ImageImageImageImageImage

Mets hire Tommy Tanous as their new scouting director.

NYman15
Veteran
And1: 23

Mets hire Tommy Tanous as their new scouting director. 

Post#1 » by NYman15 » Thu Nov 3, 2011 11:08 pm

"The Mets announced they have hired a Tommy Tanous as their new scouting director.

Tanous joined the Mets prior to the 2011 season as a professional scout and assisted in the amateur draft this past June. He served as a scout in the Northeast for the Rangers in 2003 and held the same position with the Brewers from 1996-2002.

Tanous never played professional baseball but played at the American International zcollege in Springfield, Massachusetts from 1990-1991."

http://www.metsblog.com/2011/11/03/chad ... or-padres/

I don't know much about Tommy Tanous. However, I think the farm system has improved a ton over the past few years. I like that the front office has put an emphasis on building from within. I'm excited to see how they draft next year as it's possible they could have two 1st round picks if they lose Jose Reyes, not that I want Reyes to leave, but another 1st round pick could be very valuable. They spent more money on the draft this year and I think that will help in improving the farm. I'm excited to see how some of the Mets top prospects perform next year.

Return to New York Mets