ImageImageImageImageImage

4/24/07 Yanks @ Tampa Game 2 Wang is BACK!!!

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

chinny
Junior
And1: 0

Post#81 » by chinny » Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:02 am

Just a quick question as I didn't get to see the game.

How was Wang's stuff? ie. velocity, sinker movement

I'm out here in Taiwan where everybody loves the guy to death. The last time I saw him in spring training, it looked like his sinker was kind of flat. Just curious if he's got the nasty sink coming back.

BTW your Japanese pitcher really really sucks... I don't even care to remember his name and hopefully I won't have to see him pitch again.
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User
Location: In his deposition, Thomas denied any fireworks. "I'm not attracted to her, no," he said.

Post#82 » by NYKnSTILL! » Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:18 am

chinny wrote:Just a quick question as I didn't get to see the game.

How was Wang's stuff? ie. velocity, sinker movement

I'm out here in Taiwan where everybody loves the guy to death. The last time I saw him in spring training, it looked like his sinker was kind of flat. Just curious if he's got the nasty sink coming back.

BTW your Japanese pitcher really really sucks... I don't even care to remember his name and hopefully I won't have to see him pitch again.

Wang's stuff was really good tonight , for his first game he did what he is known for , the bowling ball sinker , the ocassional 94 mph fastball, he jammed a few , but he left 2 pitches up in the 7th it was 3 - 2 , Cairo didn't have enough on the throw to 1st got him in trouble , Torre panicks takes Wang out after 81 pitches and brings in an overworked Vizcainno who's arm soon will fall off, and Mike Myers who surrendered the go ahead GS which charged 2 ER to Wang , btw thanks Mike Meyer (you sonofabitch ruined Wang's 1st start of 2007 :evil: )
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,191

Post#83 » by moocow007 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:19 am

ccvle wrote:and im a firm believer that the bullpen is a protection, not a weapon.

Especially this bullpen.
chinny
Junior

Post#84 » by chinny » Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:32 am

NYKnSTILL! wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Wang's stuff was really good tonight , for his first game he did what he is known for , the bowling ball sinker , the ocassional 94 mph fastball, he jammed a few , but he left 2 pitches up in the 7th it was 3 - 2 , Cairo didn't have enough on the throw to 1st got him in trouble , Torre panicks takes Wang out after 81 pitches and brings in an overworked Vizcainno who's arm soon will fall off, and Mike Myers who surrendered the go ahead GS which charged 2 ER to Wang , btw thanks Mike Meyer (you sonofabitch ruined Wang's 1st start of 2007 :evil: )

Thanks for the recap. I'm at work right now and i kept hearing "Myals Myals". I was confused but now it all makes sense.
holdupstop23
Head Coach
And1: 1

Post#85 » by holdupstop23 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:52 am

Jeter in his prime for 5 more years...LOL
**Proud Member of the Frank Williams for Starter Campaign**
Member #1 of 1
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,075

Post#86 » by Pharmcat » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:06 am

this team blows, its that simple
face it, this team isnt as good as we think
ReggieFULLeffect
Senior

Post#87 » by ReggieFULLeffect » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:13 am

this team blows, its that simple
face it, this team isnt as good as we think

I cant agree with that. I think that the bullpen is a product of Torre and if the rotation was healthy we would be fine. The offense can't be expected to get leads and lose them the next inning and have to stand in the field for 7 diff pitchers a night. I just pray the rotation formulates soon, the bullpen gets the rest it deserves, and Clemens is in pinstripes by June. :pray: :pray: :pray:
"It's just like the feminists. They want everything equal but when the check comes, where are they?"- George Costanza

Return to New York Yankees