ImageImageImage

Question abt lebron

Moderator: ijspeelman

timdunkit
RealGM
And1: 585

Question abt lebron 

Post#1 » by timdunkit » Fri Aug 8, 2008 4:13 pm

Hey, im new to realgm. I have satellite and i watch a bit of Cavs game. I read a couple weeks an article where D'antoio said that lebron would be a PF in his system. Lebron is a beast of a speciman, he is absolutely amazing to watch. So my question is have the Cavs played lebron ever at the PF? and how is he at pf?
L&H_05
RealGM
And1: 94

Re: Question abt lebron 

Post#2 » by L&H_05 » Fri Aug 8, 2008 4:46 pm

LeBron would rather give birth to an elephant than post up on the block...
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#3 » by B Mac » Fri Aug 8, 2008 4:48 pm

onc o twce. dcent.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#4 » by TheOUTLAW » Fri Aug 8, 2008 5:40 pm

The Cavs went small with LeBron at the 4 several times last year. But, LeBron is not a big fan of the type of physical play that one would get regularly playing on the block. He's a great rebounder but it's obvious that he really doesn't like to mix it up.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
Benedict_Boozer
RealGM
And1: 5,695

Post#5 » by Benedict_Boozer » Fri Aug 8, 2008 6:27 pm

It's funny that LBJ doesn't like the banging down low because a huge part of his game is powering through defenders and drawing contact.

There's a difference between initiating contact and responding to it, I suppose.
timdunkit
RealGM
And1: 585

Post#6 » by timdunkit » Fri Aug 8, 2008 11:27 pm

Wow thanks for the replies. I agree with Benedict he takes alot of contact and he is extremely strong and fast and would absolutlely be a nightmare if posting up was part of his game. It just wierd to me because I've seen Kobe post up guys and i thought maybe Lebron would do more because he would absolutely crush anyone.
Cybulski37
Bench Warmer
And1: 9

Post#7 » by Cybulski37 » Sat Aug 9, 2008 9:13 pm

Another thing to consider is he can't post up as much since he is the main facilitator of the offense, making it difficult for him to have the ability to establish himself off the ball.
warriorfan650 wrote:Baron Davis = 2 All Star Games Played.
Jonathan Bender = 2 Games Played.

Owned!
The Main Event
Assistant Coach
And1: 576

Post#8 » by The Main Event » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:05 pm

Lebron does play with his back to the basket but not as a 4. IMO this is the best way to utilize Lebron. There are few 2,3's in the league that have an efficient back to the basket post game (ie. Melo, Kobe, younger T-Mac) and it is extremely difficult to defend against, especially when the guy backing you down is Lebron.
"A particular shot or way of moving the ball can be a player's personal signature, but efficiency of performance is what wins the game for the team."
- Pat Riley
Benedict_Boozer
RealGM
And1: 5,695

Post#9 » by Benedict_Boozer » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:48 pm

Cybulski37 wrote:Another thing to consider is he can't post up as much since he is the main facilitator of the offense, making it difficult for him to have the ability to establish himself off the ball.

You know the games where Lebron has made a real effort to play out of the post up he has actually been a more effective passer. The game that comes to mind is that elimination game against Washington where he kept posting up and skipping passes all over the court to open shooters.

His court vision from down low is really exceptional and with his ability to make those one hand passes anywhere on the floor it is almost the same effect of having a great post up big man.

I think that will be the future of his game. When his athleticism declines he will still be quicker than most bigs and stronger than any wings, and should be able to adapt his game to the post up.
Bamboozled
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#10 » by Bamboozled » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:52 pm

Good point Boozer. The post will eventually be where Lebron does most of his damage. He doesn't have a tremendous amount of moves in the post, in part because he hasn't fully developed a turnaround midrange jumper. Remember that Michael Jordan was arguably the best post player in the league, and Lebron technically should be way better than Jordan on the block, simply because he's taller and stronger.
Go Cavs!

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers