ImageImageImageImageImage

BREAKING NEWS: MANNY TO LA

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

meatball sub
RealGM
And1: 8,719

Re: BREAKING NEWS: MANNY TO LA 

Post#16 » by meatball sub » Fri Aug 1, 2008 6:26 am

Yeah, the AL owns the NL so that's not surprising. There might be an adjustment period, but Bay is a very good hitter and one that has put up respectable numbers in Pittsburgh for the past few years. Pittsburgh's offense has been much better this season than in recent years, but Boston is a way better team and going somewhere that provides an opportunity at a ring definitely could make Bay become even more dangerous. I'm not convinced we've seen Bay's best years just yet. I would guess he's going to hit third with Papi behind him, so let's just say I'm not too thrilled that he's going to be spending them with the Red Sox...
8/24
Junior
And1: 0

Re: BREAKING NEWS: MANNY TO LA 

Post#17 » by 8/24 » Fri Aug 1, 2008 8:24 pm

Jitpal wrote:I don't know much about Moss, so I will defer to you there. However, Gammons was on record saying Hansen is the best setup man in baseball. So setting up for Papelbon I assume. Not that I agree with that assessment, but it is what Gammons said. -Jitpal

Gammons never said that.....I watched ESPN and NESNjust about the whole day... and rejoiced at the news of Manny being traded. Good riddance with that Yankee Killer.

:rockon:

Return to New York Yankees