wiz again in the playoffs.

I'm really tired of hearing their fans say they are better than us and can beat us in a series. Time after time we beat them and they continue with that garbage. Some of them are even coming over here talking smack after a 2pt AT HOME after we came off a back to back like they proved something?

LOL.

And now a scrub like Stevenson is talking trash to Lebron? Man I hope we face them again in the playoffs :nod:
Wiz Fo Champz
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#26 » by Wiz Fo Champz » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:58 pm

Wow, so how many of you were Cavs fans before LeBron James came to town?

You just can't seem to resist trolling can you?
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#27 » by B Mac » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:29 pm

Is that the best shot you have left? Not that it matters really, but I've been a Cavs fan all my life. I have fond memories of going and seeing Price, Daugherty, and company battling MJ. Most of us on here are Ohioians who have been cheering on this team for some time.

I've been a fan long enough to know that Washington is 0-3 against the Cavs in the playoffs.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#28 » by TheOUTLAW » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:41 pm

Wiz Fo Champz wrote:Wow, so how many of you were Cavs fans before LeBron James came to town?

You just can't seem to resist trolling can you?

I've been posting on this board since before LeBron was on the Cavs. I've been a Cavs fan longer than you've been alive.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
L&H_05
RealGM
And1: 94

Post#29 » by L&H_05 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:47 pm

Hell, most Wiz fans probably became Wiz fans when 38 year old Michael Jordan showed up to play for them..
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#30 » by B Mac » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:53 pm

I was enough of a fan that I actually witnessed live 3 of the 17 wins the Cavs got in the 02-03 season.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#31 » by TheOUTLAW » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:54 pm

fishercob wrote:Well it's good to see that Deshawn not only got under Lebron's skin, but some of Cav fans' too. Fanbase dislike is the stuff rivalries are made of.

Travel or not, the Cavs beat the Wiz in a closely contested series two years ago. If Cav fans are going to thump their chest about sweeping the Wiz without two all-stars last year, then the insecurity runs deeper than I thought.

The Wizards are significantly deeper and more talented than they were two years ago, and if they can just get friggin healthy can beat anyone in the east in a 7-game series. Heck, they beat the Celtics in a home and home back-to-back without Arenas.

So yeah, we love you guys too. Bring it.

Gotta love the irony of calling Cavs fans insecure and then promptly telling us how good the Wiz are. That's just hilarious.

Sure you beat the Celts on back to backs but you promptly were anihilated by the Cavs shortly thereafter.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#32 » by TheOUTLAW » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:57 pm

B Mac wrote:I was enough of a fan that I actually witnessed live 3 of the 17 wins the Cavs got in the 02-03 season.

Now that is hardcore

I saw alot of those games (to this day I still don't know why) but didn't go to any of them. Of course I don't live in Cleveland either though.
fishercob
RealGM

Post#33 » by fishercob » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:00 pm

We've got a mix over on the Wiz board -- some who hopped on the bandwagon when MJ showed up in town, some high school kids who know none of the organization's history, and some long suffering fans who refuse to refer to the team as anything but the bullets.

I imagine you guys have a similar mix.

I love the rivalry personally. I lived in Columbus for two years (my screen name is a nod to OSU's b-school), my wife's family is from Cleveland, and one of my best friends played on Heights' state finalist team with Damon Stringer. I saw Lebron play at the Schott his junior year at SVSM.

Much as I imagine you guys were with MJ back in the day, I hate Lebron when he's playing the Wiz, but love seeing him when he's wearing the red white and blue. Loved him in SNL. Hate Damon Jones because he's a 'preening schmo' as Tony Kornheiser would say and he's killed the Wiz; but I imagine he'd be a fun guy to roll with for a night on the town.

As a Buckeye myself, I know how great rivalries are for sports, and hope the the Wiz-Cavs hatred grows. Get healthy, and hope to see you guys in the ECF.
fishercob
RealGM

Post#34 » by fishercob » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:06 pm

TheOUTLAW wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Gotta love the irony of calling Cavs fans insecure and then promptly telling us how good the Wiz are. That's just hilarious.

Sure you beat the Celts on back to backs but you promptly were anihilated by the Cavs shortly thereafter.

Dude, where did I say Cav fans are insecure?
calibanPK
Pro Prospect
And1: 19

Post#35 » by calibanPK » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:07 pm

fishercob wrote:We've got a mix over on the Wiz board -- some who hopped on the bandwagon when MJ showed up in town, some high school kids who know none of the organization's history, and some long suffering fans who refuse to refer to the team as anything but the bullets.

I imagine you guys have a similar mix.

I love the rivalry personally. I lived in Columbus for two years (my screen name is a nod to OSU's b-school), my wife's family is from Cleveland, and one of my best friends played on Heights' state finalist team with Damon Stringer. I saw Lebron play at the Schott his junior year at SVSM.

Much as I imagine you guys were with MJ back in the day, I hate Lebron when he's playing the Wiz, but love seeing him when he's wearing the red white and blue. Loved him in SNL. Hate Damon Jones because he's a 'preening schmo' as Tony Kornheiser would say and he's killed the Wiz; but I imagine he'd be a fun guy to roll with for a night on the town.

As a Buckeye myself, I know how great rivalries are for sports, and hope the the Wiz-Cavs hatred grows. Get healthy, and hope to see you guys in the ECF.

A sane Wizards fan? We welcome you! :nod:
Shanghai Kid
General Manager
And1: 1,364

Post#36 » by Shanghai Kid » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:07 pm

I'm not trying to troll here, but objectively speaking, neither team has played each other at full strength so I don't see how either side can act like their on some higher level.

I'm a Wizards fan, but until the Wiz beat the Cleveland in a playoff series, you guys are right. You're winning the rivarly.

But dominating? C'mon, put some perspective on that. Cavs fans, you swept a Wiz team without it's two best players in the playoffs. And we pretty much split the season series every year. And two years ago you beat a Wiz team by hitting 3 game winning shots. Is that the stuff that "domination" is made of? On top of everything else, you're only 5 games ahead of the standings despite the Wizards having wayyyyyyy bigger injury problems than what the Cavs have had. Do you really think the Cavs have a better roster when the Wiz are healthy? We can take that to the general board. Would Cleveland be a .500 team without Lebron James? The Wizards have missed their best player and than just missed their second best player for over 15 games.

But I really hope they play each other in the playoffs. You guys seem to think the Wizards suck, so I look forward to a playoff series.
L&H_05
RealGM
And1: 94

Post#37 » by L&H_05 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:09 pm

Rivalry is the wrong word..

Is this considered a rivalry ? Cause this basically sums it up..

B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#38 » by B Mac » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:18 pm

calibanPK wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

A sane Wizards fan? We welcome you! :nod:

Yea, there are several decent Wiz fans who come here from time to time. Obviously the bad ones stick out in our mind, but they do have quite a few class acts.

Shanghai Kid wrote:
I'm a Wizards fan, but until the Wiz beat the Cleveland in a playoff series, you guys are right. You're winning the rivarly.

But dominating? C'mon, put some perspective on that. Cavs fans, you swept a Wiz team without it's two best players in the playoffs. And we pretty much split the season series every year. And two years ago you beat a Wiz team by hitting 3 game winning shots. Is that the stuff that "domination" is made of? On top of everything else, you're only 5 games ahead of the standings despite the Wizards having wayyyyyyy bigger injury problems than what the Cavs have had. Do you really think the Cavs have a better roster when the Wiz are healthy? We can take that to the general board. Would Cleveland be a .500 team without Lebron James? The Wizards have missed their best player and than just missed their second best player for over 15 games.

But I really hope they play each other in the playoffs. You guys seem to think the Wizards suck, so I look forward to a playoff series.

Pretty much every playoff game is close. It comes down to closing the game out. The Cavs proved they could do that while the Wiz didnt. It doesnt matter if the win is by 20 (not likely) or by 1 (extremely likely) in the playoffs the only thing that matters is the W. We can throw last year out, thats fine. The fact remains that the series that counted we beat you 4-2. Thats a pretty significant win. My point is simply playoff games are supposed to be close, but the better team usually finds a way to win, which the Cavs did 4-2.

Looking at things by the way you guys try to spin it then us Cavs fans can say we were close to beating the Spurs. 2 of the games we lost by a bucket and the other 2 were close until late. Obviously that sounds foolish to say, but so do Wiz fans claims that the first series was that close.

Im not going to go out and say you havent had worse injury problems, because yes your's have been brutal, but flat out we have had wayyy more than our fair share as well. We have not played a single game all season with our full rotation. I dont know how many other teams can say that (besides the Clippers), but that makes things extremely tough. Injuries suck, but they are a part of the game that you have to overcome. Its shaping up to look like both teams should be healthy come playoff time (knock on wood) so hopefully then we can see what both squads can do at full health.

Oh and to show some respect to the Wiz allow me to say I would much rather play the Raptors even with Bosh than the Wizards.
LiquidFire
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#39 » by LiquidFire » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:20 pm

fishercob wrote:Stevenson's just being smart. If he can get under LBJ's skin even at all, than it's worth it. LeBron is Cleveland's best player by leaps and bounds. On a healthy Wiz squad, Stevenson is the 5th most important stater, and the 6th or 7th most talented player. If he can get an ounce of Lebron's focus off the task at hand, he's done his job.

Wiz believe that when healthy, they're the better team. While they certainly don't have a player as great as Lebron (does anyone aside of the Lakers?), I like their talent and depth more than Cleveland's too. We'll just have to see come playoff time.

Thats ok, condidering what lebron did to toronto, portland, detroit in the ecf, boston the last few years, from people getting under his skin, i also like what dashawn is doing, smart thing looking at the history of people getting under lebrons skin..
oikosnomos
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,934

Post#40 » by oikosnomos » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:48 pm

Wonder how long Stevenson has wanted to blurt something out but couldn't because he and the Wiz have been playing hot garbage against the Cavs.

I think it is very interesting how he waits until after the final regular season game with the Cavs and a win to start talking big :rofl:

What motivation is there for the Cavs play the Wiz anyway? Cavs have handled them for the past 3 years without much trouble...thanks Deshawne for giving Lebron a reason :)

I would love a Wizards/Cavs playoff matchup...I am sure the Wiz fans feel good about it too because win or lose they can cry about it until they feel better about it. I will just go ahead and predict that if we play the Wizards, the fans will complain first game about the reffing.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers