ImageImage

Game 137: Houston @ Milwaukee; 9-3-07; 1:05 CT

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

Asher
Starter
And1: 159

Post#321 » by Asher » Mon Sep 3, 2007 10:15 pm

take it as you will, but:

Brewers principal owner Mark Attanasio gave Yost a vote of confidence before the game, despite the team's recent slide and mounting fan criticism. "There's certainly no reason to think he won't be back next year," Attanasio said.

from yahoo sports' post-game wrap.
Ryan5UW
General Manager
And1: 1,053

Post#322 » by Ryan5UW » Mon Sep 3, 2007 10:16 pm

Asher wrote:take it as you will, but:

Brewers principal owner Mark Attanasio gave Yost a vote of confidence before the game, despite the team's recent slide and mounting fan criticism. "There's certainly no reason to think he won't be back next year," Attanasio said.

This means nothing, he's just drunk from all the Miller he had to chug down to stomach this game...
JoeWolfFan
Junior
And1: 0

Post#323 » by JoeWolfFan » Mon Sep 3, 2007 10:22 pm

At the same time, I think Attanasio puts his trust in Melvin.

Look at Melvin's options:

A) Keep Yost for next year and have a lame duck manager
B) Give him an extension
C) Fire him

Option A is never an option in my opinion. You can't give the guy an extension after this crap. C is the only choice if we miss the playoffs.
It's a matter of opinion, and your opinion is wrong.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,445

Post#324 » by trwi7 » Mon Sep 3, 2007 10:26 pm

Ah the dreaded vote of confidence. See ya Ned. :clap:
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,764

Post#325 » by msiris » Mon Sep 3, 2007 10:27 pm

Anyway we can email this guy like Harris?
Ride the tank
fam3381
General Manager
And1: 172

Post#326 » by fam3381 » Mon Sep 3, 2007 10:28 pm

I'm now going to go watch some Yi highlight videos to make myself feel better.
Retired Bucks blogger. Occasional Bucks podcaster.
livestrong4ever
General Manager
And1: 140

Post#327 » by livestrong4ever » Mon Sep 3, 2007 10:32 pm

MadCityBucky wrote:I blame Turnbow, Aguino and Ned Yost for this pathetic loss.

EDIT: I forgot JJ.

Dont forget about gross in that error.

Aquino doesn't desevre to be up in the majors. Deosn't ned learn from the past. This is the same kind of loss on april 20th. But once agian when we loose the cubs loose and the cards loose big suprse big suprirse. Oh yeah vinny gets robbed :nonono:

So much blame to go around on this team it just isn't ned. Turnbow, Mcclunkg aquino gross spurling. I don't see how this team makes the playoffs i hate trying to be optimistic with this team and then the bullpen cant pick up the team and then they make stupid ass plays in right field.

Well we are 1.5 games should be .5 games back and aqiuno should be sent down. Jesus Christ if this guy pitches agian in the majors thats so **** up.

I cant even talk about this team or baseball right now.
trwi7
RealGM

Post#328 » by trwi7 » Mon Sep 3, 2007 10:35 pm

Yost gets blame because he brought in Aquino, McClung and Spurling.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

livestrong4ever
General Manager

Post#329 » by livestrong4ever » Mon Sep 3, 2007 10:38 pm

trwi7 wrote:Yost gets blame because he brought in Aquino, McClung and Spurling.

yeah he desevres some of the blame for the loss so does all the pitchers who cant make plays or gross who cant make a simple out. it all started with turnbow. Shouse should have been left in. But i dont get how everyetime we blow up a lead the cubs loose too. we shouldnt be 1.5 games back with the way we have been playing.
trwi7
RealGM

Post#330 » by trwi7 » Mon Sep 3, 2007 10:39 pm

Yost's press conference. "You go with the numbers taking out Shouse and putting in Aquino."

Oh really Ned? So you couldn't go with the numbers with the bases loaded and 2 outs in the 9th against the Cubs where you let Mench bat but now you go with the numbers to try to defend you indefensible move.

How much longer are you going to contradict yourself? Well probably until you get fired at the end of the year.

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,205

Post#331 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Sep 3, 2007 10:41 pm

Attanasio certainly heard the boos we were reigning down during the Shouse/Aquino debacle.
livestrong4ever
General Manager

Post#332 » by livestrong4ever » Mon Sep 3, 2007 10:42 pm

trwi7 wrote:Yost's press conference. "You go with the numbers taking out Shouse and putting in Aquino."

Oh really Ned? So you couldn't go with the numbers with the bases loaded and 2 outs in the 9th against the Cubs where you let Mench bat but now you go with the numbers to try to defend you indefensible move.

How much longer are you going to contradict yourself? Well probably until you get fired at the end of the year.

Yost wont get fired because some how this **** we call a **** team will back in to the playoffs.
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#333 » by WEFFPIM » Mon Sep 3, 2007 10:44 pm

trwi7 wrote:Yost's press conference. "You go with the numbers taking out Shouse and putting in Aquino."

Or if you do go with the numbers, go with your right handed closer for a 4-out save, perhaps?
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
livestrong4ever
General Manager

Post#334 » by livestrong4ever » Mon Sep 3, 2007 10:46 pm

willeatfire4playoffsinmil wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Or if you do go with the numbers, go with your right handed closer for a 4-out save, perhaps?

I was hoping he would do that too. Yost never does that. I never rememember him doing that once even with turnbow . or kolb.
whatthe_buck!?
Banned User
And1: 163

Post#335 » by whatthe_buck!? » Mon Sep 3, 2007 11:00 pm

JoeJohnson2two wrote:you all do realize that if Ned has a job tomorrow, this team won't make the playoffs and odds are they won't even finish over .500 right?

Not to toot my own horn, but I have been of this opinion since we were 11 games over .500 back on the 15th of May.
Asher
Starter
And1: 159

Post#336 » by Asher » Tue Sep 4, 2007 12:05 am

whatthe_buck!? wrote:Not to toot my own horn, but I have been of this opinion since we were 11 games over .500 back on the 15th of May.

not to toot my own horn, but i've been of that opinion since FOREVER.
whatthe_buck!?
Banned User
And1: 163

Post#337 » by whatthe_buck!? » Tue Sep 4, 2007 12:09 am

Asher wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

not to toot my own horn, but i've been of that opinion since FOREVER.

Touche :)

Return to Milwaukee Brewers