Olbermann: Jeter overrated, overhyped

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

Black Watch
Bench Warmer
And1: 762

Olbermann: Jeter overrated, overhyped 

Post#1 » by Black Watch » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:25 am

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__UJ9VZB508[/youtube]
Black Watch and Hamyltowne, my former usernames, are tartan patterns. Nothing to do with any race or any city.
Black Watch
Bench Warmer

Re: Olbermann: Jeter overrated, overhyped 

Post#2 » by Black Watch » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:26 am

Next day he doubles down:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xafiSZO_r2g[/youtube]
Black Watch and Hamyltowne, my former usernames, are tartan patterns. Nothing to do with any race or any city.
Vides990
Starter
And1: 972

Post#3 » by Vides990 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:45 pm

Olbermann is a joke, right there with Bayless.....get this crap out of here.
Preemptively joining the Bucks and Twolves bandwagons.
Black Watch
Bench Warmer

Post#4 » by Black Watch » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:06 pm

I actually rather agree with Olbermann on this one.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#5 » by Dr. Detfink » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:11 pm

Keep in mind Olbermann was suspended from MSNBC and ALWAYS wears out his welcome.

Jeter as he stacks up vs All-Time greats:

#77 Batting average
#6 Hits
#9 Runs scored
#29 Doubles
#75 Extra base hits
#7 At Bats
#20 Total bases
#15 MOST hit by a pitch

Going Opposite Field: 72 of his 240 career home runs to the opposite field, nine more than he has pulled to left field. Jeter also has a career batting average of .451 on balls hit to the opposite field, five points higher than his batting average for pulled pitches and 133 points higher than his batting average up the middle.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,191

Post#6 » by moocow007 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:23 am

Black Watch wrote:I actually rather agree with Olbermann on this one.

What exactly is your intent in posting this here? Were you actually thinking that Yankee fans would agree with you or is this a straight poor attempt at trolling?

And Olbermann's a moron who was initially himself overhyped and then much like a rotten onion, as you start to peel away at him, you realize that he's probably the most overhyped sports caster in the history of sports journalism...as how many news organizations have realized now?

He should do a broadcast on himself if he's looking for overhyped and overrated.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,957

Post#7 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:55 am

Olbermann: Sucked as sports commentator, sucked more as "journalist", sucks again as sports commentator.

Self importantant, opinionated blowhard, who isn't as smart by half as he thinks he is.
Black Watch
Bench Warmer

Post#8 » by Black Watch » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:03 am

moocow007 wrote:
Black Watch wrote:I actually rather agree with Olbermann on this one.

What exactly is your intent in posting this here? Were you actually thinking that Yankee fans would agree with you or is this a straight poor attempt at trolling?

And Olbermann's a moron who was initially himself overhyped and then much like a rotten onion, as you start to peel away at him, you realize that he's probably the most overhyped sports caster in the history of sports journalism...as how many news organizations have realized now?

He should do a broadcast on himself if he's looking for overhyped and overrated.

Olbermann is indeed overrated. I think his saying that Jeter is not the greatest Yankee ever is debatable, certainly. I'm open to hearing both sides, though.
Vides990
Starter
And1: 972

Post#9 » by Vides990 » Wed Oct 1, 2014 1:10 pm

Black Watch wrote:Olbermann is indeed overrated. I think his saying that Jeter is not the greatest Yankee ever is debatable, certainly. I'm open to hearing both sides, though.

There's no reason for Olbermann to even argue that as no one actually thinks Jeter is the greatest yankee ever, that title forever blongs to Ruth, we are a team of history. Jeter is the best yankee SS ever and now has his place on the all time yankee team though i can see why you need to come and try to cause a debate here as he would be the greatest blue jay ever.
Preemptively joining the Bucks and Twolves bandwagons.
Black Watch
Bench Warmer

Post#10 » by Black Watch » Wed Oct 1, 2014 2:32 pm

Vides990 wrote:
Black Watch wrote:Olbermann is indeed overrated. I think his saying that Jeter is not the greatest Yankee ever is debatable, certainly. I'm open to hearing both sides, though.

There's no reason for Olbermann to even argue that as no one actually thinks Jeter is the greatest yankee ever, that title forever blongs to Ruth, we are a team of history. Jeter is the best yankee SS ever and now has his place on the all time yankee team though i can see why you need to come and try to cause a debate here as he would be the greatest blue jay ever.

Guys, take it easy.

Jeter is an icon, a superstar, no doubt about it. Olbermann manipulated his numbers to formulate a specious narrative and I thought it interesting enough to post on here. Please refrain from catching feelings.

He's a first-ballot hall-of-famer and an excellent example of what it means to be a baseball player (quiet, hard-working, consistent, confident, selfless, etc.).
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,042

Post#11 » by Pharmcat » Wed Oct 1, 2014 9:23 pm

olbermann did this for ratings

no one says he is the best yankee ever

olbermann lost all credibility when he brought up arod and tejada as SS winning MVP, considering the PEDs they have done

baseball isnt all about the WAR stats, but thats hard to explain to the number geeks that have taken over this game

Return to New York Yankees