Can this bullpen carry us all year?

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Can this bullpen carry us all year? 

Post#1 » by TKF » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:36 pm

Seems like the bull pen is the strength of the team, the starting pitching if they can stay healthy isn't bad either...

We are getting good contributions from Tex and A-rod and Jacoby is coming around. If we can just stay healthy and get some guys hot, we may be able to take this division.

The defense has been really solid of late and we are doing this with guys like beltran and didi not hitting at all.

thoughts.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Re: Can this bullpen carry us all year? 

Post#2 » by Dr. Detfink » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:18 am

I don't think the pen will have to carry the Yanks all season long. What Joe-G is doing, using the pen to buffer the delicate starting pitching. Takes time for starters to get used to the long season especially in the cooler months such as April.

Having said that, the bigger question is Tanaka. More and more I'm thinking the Yankees shouldn't have allowed him to go full throttle with Splitters and fastballs early, setting up his arm injury. Who knows how long that is going to plague him going forward...seems like not having the surgery may do MORE damage in the long run.
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#3 » by TKF » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:26 pm

Yes, I am worried about Tanaka and even more are we going to need that bullpen to be strong.

I hate to suggest that people go under the knife, but had he done so last year, he would have been ready for next spring training.

I have my fingers crossed..
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,042

Post#4 » by Pharmcat » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:58 am

the pen cant do it all....beltran really needs to start earning that money, he is stealing money from the yankees

Return to New York Yankees