Re: Brewers/Phillies Thread 

Post#21 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Sep 7, 2021 2:11 am

It took me literally three minutes to get perma-banned on there tonight. :lol:
buckbeer
Bench Warmer
And1: 874

Post#22 » by buckbeer » Tue Sep 7, 2021 2:17 am

For unknown reason, the Brewers are much better away from home, they have the best away record in the MLB. At home, they are 7 games over .500, while away they are 22 games over .500. Home field might not be an advantage for the Brewers this postseason.
buckbeer
Bench Warmer

Post#23 » by buckbeer » Tue Sep 7, 2021 2:29 am

ReasonablySober wrote:It took me literally three minutes to get perma-banned on there tonight. :lol:

There's a reason why the number of posters and posts have dropped substantially since that forum's heyday many years ago. The cancel culture is strong there and there are so many moderators.
buckbeer
Bench Warmer

Post#24 » by buckbeer » Tue Sep 7, 2021 2:32 am

Magic number is now 13

tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,603

Post#25 » by tski1972 » Tue Sep 7, 2021 2:59 am

buckbeer wrote:Magic number is now 13

Don’t disrespect Roy Howell like that.
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
buckbeer
Bench Warmer

Post#26 » by buckbeer » Tue Sep 7, 2021 3:39 am

tski1972 wrote:Don’t disrespect Roy Howell like that.

buckbeer
Bench Warmer

Post#27 » by buckbeer » Tue Sep 7, 2021 3:45 am

One of my all-time favorite number 13 player

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,280

Post#28 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Sep 7, 2021 1:11 pm

tski1972 wrote:
buckbeer wrote:Magic number is now 13

Don’t disrespect Roy Howell like that.

:noway:
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#29 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Sep 8, 2021 1:52 am

Needed this one after yesterday.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#30 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Sep 8, 2021 2:25 am

Read on Twitter

Incredible staff.
buckbeer
Bench Warmer

Post#31 » by buckbeer » Wed Sep 8, 2021 2:52 am

Stearns won this trade, Lauer and Urias have been great this season. Urias has more homers and a higher OPS than Grisham, while Lauer is the fourth best starter in the Brewers rotation.
buckbeer
Bench Warmer

Post#32 » by buckbeer » Wed Sep 8, 2021 2:55 am

Nice blowout revenge win after yesterday's blowout loss.

Magic number is now 12

DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#33 » by DrWood » Wed Sep 8, 2021 3:00 am

trwi7 wrote:Image

lol, I wish I would've taken a screen shot of what got me this ban so you could all lol.

Basically went down like this.

Guy says Woodruff has been okay since the all-star break despite this game and he's worried about Peralta, probably because of the shoulder injury, because, well, duh, you should be worried about a shoulder injury and says our playoff hopes rested on them being aces but maybe we'll be fine with them just being good.

Guy jumps down his throat basically saying to enjoy the ride instead of bitching about every little thing.

I correctly point out that it gets annoying with posters constantly jumping down the throats of everyone who has the tiniest negative comment and that they could just ignore it.

PeaveyFury comes in and comes up with like 3 different posts that he edited including "irony much?" "pot, kettle?" and some other post similar to that that I don't remember.

I come back and say not really because I'm not saying he can't post it it's just annoying and bizarre how a bunch of posters just immediately jump on anyone with a perceived negative comment and how the poster who was jumped on didn't even say anything that negative to deserve a response like that.

PeaveyFury comes back and only quotes the "Not really" part of my post and says well you're basically saying he can't post that and doing the exact same thing you said he shouldn't be doing and just ignoring things that bother you.

So I took the ignoring things that are bothering you part and replied "Unfortunately, I can't ignore mods. 8-)

I was permanently banned from there many years ago. Went like this: I pointed out the fallacies in a poster's logic. Suggested there was something wrong with the way they think. The poster was a loooong-time female poster and the silverbacks that moderated the site felt they needed to defend her from me (although I didn't even know she was female at the time and she didn't make a big thing about it). BTW, if any of you folks are female on this site, I have no idea.
beyond_the_arc
Starter
And1: 46

Post#34 » by beyond_the_arc » Wed Sep 8, 2021 7:12 am

DrWood wrote:
trwi7 wrote:Image

lol, I wish I would've taken a screen shot of what got me this ban so you could all lol.

Basically went down like this.

Guy says Woodruff has been okay since the all-star break despite this game and he's worried about Peralta, probably because of the shoulder injury, because, well, duh, you should be worried about a shoulder injury and says our playoff hopes rested on them being aces but maybe we'll be fine with them just being good.

Guy jumps down his throat basically saying to enjoy the ride instead of bitching about every little thing.

I correctly point out that it gets annoying with posters constantly jumping down the throats of everyone who has the tiniest negative comment and that they could just ignore it.

PeaveyFury comes in and comes up with like 3 different posts that he edited including "irony much?" "pot, kettle?" and some other post similar to that that I don't remember.

I come back and say not really because I'm not saying he can't post it it's just annoying and bizarre how a bunch of posters just immediately jump on anyone with a perceived negative comment and how the poster who was jumped on didn't even say anything that negative to deserve a response like that.

PeaveyFury comes back and only quotes the "Not really" part of my post and says well you're basically saying he can't post that and doing the exact same thing you said he shouldn't be doing and just ignoring things that bother you.

So I took the ignoring things that are bothering you part and replied "Unfortunately, I can't ignore mods. 8-)

I was permanently banned from there many years ago. Went like this: I pointed out the fallacies in a poster's logic. Suggested there was something wrong with the way they think. The poster was a loooong-time female poster and the silverbacks that moderated the site felt they needed to defend her from me (although I didn't even know she was female at the time and she didn't make a big thing about it). BTW, if any of you folks are female on this site, I have no idea.
Just for bleeps and giggles, I tried to figure out if I could remember my login for BF.net tonight as it's been close to a decade since I wasted my time on the overly sensitive boards. Found my last post was in 2012 after registering in 2004. Took a couple tries to get logged in, read part of a thread, yep, nothing has changed. Maybe I'll check back in 2031.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
Postby SubyWill on Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:53 pm

Magic fan checking in, holy **** Harris is legit. Your GM should be fired.

No ****.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,186
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#35 » by Kerb Hohl » Wed Sep 8, 2021 3:20 pm

buckbeer wrote:Stearns won this trade, Lauer and Urias have been great this season. Urias has more homers and a higher OPS than Grisham, while Lauer is the fourth best starter in the Brewers rotation.

Going back to this one - there are trades that feel pretty even but it honestly felt like an absolute steal for the Brewers with the one risk being Urias never developing any power. It looks like when we widen the lens, we win again.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,102

Post#36 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Sep 8, 2021 4:06 pm

Last night we pitched our 17th shutout. The franchise record is 23 set in 1971. That team went 69-93
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,179

Post#37 » by Iheartfootball » Thu Sep 9, 2021 12:15 am

That could have been a huge first inning. JBJ just can’t seem to get going all season.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,909

Post#38 » by blazza18 » Thu Sep 9, 2021 12:17 am

Would’ve loved a bigger lead after that innings
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,179

Post#39 » by Iheartfootball » Thu Sep 9, 2021 12:40 am

Feels like it should 7-1 at this point.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 3,021

Post#40 » by BUCKnation » Thu Sep 9, 2021 1:02 am

Urias just killing us rn