ImageImageImageImageImage

*METS Playoffs '15* - WORLD SERIES v. K.C.

Latrell
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,552

Re: **NLDS: Mets-Dodgers** LET'S GO METS!!! 

Post#21 » by Latrell » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:37 am

Way to go Mets! My NL team!
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 39,411

Post#22 » by KnicksGod » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:39 am

vallen wrote:great moved to the tumbleweed section of this site. still stubbornly sacrificing hits (probly thousands tonight) trying to force us places we are never going to stay ?

you guys know where your bread is buttered by now, focus on that.

anyway Go Mets dear crickets.

It's now a stickied topic on the Knicks Board.
NYKnickerbocker
RealGM
And1: 13,598

Post#23 » by NYKnickerbocker » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:41 am

Degrom put Ls on both Clayton and Grenike. Mans the real deal

Let's get them Cubs out the way now
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 10,212

Re: NLDS: Mets-Dodgers 

Post#24 » by Stannis » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:02 am

islanders11040 wrote:Move this ish back to the Knicks forum. I wanna actually discuss this game tonight. Not just have the masses ignore it in the Mets forum. F trying to build the baseball portion of RealGM. We can make threads in the knicks forum about other major sporting evens such as boxing, ufc, football, but have to have the mets discussion in this desolate area?
kingquan316 wrote:True, I don't think anyone even goes to the mlb forums. Some probably don't even know it exists :lol:

That's not entirely true. Active forums like the Raptors and LA basketball forums are really active for their respective baseball teams as well, and it'd be cool if our Met forum was too.

Just putting this out there, I don't report this thread to the global moderators or admins or anything like that. I just let them decide what to do with.

I volunteered for the Mets moderator because I thought it could've used an active moderator and help get that place active in case one of the higher power decides to move Mets related threads back to the baseball forum. It might happen. It might not. It would be awesome if we all just used the Mets forum. That way we don't have to worry about where the topic is/moved or whatever.
Free Palestine
islanders11040
Head Coach
And1: 6,933

Post#25 » by islanders11040 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:04 am

Wow what a game by Murphy and Degrom. Degrom absolutely grinded 6 innings and Murphy had the most clutch moments this game. Familia gets props for 6 outs too.
Stannis
RealGM

Post#26 » by Stannis » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:24 am

I was nervous all game. What a game!

Game 5:

Murphy was just incredible. Very experienced and composed player. Him and Granderson were the only real threats to Greinke.

Wright, Cespedes, and Duda.... They were taking bad swings. They would look at a strike right down the pipe and swing at a breaking ball in the dirt. Hopefully they don't do this kind of crap against the Cubs.

Familia's 6 out save. He closed every game. I felt bad that he had to bat though, lol. He was swinging mad hard.

Thor with a nice hold and set up.

Half of DeGrom's pitches were with runners in scoring position (freaking Turner). It was very impressive, but, imo, you can get away with this against the Dodgers, not so much the Cubs.

Series:

Murphy was incredible the whole series. Our offense MVP. Him and Granderson were the only threats to Greinke and did well against Kershaw as well.

Lot of the batting stats actually look worse than they are. Many of our players just stat padded in that Game 3. Wright, Duda, and Cespedes have to step it up. Wright had good battles with Kershaw, but that's about it. He was batting well below 100 :/ Terry Collins is in a tough spot tbh. If Duda and Wright do that kind of stuff in the first couple games against the Cubs, he might have to think about putting Kelly Johnson and Cuddyer in there.

The starting pitching was awesome. I love these guys. I get chills every time the camera shows them on the mound, especially Thor and his 100mph fastball. He seems to really like the post season.

I thought Familia was over worked. Mets can get away with letting a team like the Dodgers see him a lot, but I won't be as confident against the Cubs.

Lastly, I am sooooo happy we didn't lose to the Dodgers after that dirty Utley slide. I still hope he gets some suspension and fine.
Free Palestine
islanders11040
Head Coach

Post#27 » by islanders11040 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:29 am

How happy are you not to have to see Kershaw and Greinke over and over
Stannis
RealGM

Post#28 » by Stannis » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:31 am

Well the Cubs will surely be harder on our pitchers. But I guess the tradeoff is that we won't have to face a 1 and 2 pitcher like Greinke and Kershaw in a condensed series. But Arrieta is beasting and they have more pitching depth than the Dodgers did.

I think the relief pitching is what will keep the Mets from going all the way. Reed, Clippard, Colon, Niese, Robles, these aren't guys I want to pitch an inning in a post season game tbh. Too bad Wheeler is injured, because it looks like our starting pitchers are our best relief pitchers (not including Familia).
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,375

Post#29 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:31 am

Free Palestine
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#30 » by KnicksGod » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:33 am

I was just walking on 6th Avenue and ESB is celebrating
too >>

HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#31 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:37 am

What a tough outing by deGrom who struggled incredibly for the first 3 innings. Then, to his credit, Terry Collins came out and settled him down in that 3rd inning when things looked like they were about to get out of hand. After that, Jacob got into a nice rhythm and cruised through the 6. I, like Keith, though deGrom would go back out for the 7th and was surprised to see Noah out there. Then after he shut the Dodgers in the 7th, I thought for sure TC would send him back out for the 8th. But he brought Familia in for the 6 out save and, thankfully, it worked to perfection.

Also, Murphy and Grandson were just incredible the entire series.

So onto the Cubbies who, unlike the Dodgers, have a very good line-up. Gonna be a tough series. Harvey will have to step it up.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#32 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:37 am

KnicksGod wrote:I was just walking on 6th Avenue and ESB is celebrating
too >>

Is that Yoenis's sexpenis?
Free Palestine
islanders11040
Head Coach

Post#33 » by islanders11040 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:37 am

Wonder if Syndergaard can pitch game 2 on Sunday. If he can it would lineup our pitching perfectly.
Game:
1-Harvey
2-Thor
3-Degrom
4-Matz
5-Harvey
6-Thor
7-Degrom

Get to pitch Thor at home game 2 and 6. Degrom pitches away game 3. He isnt effected playing on the road. And if necessary he closes it game 7 at home. Only question is if Thor is ready for game 2. He pitched only 1 inning today but warmed up multiple times today.

*edited
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#34 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:41 am

islanders11040 wrote:I wonder if Syndergaard can pitch game 2 on Sunday. If he can it would lineup our pitching perfectly.
Game:
1-Harvey
2-Thor
3-Degrom
4-Matz
5-Harvey
6-Thor
7-Degrom

Only question is if Thor is ready for game 2. He pitched only 1 inning today but warmed up multiple times today

I believe so. Today was probably his day to throw anyhow and he only pitched one inning, which was a solid move by TC.
Free Palestine
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#35 » by KnicksGod » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:41 am

I really see JDG and Syndy as very similar. Syndy's stuff is maybe even more bite.

Also love that Syndy has fire -- he was pissed to lose G2. Came back and got his baseball redemption at JUST the right moment.
Stannis
RealGM

Post#36 » by Stannis » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:43 am

Thor looks straight up badass on the mound

101mph fastball for a SP is just insane.
Free Palestine
riter
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,531

Post#37 » by riter » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:00 am

HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#38 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:15 am

Stannis wrote:Well the Cubs will surely be harder on our pitchers. But I guess the tradeoff is that we won't have to face a 1 and 2 pitcher like Greinke and Kershaw in a condensed series. But Arrieta is beasting and they have more pitching depth than the Dodgers did.

I think the relief pitching is what will keep the Mets from going all the way. Reed, Clippard, Colon, Niese, Robles, these aren't guys I want to pitch an inning in a post season game tbh. Too bad Wheeler is injured, because it looks like our starting pitchers are our best relief pitchers (not including Familia).

Don't forget about Lester. He's no slouch either.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#39 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:17 am

KnicksGod wrote:I really see JDG and Syndy as very similar. Syndy's stuff is maybe even more bite.

Also love that Syndy has fire -- he was pissed to lose G2. Came back and got his baseball redemption at JUST the right moment.

Syndy? I love to see you call him "Syndy." :lol:
Free Palestine
Stannis
RealGM

Post#40 » by Stannis » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:21 am

Somebody tell these guys they got a game Saturday!

Free Palestine

Return to New York Mets