ImageImageImageImageImage

Carlos Beltran traded to the Giants.

NYman15
Veteran
And1: 23

Carlos Beltran traded to the Giants. 

Post#1 » by NYman15 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:21 pm

SI_JonHeyman Jon Heyman
beltran has 24 hours to approve trade agreed to. mets paying significant $ to sf, get back zach wheeler. #tradedeadline
5 minutes ago

http://twitter.com/#!/SI_Jonheyman

It pretty much sounds like its a done deal according to multiple reports. It sounds like they got back Zach Wheeler, their top pitching prospect and a top prospect in MLB. So, it sounds like a great deal for the Mets. and I think Sandy Alderson did a great job on this deal.
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,074

Re: Carlos Beltran traded to the Giants. 

Post#2 » by Pharmcat » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:15 pm

hate to say it, but the NYM made out BIG TIME
krustytheclown
Lead Assistant
And1: 8

Post#3 » by krustytheclown » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:26 am

YES! ZACK WHEELER FOR BELTRAN IS AN ABSOLUTE STEAL ON SANDYS PART
NYman15
Veteran

Post#4 » by NYman15 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:35 am

It was a great trade for the Mets. They got a great prospect in Wheeler. Sandy did a great job.
treiz
RealGM
And1: 564

Post#5 » by treiz » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:56 am

krustytheclown wrote:YES! ZACK WHEELER FOR BELTRAN IS AN ABSOLUTE STEAL ON SANDYS PART

Absolutely delighted by this. Can't wait to see some Zach Wheeler, I hope we get to see him pitch towards the end of the season.
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,523

Post#6 » by RIPskaterdude » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:25 pm

treiz wrote:
krustytheclown wrote:YES! ZACK WHEELER FOR BELTRAN IS AN ABSOLUTE STEAL ON SANDYS PART

Absolutely delighted by this. Can't wait to see some Zach Wheeler, I hope we get to see him pitch towards the end of the season.

Wheeler is probably 1-2 years away from going to the Majors, so I doubt they'll want to rush him that soon.
treiz
RealGM
And1: 564

Post#7 » by treiz » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:11 pm

xx_skaterdude_xx wrote:
treiz wrote:

Wheeler is probably 1-2 years away from going to the Majors, so I doubt they'll want to rush him that soon.

Meh, a man can hope right? Kind of hoping that since we probably won't make the play-offs, and our pitching rotation is not very good, we might give Wheeler a bit of a push
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,523

Post#8 » by RIPskaterdude » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:01 am

Honestly, if you guys want Wheeler to be the player he could be, I would wait until at least next year to call him up. Give him another year in the minors.
NYman15
Veteran

Post#9 » by NYman15 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:36 pm

They're not going to rush him. This FO isn't like the last regime. Their gonna take their time developing players. Sandy even said him being in the majors next year is pushing it. Its much more likely Harvey is up first as he is farther developed. He just went 7 innings 1 run 10 k's yesterday in AA. So, he seems to be getting much more comfortable. But Wheeler in the majors next year is unlikely. They have 4 top of the rotation potential starters in the minors right now with Harvey, Wheeler, Familia, and Mejia. Mejia is coming off Tommy John surgery but he was dominating AAA before he got hurt and Familia is a 21 year old flame thrower who has a mid 2.00 era in AA so the minors have some really good arms in the minors.

Return to New York Mets