ImageImage

Brewers/Nats Series

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,994

Re: Brewers/Nats Series 

Post#41 » by Turk Nowitzki » Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:24 pm

Bernman wrote:I would immediately feel significantly better if they brought Jeffress back. That's the reunion they needed

Jeffress is currently sporting a 6.89 ERA is 15.2 innings of work for the Lexington Legends of the Atlantic League. Not sure why he would make you feel significantly better other than the fact that you recognize his name.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,279

Post#42 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:08 pm

Hunter Strickland has a 1.25 ERA and a .465 opponent OPS since joining the Brewers lol.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,185
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#43 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:12 pm

Ha, yeah...I am somewhat with Bern that I expected at least one other bigger name reliever to be acquired. That said, it ain't Jeffress.

Also, I am hoping/assuming they have some guys ready to come up and put on a Burnes 2018 type performance of throwing gas for 2 innings coming up from the minors.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,994

Post#44 » by Turk Nowitzki » Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:56 pm

Kerb Hohl wrote:Also, I am hoping/assuming they have some guys ready to come up and put on a Burnes 2018 type performance of throwing gas for 2 innings coming up from the minors.

I am hoping this can be where Aaron Ashby comes in. He was throwing upper 90's with movement with nasty breaking stuff out of the pen the other day. Just a matter of if his command can match his raw stuff to be trusted in important moments right away this season or not.
leroyjw10
Sixth Man
And1: 1,270

Post#45 » by leroyjw10 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:04 pm

Come the playoffs, how many bullpen arms are they really going to use? Assuming Burnes, Woody, Freddy and Anderson/Lauer are used as the four starters, that leaves nine guys I'd trust out of the bullpen: Hader, Williams, Boxberger, Cousins, Strickland, Suter, Ashby, Houser and Anderson/Lauer.

It's also entirely possible at least one of Norris, Gustave (no runs in 7 innings so far) or Topa get some work. There may not be any household names after Hader and Williams, but still a nice selection to choose from.
leroyjw10
Sixth Man
And1: 1,270

Post#46 » by leroyjw10 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:05 pm

Turk Nowitzki wrote:
Kerb Hohl wrote:Also, I am hoping/assuming they have some guys ready to come up and put on a Burnes 2018 type performance of throwing gas for 2 innings coming up from the minors.

I am hoping this can be where Aaron Ashby comes in. He was throwing upper 90's with movement with nasty breaking stuff out of the pen the other day. Just a matter if his command can match his raw stuff to be trusted in important moments right away this season or not.

The highlight reel from Ashby's outing yesterday is Pitching Ninja's wet dream.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,279

Post#47 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:12 pm

Ashby was known as a 92-95 guy, and maybe that's what he'll end up being as a starter. But yea, watching him hit 99 with movement and throwing breaking pitches for strikes was absurd.
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,121

Post#48 » by LittleRooster » Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:44 pm

Bernman wrote:
Iheartfootball wrote:So you didn't like the moves.

I didn't like the half-hearted attempt. I think all they conceded was one decent prospect. That's why you get one reliever with a decent or better ERA to rely on.

I think they should realize how great of a chance they have to win it all this year and that chance doesn't come around regularly. So it's worth losing something later for the benefit now.

Curtiss was a really good move that didn’t work out. But just because he’s not a more known name, doesn’t mean he wasn’t a really quality arm.

Same with Cousins. Might not be a name but look at his stuff.

Will Sammon had a really good article just on this very thing the other day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to Milwaukee Brewers