ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Minor League News Thread - 2007

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

NYKnSTILL!
Banned User
And1: 0
Location: In his deposition, Thomas denied any fireworks. "I'm not attracted to her, no," he said.

Post#81 » by NYKnSTILL! » Fri May 4, 2007 3:34 pm

ANGEL REYES
The career numbers are staggering thus far.
Angel Reyes, who entered the year giving up
just 64 hits in 128 career innings and has held
opposing batters to .136 batting average, wants
to be more unhittable and he plans on doing that
by throwing more strikes.
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User
Location: In his deposition, Thomas denied any fireworks. "I'm not attracted to her, no," he said.

Post#82 » by NYKnSTILL! » Mon May 7, 2007 4:16 pm

THE CLIP SHOW ?

Tyler Clippard had a great start today,
going 7 innings while striking out 11, walking 1 and
allowing 5 hits. This is his first dominant start of the
season, which hopefully means that he is starting
to adjust to AAA. If he continues this type of performance,
he could make a case to become the Yankees
5th starter sooner rather than later.

CALL HIM MR. KENNEDY :)

Ian Kennedy, the former USC star, had a
strong outing for Tampa last night, going 8 innings,
allowing 3 hits, 1 walk, and striking out 4.
Kennedy has been dominating high-A so far,
and should see Trenton by the summer.
Kennedy could be promoted to fill a spot that
will be vacated when Chase Wright or Jeff Marquez
are promoted to Scranton, to fill the slot formerly
occupied by Phil Hughes.
nykgeneralmanager
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 306

Post#83 » by nykgeneralmanager » Mon May 7, 2007 4:38 pm

They are pissing me off that they have not promoted Kennedy yet. That and they haven't made room for Chamberlain who is apparently coming back extremely soon.
34Celtic
Analyst

Post#84 » by 34Celtic » Mon May 7, 2007 4:53 pm

Went and saw Trenton yesterday. Didn't realize no one on the team has an ERA higher than 3.50, pretty ridiculous
HCYanks wrote:Thanks for reminding me Clay Buchholz is a couple of blocks away from me, Fox. Now I have to go hide my laptop.
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User

Post#85 » by NYKnSTILL! » Mon May 7, 2007 5:17 pm

nykgeneralmanager wrote:They are pissing me off that they have not promoted Kennedy yet. That and they haven't made room for Chamberlain who is apparently coming back extremely soon.

relax NYKGM he will oh yes he will 8)
Jitpal
General Manager

Post#86 » by Jitpal » Mon May 7, 2007 5:18 pm

Wasn't Chase Wright already promoted to AAA? Wouldn't that mean there is a spot at Trenton? -Jitpal
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User

Post#87 » by NYKnSTILL! » Mon May 7, 2007 5:35 pm

Jitpal wrote:Wasn't Chase Wright already promoted to AAA? Wouldn't that mean there is a spot at Trenton? -Jitpal

yeh he made his debut it was a shaky one

105 pitches allowed 5 R in 6 IP but that's understandable since he made his debut in the next level

here's his line 6.2 IP, 5 ER 1 H, 6 BB

he'll get better
Jitpal
General Manager

Post#88 » by Jitpal » Mon May 7, 2007 5:50 pm

NYKnSTILL! wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

yeh he made his debut it was a shaky one

105 pitches allowed 5 R in 6 IP but that's understandable since he made his debut in the next level

here's his line 6.2 IP, 5 ER 1 H, 6 BB

he'll get better

Ouch, those numbers look like he is afraid of contact. Might be an after effect of that Boston game. I hope he gets over it quickly because he had some good stuff and would be a good 4th/5th starter. -Jitpal
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User

Post#89 » by NYKnSTILL! » Mon May 7, 2007 6:05 pm

Jitpal wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Ouch, those numbers look like he is afraid of contact. Might be an after effect of that Boston game. I hope he gets over it quickly because he had some good stuff and would be a good 4th/5th starter. -Jitpal

that's his 1st start in AAA in AA his last start was a good one 6 Ks no runs I think. So it's just adjustments
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 2

Post#90 » by cmaff051 » Mon May 7, 2007 6:50 pm

Alan Horne, Joba Chamberlain and Tyler Clippard pitch tonight.
Chach
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#91 » by Chach » Mon May 7, 2007 6:57 pm

nykgeneralmanager wrote:They are pissing me off that they have not promoted Kennedy yet. That and they haven't made room for Chamberlain who is apparently coming back extremely soon.

Dude, small sample size. It's the first week of May, four starts does not greatness make. Let him pitch for a bit in High A and if he continues to be dominant, then move him up. A few more starts at Tampa will give you a better picture of what he will do at AA or give him a chance to develop something before moving to AA. To give you a Sox example, Clay Buchholz has been just as dominant at Kennedy in the Eastern League. 1.98 ERA, .188 Average Against, 35/3 K/BB in only 27.1 innings. But, the Sox are trying him out on a new workout regime in season to help prevent injuries and keep his soulder strong because he only threw 119 innings last year. Kennedy only threw 103 innings in college and the pros last year, maybe the Yanks got him on the same plan. mahalo
~Chach~
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#92 » by cmaff051 » Mon May 7, 2007 6:59 pm

Chach wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Dude, small sample size. It's the first week of May, four starts does not greatness make. Let him pitch for a bit in High A and if he continues to be dominant, then move him up. A few more starts at Tampa will give you a better picture of what he will do at AA or give him a chance to develop something before moving to AA. To give you a Sox example, Clay Buchholz has been just as dominant at Kennedy in the Eastern League. 1.98 ERA, .188 Average Against, 35/3 K/BB in only 27.1 innings. But, the Sox are trying him out on a new workout regime in season to help prevent injuries and keep his soulder strong because he only threw 119 innings last year. Kennedy only threw 103 innings in college and the pros last year, maybe the Yanks got him on the same plan. mahalo
~Chach~

Is this a plug for Clay Bucholz? :)

I like Bucholz, but he is no Phil Hughes.
nykgeneralmanager
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#93 » by nykgeneralmanager » Mon May 7, 2007 9:31 pm

Chach wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

~Chach~

I would agree with you if Kennedy was a HS pitcher who needs to move slowly, although I'm aware that Buchholz is not either. However, the Yankees drafted him with the intention of moving him quickly. I wouldn't be saying all of this if there was not an empty spot in Trenton waiting for him, and moving him would make room for Chamberlain in Tampa. That is the only reason I want him promoted, its not as if somebody is blocking him. He has proven that high A ball is not where he is supposed to be at this point.
nykgeneralmanager
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#94 » by nykgeneralmanager » Tue May 8, 2007 1:00 am

Well its good to have Chamberlain back...4 innings, 1 hit, 0 BBs, 0 runs, 5 Ks...this guy never walks ANYBODY

Quietly, Austin Jackson and Eric Duncan are putting things together and bringing their numbers back to respectability, hopefully that continues because it can be huge.

And through 7 innings, Clippard has allowed 5 hits, walked 3, and struck out 9 while allowing just 1 run.
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#95 » by cmaff051 » Tue May 8, 2007 1:11 am

Alan Horne, another middle of the rotation arm we have, in Trenton... he throws in the mid 90s: 7 IP, 6 H, 8 SO, 0 BB, his ERA is now 3.21.
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User

Post#96 » by NYKnSTILL! » Tue May 8, 2007 2:46 am

J. Tabata went 3 for 4 raising his avg. to .294

Edwar Ramirez now has the most K/9 IP in the league, leading fellow reliever Felix Romero, 16.34 K/9 IP to 16.00 K/9 IP. Ramiriez has 23 K in 21.7 IP, Romero has 32 Kin 18 IP.

Scott Patterson still has a 0.00 ERA and 0 walks, now in 17.7 IP. Patterson has 22 K and a WHIP of 0.57, having allowed 10 hits.
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#97 » by cmaff051 » Tue May 8, 2007 3:16 am

NYKnSTILL! wrote:J. Tabata went 3 for 4 raising his avg. to .294

Edwar Ramirez now has the most K/9 IP in the league, leading fellow reliever Felix Romero, 16.34 K/9 IP to 16.00 K/9 IP. Ramiriez has 23 K in 21.7 IP, Romero has 32 Kin 18 IP.

Scott Patterson still has a 0.00 ERA and 0 walks, now in 17.7 IP. Patterson has 22 K and a WHIP of 0.57, having allowed 10 hits.

NYKnStill, it amazes me how talented our farm system is right now. We lost Phil Hughes to the majors, but we'll add Dellin Betances, Ian Kennedy and Joba Chamberlain, all break out candidates.

We have so many pitching prospects... good pitching prospects... it is insane.
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User

Post#98 » by NYKnSTILL! » Tue May 8, 2007 3:31 am

cmaff051 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

NYKnStill, it amazes me how talented our farm system is right now. We lost Phil Hughes to the majors, but we'll add Dellin Betances, Ian Kennedy and Joba Chamberlain, all break out candidates.

this is why the pitchers we have signed are not getting longterm commitments and I don't want Cashman fired, this system is being built from the ground up, the patch work is to keep us in the playoff race and not make big commitments to players that are done.

Mussina got a 2yr. deal , they would have rather given him a 1 yr. contract but we needed a good number #3 SP

Pettitte 1 yr. deal
Clemens 1 yr. deal

it's patching up and competing while building the system

there are also other pitchers yet to be mentioned strongly

Anthony Claggett, Andres Santos, Zach McCallister, Kevin Whelan, David Robertson, Angel Reyes

the only thing is this system is atleast 1 - 2 yrs. away from making it's impact, so again patience is what it is about,it could get sweet if we land a big pitcher this summer w/o mortgaging the farm SP or Jose Tabata, then we can make an impact while rebuilding on the fly.

Like NYKGM says give me Kevin Whelan over anything we had before, and when Humberto gets healthy watch out :)
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#99 » by cmaff051 » Tue May 8, 2007 3:35 am

NYKnSTILL! wrote:
cmaff051 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

this is why the pitchers we have signed are not getting longterm commitments and I don't want Cashman fired, this system is being built from the ground up, the patch work is to keep us in the playoff race and not make big commitments to players that are done.

Mussina got a 2yr. deal , they would have rather given him a 1 yr. contract but we needed a good number #3 SP

Pettitte 1 yr. deal
Clemens 1 yr. deal

it's patching up and competing while building the system

there are also other pitchers yet to be mentioned strongly

Anthony Claggett, Andres Santos, Zach McCallister, Kevin Whelan, David Robertson, Angel Reyes

the only thing is this system is atleast 1 - 2 yrs. away from making it's impact, so again patience is what it is about,it could get sweet if we land a big pitcher this summer w/o mortgaging the farm SP or Jose Tabata, then we can make an impact while rebuilding on the fly.

Like NYKGM says give me Kevin Whelan over anything we had before, and when Humberto gets healthy watch out :)

Pitchers that I think can make an impact next year

Jeff Marquez
Alan Horne
Tyler Clippard
Humberto Sanchez
Ross Ohlendorf
Ian Kennedy
J.B. Cox
Kevin Whelan

Wow, :o

Cashman has done a great job resurrecting this farm system. I just hope we get consistently good drafts, year after year. We should be spending tons of money in the draft, there is no excuse not to meet demands for players. Give them record bonuses, whatever... just find the talent you want from the draft and then sign them!! No excuses!
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User

Post#100 » by NYKnSTILL! » Tue May 8, 2007 3:51 am

oh don't forget Mark Malancon and Christian Garcia :)

Return to New York Yankees