ImageImage

Brewers/Stewards of the Game Series

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Re: Brewers/Stewards of the Game Series 

Post#41 » by DrWood » Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:33 am

Kerb Hohl wrote:I'm hoping this performance pushes him down the pecking order for the playoffs. We should need less of the 2nd tier relievers anyways but Boxberger has a Jeffress 2018 feel to him. He's going to get slaughtered in the playoffs.

But Cousins hasn't been particularly good after his scoreless streak ended and Ashby has had better stuff than results. And Houser as the 7th inning guy might be wasting him.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,104

Re: Brewers/Stewards of the Game Series 

Post#42 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:16 pm

You need 4 starters in the playoffs. It will be Woody, Burnes, Peralta and... Lauer has been great in September. 4 starts, 24 innings, 23 K, OBA .136 and ERA of 1.09. He faced Atlanta once in relief and didn't pitch well, 3 innings, 3 ER. Houser has been great in September too though. 4 starts, 25 innings, 18K .182 OBA and a 1.80 ERA. He faced Atlanta once as a starter. 3 innings, 2 ER.

If we're just going by recent pitching Freddie has a 4.08 ERA in 4 September starts. He's been worse than Lauer or Houser. BUT he did have one start against Atlanta, 6 IP, 2 hits, no runs.

My guess is Houser is the 4th starter against Atlanta unless CC wants a lefty. Or maybe they use the opener approach in game 4 depending on how the series is going. Or maybe we sweep or get swept and there is no game 4. Or maybe we face the Phillies not the Braves. Or maybe we're the wild card team ;)
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.

Return to Milwaukee Brewers