ImageImage

Game 51: Atlanta @ Milwaukee; 1:05 PM 5/28

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,445

Post#21 » by trwi7 » Mon May 28, 2007 10:09 pm

It's so stupid to bat a rookie in his first few games in the majors 3rd in the lineup. Just unbelieveably stupid.

I'll give Braun a semi-pass it was his first home game he was probably trying to do too much.

Hall needs to figute it out soon. And Mench just needs to get the hell out of town.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,199

Post#22 » by MickeyDavis » Mon May 28, 2007 10:55 pm

I was at the game today. Pathetic. Lots of boos for Weeks and Hall. Braun got a pass, I'm fine with that. Hardy isn't doing squat either. :nonono:
Captain Erv
General Manager
And1: 78

Post#23 » by Captain Erv » Mon May 28, 2007 11:01 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:I was at the game today. Pathetic. Lots of boos for Weeks and Hall. Braun got a pass, I'm fine with that. Hardy isn't doing squat either. :nonono:

To be fair, he did hit a couple of balls real hard that if things were still going right for us, would have gotten through.
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#24 » by WEFFPIM » Mon May 28, 2007 11:36 pm

Captain Erv 40 wrote:To be fair, he did hit a couple of balls real hard that if things were still going right for us, would have gotten through.

I'm sorry, what? An out's an out.

Not trying to pick a fight, Hardy's not the problem right now. I just don't get how after Game 1 in LA, Hall had a fantastic night in the 7 hole. So Ned moves him to 4 (which I didn't mind to start) and he collapses again. But he doesn't move him back to 7? I was flamed for saying that Hall may have a down year after his contract extension, I'm waiting to be proved wrong.

The question going into the season was the offense and who that huge bat was gonna be that pitchers feared. Well, the Brewers found two, but it's the rest of the offense that has fallen flat on its face. Why in God's name is Ryan Braun in the 3 hole after being a major leaguer for 4 friggin' days? Put him at 6 where he's not being relied on to produce.

And my God, Rickie Weeks...if Graffanino wasn't so awful I would say bench his ass, but there's no other option right now.

I'm mad at this team right now, and will be until they can rattle off 3-4 in a row, but what on earth is going to change for that to happen? Now the Brewers are screwed in this series with the pitchers they face now.

My frustration will pass, but I don't think many of you can blame me in saying that right now, I feel like I'm watching the Brewers of the last 14 years and I'm tired of it.
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
Captain Erv
General Manager

Post#25 » by Captain Erv » Mon May 28, 2007 11:41 pm

willeatfire4playoffsinmil wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Not trying to pick a fight, Hardy's not the problem right now. I just don't get how after Game 1 in LA, Hall had a fantastic night in the 7 hole. So Ned moves him to 4 (which I didn't mind to start) and he collapses again. But he doesn't move him back to 7? I was flamed for saying that Hall may have a down year after his contract extension, I'm waiting to be proved wrong.

The question going into the season was the offense and who that huge bat was gonna be that pitchers feared. Well, the Brewers found two, but it's the rest of the offense that has fallen flat on its face. Why in God's name is Ryan Braun in the 3 hole after being a major leaguer for 4 friggin' days? Put him at 6 where he's not being relied on to produce.

And my God, Rickie Weeks...if Graffanino wasn't so awful I would say bench his ass, but there's no other option right now.

I'm mad at this team right now, and will be until they can rattle off 3-4 in a row, but what on earth is going to change for that to happen? Now the Brewers are screwed in this series with the pitchers they face now.

My frustration will pass, but I don't think many of you can blame me in saying that right now, I feel like I'm watching the Brewers of the last 14 years and I'm tired of it.

I understand an out is an out. I'm just saying that he wasn't up there seemingly blind-folded, swinging at air like Hall and Weeks.

And yes, that ten game home stand seemed like ages ago. We have done nothing since then to prove we weren't a mediocre team beating bad teams at home.
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Post#26 » by Buck You » Tue May 29, 2007 12:39 am

willeatfire4playoffsinmil wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I echo every single thing you said. It's ridiculous right now. We can not get one fricken hit when it matters. We rely on the solo home runs to do anything. Weeks and Hall are just up there swinging at air and Mench is just absolutely pitiful. We have to score runs if we want to win the division. Right now we are lucky we are in such a bad division. That's why I'm still optimistic about this team, we are in such a bad division and play our division much more that I think we will win it easily. But we have to step up now. Yost needs to put a fire under every players' asses andd motivate them right now!
trwi7
RealGM

Post#27 » by trwi7 » Tue May 29, 2007 1:18 am

So who is the next victim of having their game thread record take a mark because of poor play?
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

Captain Erv
General Manager

Post#28 » by Captain Erv » Tue May 29, 2007 1:26 am

trwi7 wrote:So who is the next victim of having their game thread record take a mark because of poor play?

I think it has taken a toll on all of us. I think you are up again, bro.
trwi7
RealGM

Post#29 » by trwi7 » Tue May 29, 2007 1:38 am

Captain Erv 40 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I think it has taken a toll on all of us. I think you are up again, bro.

I hope goirish can confirm it. I'll wait a while and see if he posts in here if he says yes I'll make the best game thread you've ever seen.

Captain Erv
General Manager

Post#30 » by Captain Erv » Tue May 29, 2007 2:13 am

trwi7 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I hope goirish can confirm it. I'll wait a while and see if he posts in here if he says yes I'll make the best game thread you've ever seen.

Well it was RBCV, me, gorish, and willeat...I'd say get crackin' on the greatest game thread of all-time to get us off this losing streak. God knows we are going to need it against Smoltz.
hunerman
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#31 » by hunerman » Tue May 29, 2007 2:18 am

I'm a Brave fan in Milwaulee and think these two teams are very similar.
I think that once Braun gets more experience, he'd be able to easily drive those runners in.
Also Billy Hall and JJ Hardy didn't do as well as they are accustomed to be playing

Anyway.... Can't wait to watch the rest of the series, and can't wait for the matchup of Sheets and Smoltz
Jason Kidd Fan
Mavs Fan
Nets Fan
Bucks Fan
Travis Deiner Fan
goirish2107
Rookie

Post#32 » by goirish2107 » Tue May 29, 2007 3:45 am

well the original order was weffpim rbcv trwi7 cpt e, me....but since we suck right now i'm fine switching it up....it'll be like cappy taking sheets start right now. so go trwi7, god speed, or whatever...kick some **** ass
goirish2107
Rookie

Post#33 » by goirish2107 » Tue May 29, 2007 4:22 am

after today's loss: "We're still in first place, so there's no reason in panicking. Yeah, we're not playing as well, but we're still in first place and that's all that matters." -- Brewers outfielder Bill Hall

doesn't strike me as the right attitude to be taking here. i know its one line, but still.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,842

Post#34 » by Ayt » Tue May 29, 2007 5:45 pm

I see it the same way. What the hell does panicking ever get you?

Baseball is a game of patience. The more you press, the worse you play.

Return to Milwaukee Brewers