ImageImageImageImageImage

Phil Hughes' first rehab start tonight

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

Slamm Goodbody
Bench Warmer
And1: 101

Re: Phil Hughes' first rehab start tonight 

Post#41 » by Slamm Goodbody » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:43 pm

"Phil Hughes needed 86 pitches to get 10 outs for Class AAA Scranton/Wilkes-Barre on Friday, allowing 8 runs and 10 hits with six strikeouts and a walk. Hughes has given up 13 earned runs in his last seven innings for Scranton."

Ugly start last night for Phil. We may not even see him pitch up here again this year.
Mardy Collins Superfan
nykgeneralmanager
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 306

Post#42 » by nykgeneralmanager » Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:27 pm

Well the minor league season ends in about a week (not counting playoffs). So once they are done playing he will have to be called up in order to get his innings up.
Slamm Goodbody
Bench Warmer
And1: 101

Post#43 » by Slamm Goodbody » Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:57 pm

He'll be back when the rosters expand, but I don't want to see us throwing him out there if he isn't ready just for the sake of innings. If he has a rough go of it, while VERY unlikely, I could see them simulating innings just to get him the work and sending him south for winter ball. I think it really depends on where Phil is in his rehab and, most importantly, where the team is in the standings, to see where he fits in. The way he's throwing right now though, in AAA no less, he certainly doesn't seem ready to contribute. I just hope he comes back for his last 1 or 2 starts this year lights out so we can get Rasner out of here already.
Mardy Collins Superfan

Return to New York Yankees