ImageImageImageImageImage

Cashman

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

34Celtic
Analyst
And1: 0

Cashman 

Post#1 » by 34Celtic » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:37 pm

Again, our team ERA is 5.02, only 3 teams in baseball have a worse ERA. We've had 2 starters who have been healthy all year, Pettitte and Igawa (who hasn't done anything special besides that Saturday start). What do you want Torre to do? Once our pitching gets healthy, then you can bash Torre, until then you have to give Cashman some of the blame too, he's the one that chose these players.

Also, our front office seems to be a horrible judge of pitching talent. Sure, since Cashman has been here we've brought in Clemens and Moose; got lucky with Chacon and Small and then unlucky the next year. But we also let Pettitte go a few years ago (maybe not his fault). Think about who we have brought in and had fail here. Kevin Brown, Jose Contreras, Pavano, Jaret Wright, Javy Vazquez, Jeff Weaver (anyone remember the Ted Lilly trade??), Denny Neagle, the fat pussy toad.

I know Georgie is to blame for some of these, but the reason we haven't won since 2000 is because we haven't had the pitching Stick Michael and Bob Watson supplied us with for that dynasty. You can blame Torre all you want for misuse of the bullpen, but the guy has NOTHING to work with this year. Also, things would look a little different had Rivera been himself all season.
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 2

Post#2 » by cmaff051 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:39 pm

:nod: :nod:

Is this the first thing we agree on? :rofl:

http://www.realgm.com/boards/baseball/v ... php?t=1226
34Celtic
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#3 » by 34Celtic » Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:28 pm

Thing is I commented on it, and didn't realize.

Mods can we get these two merged?
HCYanks wrote:Thanks for reminding me Clay Buchholz is a couple of blocks away from me, Fox. Now I have to go hide my laptop.

Return to New York Yankees