ImageImage

Can some one post the insider article about the brewers?

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Can some one post the insider article about the brewers? 

Post#1 » by Nowak008 » Wed May 2, 2007 6:44 pm

Not the whole thing, but some of the good stuff.
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,074

Post#2 » by MickeyDavis » Wed May 2, 2007 6:54 pm

Nothing really major. Praise for Melvin for his drafting and trades. Talk about Braun, that although he has made only 1 error so far this year he doesn't look comfortable at third and maybe they should put Hall at third and Braun in the outfield.

It says the Brewers weakness is defense, mentioning Weeks (who I think has played some very good defense), Hardy (they said he has average range) and the outfield (Jenkins and Hart have "average" gloves).

Said they need the return of "vintage" Sheets from 2004.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,248

Post#3 » by ReasonablySober » Wed May 2, 2007 6:58 pm

It's lengthy but there's nothing in there that you don't know. Basically a long summary of the roster and whether they came in house or not. They say a major strength is the late game bullpen help. That we'll get help whenever Braun and Yo come up. The primary weakness being the defense (wonders why Hall struggles to learn CF when 3B sits unmanned).

Pretty much it.
goirish2107
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#4 » by goirish2107 » Wed May 2, 2007 7:38 pm

did say that they might move bush to the pen if they need to shore it up (or maybe to bring up gallardo?) Said that Turnbow has never thrown strikes consistently for any time ever. didn't he have around 40 saves one year?
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,792

Post#5 » by Ayt » Wed May 2, 2007 9:10 pm

His talk about T-Bow and the defense are off. T-Bow posted a 1.74 ERA and had 39 saves his first year here. He definitely threw strikes while doing that.

I strongly disagree about bringing up Gallardo. I'd hate to see him pitch too many innings this year.

Hardy has more range than "average at best." Jenks played Gold Glove caliber D in LF two years ago. I haven't seen any drop off from him this year. Hart has very good range for a righty, though I still don't have a good read on his arm; it certainly isn't weak though. Hall has definitely struggled in CF, but he has a cannon.

Weeks has become less error prone, but I agree with him about giving up range. When was the last time you saw him backhand a ball? He can't go to his right at all.

I agree with him completely about 3B. Braun needs to be brought up soon.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,328

Post#6 » by El Duderino » Wed May 2, 2007 9:15 pm

I strongly disagree about bringing up Gallardo. I'd hate to see him pitch too many innings this year.

Bullpen later in the year
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,792

Post#7 » by Ayt » Wed May 2, 2007 9:43 pm

El Duderino wrote:

Bullpen later in the year

Not a bad idea.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,248

Post#8 » by ReasonablySober » Wed May 2, 2007 9:57 pm

Isn't he more likely to pitch more innings in the minors this season than the majors? I don't really understand your argument Ayt.

If the club feels he's done all the think he can do at the AAA level, why not bring him up where you can use him as a 5th starter or long reliever like they are doing with Villanueva? He'll pitch less innings this way than if he's trotted out there every fifth day in AAA.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,328

Post#9 » by El Duderino » Wed May 2, 2007 10:14 pm

DrugBust wrote:Isn't he more likely to pitch more innings in the minors this season than the majors? I don't really understand your argument Ayt.

If the club feels he's done all the think he can do at the AAA level, why not bring him up where you can use him as a 5th starter or long reliever like they are doing with Villanueva? He'll pitch less innings this way than if he's trotted out there every fifth day in AAA.

I see Gallardo being in the minors until

1.An injury hits the rotation where he makes say 1-3 starts,maybe even for Cappy if he has to miss a week or two.If a significant injury hits a rotation member,my guess is Villanueva takes the rotation spot and the team would seriously have to consider bringing up Gallardo.Maybe though they would use Gallardo in the rotation and keep Villanueva in the pen.

2.Gallardo continues to do well in AAA and the Brewers simply need bullpen help around July or August.

Return to Milwaukee Brewers